Vivica is a slender teenage girl of average height. She has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair that covers a bit of her right eye and face, which is also tied in a low ponytail. She has a mole on her right cheek below her eye and also wears braces.
In her civilian attire, she wears a black t-shirt with red colour designs underneath a green hoodie. She also sports blue jeans and black canvas shoes.
As Desperada, she looks like a skeleton from a Día de los Muertos festival with two musical notes that are on both sides of her cheeks a star-shaped guitar case that she carries on her back.
Vivica is a skilled guitarist, even skilled enough to be recognized by the rockstar, Jagged Stone.
Vivica is generally observant and good at hiding, A skill which she could use to make sneak attacks while she was Akumatized.
Desperada can summon a variety of music-based weapons from her guitar case. Anyone who is hit by these is transformed into a sticker on said case. Her known weapons include:
- A trumpet that fires blasts of yellow energy that transform anyone she hits into yellow dust. She also can use the smoke to distract her enemies.
- A guitar in the shape of a medieval axe.
- A pair of bicycle horns that also fire out yellow energy.
- A trombone that resembles a sniper rifle.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Absent|
|1. "Chameleon":||Absent||14. "Stormy Weather 2":||Absent|
|2. "Animaestro":||Absent||15. "Kwamibuster":||Absent|
|3. "Bakerix":||Absent||16. "Feast":||Absent|
|4. "Backwarder":||Absent||17. "Reflekdoll":||Absent|
|5. "Gamer 2.0":||Appears||18. "Ikari Gozen":||Absent|
|6. "Weredad":||Absent||19. "Desperada":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Absent||20. "Startrain":||Absent|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Absent||21. "Timetagger":||Absent|
|9. "Miraculer":||Absent||22. "Cat Blanc":||Absent|
|10. "Oblivio":||Absent||23. "Félix":||Absent|
|11. "Party Crasher":||Absent||24. "Ladybug":||Absent|
|12. "Christmaster":||Absent||25. "Heart Hunter":||Absent|
|13. "The Puppeteer 2":||Absent||26. "Miracle Queen":||Absent|
- On June 3, 2018, Thomas Astruc noted that Vivica will still appear, but ideas from her development early on have changed.
- Vivica is the first character in the show to have braces.
- As Desperada, she looks like Fiesta from Skylanders: SuperChargers.
- Originally, Desperada's character looked like Deathstroke from DC Comics with a musical twist.
- Vivica is based on a real person of the same name. As the winner of a contest at the Miraculous Ladybug panel at Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, Vivica got to help create a future Akumatized character during a visit at Zag Studios in Los Angeles.
- The real Vivica said she wanted to be a vet when she grew up, which is what inspired the character Vivica's job and Akumatized form in early development, though it has since changed.
- According to the whiteboard seen behind Jeremy Zag during the meeting for creating Vivica, Vivica was originally going to be a fan of Cat Noir and felt like he doesn't get enough attention.
- Based on the whiteboard, either Hawk Moth, who "knows Cat very well", might have gotten jealous of Vivica or something else, or Vivica might have become jealous and it led to her Akumatization.
- As of May 17, 2017, Vivica's episode had not been written; the French crew did not know about Vivica even being a character. Because Season 3 was almost completely written, it was possible that Vivica will not be seen until Season 4 at the earliest if she still appears.
- However, a different version of Vivica later manages to debut in "Desperada".
- One of the Weapons she wields as Desperada, an axe/guitar hybrid, is very reminiscent of the Axe Bass used by Marceline Abadeer in Adventure Time. Coincidentally, both characters have some relation to rock music.