|“||Do you think they'll be up to it, master?||”|
"The Origins Story" (also known as "Origins") is a two-part episode special event in Season 1 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. It first premiered on August 6, 2016, on Nickelodeon and February 10, 2017, on Netflix. The special revolves around Ladybug and Cat Noir where they first became Ladybug and Cat Noir, and why Hawk Moth is their sworn enemy.
Each story has its beginning. Discover how Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste, two high school students practically like everyone else, became Ladybug and Cat Noir, and why Hawk Moth is their sworn enemy.
The episodes, in order, are:
- Internationally, the special episodes first premiered in Canada on Télé-Québec for French viewers on March 4, and 5th, 2016, respectively.
- It was advertised as the Season 2 premiere (episode 14 and 15) in South Korea.
- The French title for the two-parter is called "Origines".
- Meanwhile, the Korean title for the special is "탄생! 레이디버그" which translates to "Rise! Ladybug".
- The special have been adapted into comics from Action Lab's Miraculous: Origins and Soleil Productions's Miraculous: Les Aventures de Ladybug et Chat Noir.
- The first part of the special, "Ladybug & Cat Noir" doesn't include an end card.
- This was one of Thomas Astruc's favorite episodes to direct.
- Rather than being the season finale, Thomas considers the origins episodes, to be "a special 2-parter to be watched after the series."
- Before the first origins episode aired, a fan created a comic similar to Spider-Man's origin story. It is currently Thomas' Twitter header and appears in the Miraculous Secrets episode "Ladyblog".
- The special was released out of order on Disney+, having an episode between the two parts, similarly to what Netflix did with the first two parts of Queen's Battle.
- In earlier versions of the special, there were many more errors as compared to the final release. These errors include certain objects glowing (the Butterfly Miraculous) or being transparent (Cat Noir's ring). This is due to the show's staff still working on the episodes whilst they were still in production. These errors have since been corrected in subsequent release of the episodes.
- Main articles: Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)/Gallery and Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)/Gallery