|This article is about the creator of Miraculous. You may be looking for the character.|
|“||As long as you're many to watch the show, there'll be new seasons.||”|
—Thomas on Twitter about the end of Miraculous
Thomas worked on Code Lyoko, W.I.T.C.H., and Season 2 of The Daltons as a storyboard artist, and on Totally Spies! as the storyboard supervisor. He is also known for his work as a storyboard artist on Wasabi (2001) and Asterix and Obelix Meet Cleopatra (2002). At some point while Miraculous was being made, he was a guest artist for LoliRock on the episode "Batty", storyboarding the second half of the episode and revising the episode's script.
At JapansTours37 in a conference with Thomas Astruc it was revealed that, at one point, Thomas wanted to do 'real' work and study to become an engineer or dentist rather than an animator and writer.
|“||Hi fellow miraculers! Welcome on my miraculous account! Feel free to ask anything. But remember, if your question can be answered by "no spoiler", then it's certainly the answer ^^||”|
—Thomas on Twitter
|“||Currently under spam attack from fans with hashtag #JusticeForChloeB , involving a lot of insults, while I'm working myself to death in order for the show not to suffer from quarantine. They don't even realize they're displaying the same toxic behavior as Chloé's. Oh, the irony.||”|
—Thomas on Twitter about toxic fans
|“|| Fandom then: Luka who ? Don't touch my lovesquare ! 🤨
Fandom now: Luka, Marinette doesn't deserve you 💙
Fandom then: I hate this Kagami 😡
Fandom now: Kagami is a queen ! ♥ ️
Haterz: dEreez nO chAracTAh DevloPment !
—Thomas on Twitter about the fandom of Miraculous
|“|| Thank you all for your #4YearsOfMiraculous birthday wishes !
You're the best ! I wish you the happiest time watching the future mind-blowing episodes !
—Thomas on Twitter about the 4th Anniversary of Miraculous
|“|| A whole episode is being spoiled at SDCC.
If you're not there, do yourself a favor and don't ruin the experience by watching it on such poor quality on social networks. As for those who're doing lives of it, well, you know what I think of spoilers...
—Thomas on Twitter about the whole episode spoiled at SDCC 2019
|“|| For years now I lied carefully to preserve some key surprises.
All for nothing. Frankly, after 10 years of extreme hard work, hoping to show that we can do great stuff in 🇫🇷, popular yet clever, not necessarily kids-only oriented, I'm a bit discouraged.
—Thomas on Twitter about the RTS season 3 synopsis leak
|“|| You really, really should avoid the recent spoilers leak.|
Spoilers set your mind on certain expectations. Then you will analyze the episodes through this mindset instead of enjoying it without preconceived ideas. Spoilers build hype, but damage the experience.
—Thomas on Twitter about recent TF1 press conference
|“||My dear Miraculers... why are you so awesome?||”|
—Thomas Astruc, Comic to fans
|“||Dear Miraculers, if your question can be answered by "no spoiler", then it's certainly the answer ^^||”|
—Thomas on Twitter
|“||Miraculous is one of the cutest, purest and most positive shows ever made. And you are the nicest and most creative fan community ever!||”|
—Thomas in a letter to fans
|“||In MLB, villains have defined powers. So when heroes understand the rule, a weak point appears. Heroes always should outsmart the villains. If villain can be beaten by strength, it means hero is stronger. If hero is the strongest, it means villain wasn't a real threat.||”|
—Thomas on Twitter about villains
- As of February 2020, Thomas has two Twitter accounts: one is related to Miraculous Ladybug and second is personal.
- Thomas was named after the character Major Tom from the David Bowie song "Space Oddity."
- Thomas is known to be very jokey and tongue-in-cheek with fans on Twitter, something he attributes to "French sarcasm".
- He likes croissants.
- He has a yellow, fluffy, long-haired cat named "Chachat" (pronounced "Sha-sha").
- Fans call him variations of Hawk Moth's name, such as "Papapillon", "Hawkfather", and "Hawkdaddy".
- In response, he named the fans of the television show "The Miraculers".
- He has a huge collection of fanart.
- His Twitter name used to be "NoSpoiler-Man". This was made in response to people constantly asking him about season 2 and his penchant to answer questions with "No spoiler" or a picture saying the same thing. It is now just "Thomas Astruc".
- He makes a cameo in the French version of "Gamer" as the voice of the start menu of Ultimate Mecha Strike III. This is his only cameo in season 1.
- Thomas has stated that he loves all of the characters equally but has a preference for Jagged Stone and a dislike for Chloé Bourgeois.
- His favorite episodes to direct as of season 1 were "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)" and "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)".
- His favorite Studio Ghibli film is Omoide Poroporo.
- His favorite DreamWorks film is How to Train Your Dragon.
- His favorite Disney film is Tangled.
- During the final game of the UEFA Euro 2016, Thomas promised to reveal a spoiler about the upcoming season should France beat Portugal.
- The #ColorsForSpoilers hashtag was used to promote the event, where fans would place fanart of the characters supporting the French soccer team. Some also changed their Twitter pictures as well.
- During the game, he tweeted that he would reveal one spoiler for each goal scored by France.
- Though France lost the game without scoring points, Thomas did choose to release a teaser for season 2 as a thank you for all the support given to the French soccer team.
- Just before San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, Jeremy Zag posted a video to Instagram of Thomas dressed as Marinette.
- As a reference for a ballroom scene in "Despair Bear", Thomas has slow-danced with Wilfried Pain.
- As of January 2018, Thomas was expecting a baby. Her birth and gender were announced on August 12, 2018.
- His favorite comic character is Superman.
- His least favorite character in the show is Lila Rossi.
- Thomas cameoed as a character who is akumatized in the season 3 episode "Animaestro".
- When asked about his favorite "ships", Thomas stated to enjoyed all of them, but found the one between Nathaniel Kurtzberg and Marc Anciel to the most interesting and the most complex to create.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Thomas' Facebook
- Thomas' IMDb
- Thomas' Linkedin
Thomas' current Tumblr
- Thomas left Tumblr on March 30, 2016. He will only use Twitter and his personal Facebook to announce Miraculous Ladybug information. This will make it easier for him to answer questions and for Miraculers to find information. This will also prevent new Miraculers from stumbling onto fake accounts believing the user is Thomas.
- Thomas' previous Tumblr
- Thomas' Miraculous-related Twitter
- Thomas' personal Twitter
- Thomas' YouTube
- Thomas' new Instagram