Sun Wukong (孫悟空 [Traditional Chinese] / 孙悟空 [Simplified Chinese] Wukong Sun western order.), also known as the Monkey King, is a mythological figure from legends in China. He was a past Miraculous holder, wielding the Monkey Miraculous and transforming into a monkey-themed superhero when Xuppu inhabited it.
- When asked if Sun Wukong was a former Monkey Miraculous holder, Thomas Astruc responded, "Most certainly."
- However, it is unknown if Zhu Bajie, a character from the same story, was a Pig Miraculous holder.
- hóu wáng (猴王) means "monkey king" in Chinese.
- In Chinese Mythology, Sun Wukong obtained his supernatural powers through Taoist practices. However, it seems that this Sun Wukong had gotten his powers from the Monkey Miraculous.
- Sun (孫) means "monkey" (in this context), Wu (悟) means "awakened, and Kong (空) means "space".
- He is the second person of Chinese origins to wield the Monkey Miraculous succeeding the Ancient Chinese Monkey Miraculous holder.