|This article is about the second Origins episode. You may be looking for another Origins or the character.|
|“||Those two are made for each other.||”|
—Wang Fu, "Stoneheart"
"Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)" is a Season 1 episode of the series, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. As based on the series' production order specifically, "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)" is the 23rd written and produced episode of Season 1. It is also the 23rd written and produced episode of the series, overall.
This episode is also the 2nd and final part of the Season 1-based 2-parter, "The Origins Story."
In a continuing flashback to Ladybug and Cat Noir's origins, Marinette mistakes Adrien for a bully and hesitates to embrace her Ladybug persona.
Marinette no longer wants to be Ladybug. But Paris, Cat Noir and her best friend Alya are in danger: Ladybug is the only one who can save them.
Continuing from the previous episode with innocent victims turning into immobile Stonehearts all over Paris, Marinette discreetly asks her father for advice on the situation, and they reply that Ladybug will return and save the city. When Marinette expresses her doubt, Tom only reassures her. She runs up to her room, and after a brief pause on her way, takes out her earrings.
At the Agreste mansion, Nathalie discovers that Adrien has left, much to the anger of his father. Adrien is then seen running as fast as he can trying to reach the school before Nathalie and the Gorilla catch up with him.
Marinette, meanwhile, arrives at school. Alya informs her of the new website she created called the Ladyblog and reassures Marinette that Ladybug will save the city once more.
Marinette encounters Chloé mocking Ivan, saying he is a monster and making fun of his crush on Mylène. In his lair, Hawk Moth identifies Ivan's anger and prepares to release another akuma. Adrien reaches the school, just as Nathalie exits the car and tells him not to go through with it, but Adrien ignores her and goes in any way.
Alya confronts Chloé for her attitude towards Ivan, but Chloé retorts, causing Alya to storm away. Adrien, who has just entered the school, greets Chloé, who runs towards him as everyone else recognizes who he is.
Marinette follows Ivan and advises him to tell Mylène how he feels and to think positively. He agrees to this, and Marinette suggests to him various ways he can win over Mylène, inspiring him to write her a song. Marinette agrees and encourages Ivan's idea reminding him again to stay positive. Feeling better, Ivan silently thanks Marinette and runs off after to work on his song. Hawk Moth angrily notices Ivan's negative emotions are fading.
Adrien is led around the school by Chloé as he signs autographs along the way. She leads him into his class and directs him to a seat at the front, in front of her. He sits himself down next to Nino, who ignores him as he's friends with Chloé. Adrien is surprised by this. But then he spots Chloé sticking a piece of gum on a seat. He questions her and goes to remove the gum himself.
Meanwhile, Marinette is walking to her class with Alya and slips her Miraculous into Alya's bag. They enter the class and see Adrien hunched over her seat, supposedly sticking gum on it. Marinette angrily confronts him as he tries to defend himself to no use. Marinette places a napkin over the gum and angrily sits down. Alya and Marinette soon identify that Adrien is a famous model and the son of Marinette's favorite fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. They shake their heads in distaste. Nino, however, recognizes that Adrien is nice and agrees to be his new friend.
Mylène is running out of the bathroom, worried she'll be late for class before she bumps into Ivan. Ivan then tells her he wrote her a song and sings it loudly, causing Mylène to run away. Ivan grows angry once more and becomes re-akumatized. With his re-akumatization, all the immobilized Stonehearts come to life and begin to terrorize Paris.
In class, Miss Bustier is taking attendance before Ivan as Stoneheart angrily enters upon the call of his name. He kidnaps Mylène and Chloé and runs out of the classroom, pursued by Alya, who wants footage for her blog. Alya leaves her bag with the earrings behind with Marinette, so Marinette takes it and follows her. Adrien rushes to his locker to transform into Cat Noir.
Chloé continues to complain as she is carried off by Stoneheart before Cat Noir swings in and hits Stoneheart, causing him to only grow bigger. At Chloé's request for the cavalry, Stoneheart also brings in all of his minions. Cat Noir barely escapes them as the original Stoneheart runs off with Myène and Chloé. Alya heads straight into the commotion in an effort to capture footage of Ladybug saving the day, but she gets crushed by a car against a building.
Marinette faces turmoil before putting the earrings on, telling Tikki she has decided to continue as Ladybug. She admits she's not sure she's up for the task, but her friend needs her. She then transforms into Ladybug. Once she has become Ladybug, she lifts the car, freeing Alya.
Ladybug pursues Stoneheart on his way to Eiffel Tower. Once she reaches it, she calls to Cat Noir to aid her. Atop the Eiffel Tower, Stoneheart decides to throw Chloé off the tower to get rid of her. As Chloé approaches the ground, Ladybug catches her, saving her life.
As the police prepare to fire, Ladybug argues with Roger Raincomprix, who tells her to leave the work to the professionals. Ladybug begins to doubt herself, but it doesn't take long for Cat Noir to reassure her that she can do this. Suddenly, Stoneheart coughs, spits out a swarm of akumas, and falls down, and Hawk Moth's face made out of akumas appears. He tells all of Paris his name and then demands Ladybug and Cat Noir give up their Miraculouses. Ladybug retorts and asserts that Hawk Moth can't just reverse the roles of the heroes and the villain. She uses her yo-yo to defeat the head of Hawk Moth, standing up for herself and all of Paris before purifying Hawk Moth's akumas. Cat Noir smiles, realizing he is in love with whoever Ladybug is.
The two heroes then return their focus to Stoneheart. Back in his lair, Hawk Moth convinces Stoneheart to attack Ladybug and Cat Noir. Stoneheart complies and summons his entire army to surround them. In a pinch, Ladybug comes up with a plan to bring Stoneheart and Mylène closer together. Ladybug makes her way to the top of the Eiffel Tower and comforts a scared Mylène.
She summons her Lucky Charm, a parachute. Ladybug uses her yo-yo to bring Mylène and Stoneheart together so that they kiss, causing the surprised Stoneheart to release both Mylène and his crumpled up song, the akumatized object. Both begin falling, and Ladybug goes after the akumatized object, purifying it. She utilizes the parachute to rescue Mylène, telling Cat Noir to take care of Ivan.
Cat Noir uses his Cataclysm to create a platform and saves Ivan. Ladybug swings back up and purifies the akuma. She then throws the parachute into the air and its energy returns everything to normal producing the first Miraculous Ladybug event. In his lair, Hawk Moth vows to one day get their Miraculouses and have his secret dream come true.
After rescuing both, Ladybug tells Mylène to read the lyrics to Ivan's song, and after she does, Mylène thanks him before hugging him, causing him to blush. The two new heroes watch the couple with shared smiles before Ladybug's earrings beep reminding her of the time limit of her Miraculous. She says she'll see him soon to Cat Noir and he responds that he can't wait.
The next day at school, Marinette and Alya relate the events of yesterday. Alya apparently missed all the action but Marinette assures her she'll get another chance in the future. Meanwhile, Adrien's car parks outside the school. Inside the car, Adrien is having a video conference with his father. Gabriel scolds his son for attending the school without his permission. But his father surprises him with the news that he can still go to school. Adrien expresses his happiness with thanks to Nathalie and his father and quickly leaves for class.
Marinette and Alya are about to take their usual seats in the classroom, but Marinette changes her mind and sits in her old spot. When Chloé questions the sudden change in seating arrangements, Marinette stands up to her and tells Chloé to take her attitude elsewhere, which makes the class laugh. When Adrien arrives, Marinette ignores his attempt to talk to her, but Nino urges him to be honest with her
Later at the end of the day, Adrien finds Marinette standing alone without an umbrella in the rain. He explains to her that Chloé put the gum on her seat and he was attempting to remove it. He hands her his umbrella, and they share brief eye contact through the exchange. Before the umbrella closes over Marinette's head, causing Adrien to laugh, resulting in Marinette smiling and laughing as well.
After they part ways, Marinette finds herself stuttering when she tries to say goodbye, and Adrien is overjoyed to have made a new friend. In the distance, Master Wang Fu and Wayzz watch the two new heroes, glad the Miraculouses are in the right hands. A satisfied Wayzz congratulates his master for an excellent choice for choosing the ones who can be trusted as Fu says that both are made for each other, and the episode ends.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Gabriel Agreste/Hawk Moth
- Ivan Bruel/Stoneheart
- Mylène Haprèle
- Chloé Bourgeois
- Alya Césaire
- Sabine Cheng
- Tom Dupain
- Emilie Agreste (pictured)
- Nino Lahiffe
- Sabrina Raincomprix
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg (background)
- Max Kanté
- Lê Chiến Kim
- Rose Lavillant (background)
- Juleka Couffaine (background)
- Alix Kubdel (background)
- Nathalie Sancoeur
- Adrien's bodyguard
- Caline Bustier
- Nadja Chamack
- André Bourgeois
- Roger Raincomprix
- Jean Duparc (background)
- Wang Fu
- Aurore Beauréal (pictured)
- Mireille Caquet (pictured)
- Internationally, this episode first premiered in Canada on Télé-Québec.
- This episode was the twenty-sixth to air in France — its Season 1 finale — and the twenty-second to air on TéléQuébec.
- The title for the French version is "Cœur de Pierre (Origines - Partie 2)" and the title for the Korean version is "Rise! Ladybug 2".
- This is the second part of the two-part episode about Ladybug and Cat Noir's origins.
- This was one of Thomas Astruc's favorite episodes to direct.
- Rather than being the season finale, Thomas considers this episode, as well as its first part, to be "a special 2-parter to be watched after the series."
- Cat Noir breaks the fourth wall by looking towards the audience and saying their fights with villains are probably going to be like this from here on out.
- The song Ivan put as a background for his love song to Mylène is the same as the one Jagged Stone plays in "Guitar Villain" after he feeds his tablet to Fang.
- Hawk Moth not only makes himself known to Ladybug and Cat Noir, but to all of Paris as well.
- It is revealed that Marinette is already aware that Hawk Moth's power stems from a Miraculous.
- The sound of thunder that happens when Adrien gives the umbrella to Marinette alludes to the French expression "coup de foudre," which translates to "clap of thunder," meaning the moment when one person instantly falls in love with another person.
- A storyboard of this episode was made by Etienne Guignard. Here he published the storyboard of the last scene with an alternative end card and here he published the storyboard of the Eiffel Tower scene.
- The umbrella scene is Cristina Vee's favorite scene, as of Season 1.
- The way Ladybug destroys the illusion of Hawk Moth is a reference to the Red Sentinel Ranger’s finishing move from Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
- The way Ivan carries Mylène up the tower in his akumatized form is similar to a scene in the King Kong films where Kong climbs the tallest buildings with a damsel.
- The way Marinette and Adrien acted towards each other during their first and second encounters shares a resemblance to how Ash and Pikachu first met in the "Pokemon" Anime.
- Upon their first meeting one had bad opinions about the other as Pikachu found Ash unworthy to be his trainer while Marinette assumed Adrien was just like Chloe.
- They both did actions that prove the opposite changing their partner's opinions; Ash with his bravery and Adrien with his kindness and honesty.
- And both pairs connected with each other during a storm.
- Marinette has a picture of Adrien in her room, even though she has not met him as Adrien before this episode.
- In some scenes, Marinette can be seen wearing her earrings even though she took them off in the previous episode.
- When Alya notices her classmates all gather up around Ivan at the courtyard, Max's afro is transparent.
- Mylène has her ladybug pin in the first scene she appears, but when Ivan approaches her to sing his song, it disappears, until she starts to run away. The ladybug pin continues to disappear throughout the episode.
- When Stoneheart takes Mylène and Chloé, he grabs Mylène with his right hand and Chloé with his left, but when he throws the latter from the Eiffel Tower, his grip on the girls is reversed as he throws Chloé with his right hand while holding Mylène with his left. Mylène is still in his left hand when he starts to climb the tower, but in his next shot, Mylène is back in his right hand.
- Even though Ladybug saves Chloé from Stoneheart, Alya and Adrien believe that they are the same person in "Lady Wifi".
- When Stoneheart throws Chloé, she is floating above the floor for a few seconds before Ladybug catches her.
- When Stoneheart enters the classroom, the top of his right shoulder clips through the top of the door.
- This is still unknown to be an error, but as Adrien transforms into Chat noir, he has opened Alix's locker.
Click here to view the gallery.
- https://www.facebook.com/events/1709063432746008/?active_tab=about, https://www.facebook.com/TFOU/photos/a.202952056506859/855930044542387/?type=3&theater & https://www.facebook.com/TFOU/photos/a.202952056506859/868507996617925/?type=3&theater
- http://web.archive.org/web/20210625013441/https://twitter.com/Chats24024583/status/1243834553740996608 & http://web.archive.org/web/20210625013228/https://twitter.com/Winny_IRL/status/1243867805600096256
- Archieved from Kidsclick.com/Miraculous.
- Thomas Astruc linked to a post explaining the significance of the clap of thunder.