First, Snake Miraculous owner slides back the snake figurehead on the Miraculous to mark that moment in time. Over the course of five minutes, the figurehead slowly slides back into place. When in need, the user activates the power by sliding the snake figurehead back again.
Once activated, time is reversed back to the marked moment. The Snake Miraculous owner's memory remains intact, allowing them to correct any issues or mistakes that occurred before turning back time.
The Snake Miraculous owner can use this power as many times as they want, however, if five minutes pass without using this power, then the Miraculous loses power, and the Miraculous owner detransforms back.
|"Desperada"||Aspik||Used by Aspik a total of 25,913 times over the course of several months while trying to help Ladybug, but failing to save her and defeat Desperada.|
|Viperion||Used at least 4 times by Viperion who manages to find a way to defeat Desperada.|
|"Party Crasher"||Viperion||Used to go back in time to prevent Party Crasher from capturing Carapace. Because of the villain's ability to read movement, Viperion ends up being captured.|
|"Miracle Queen"||Viperion||Used at least twice by the mind-controlled Viperion during his fight(s) against Cat Noir.|
|Snake Noir||Used at least twice by Snake Noir to save Dragon Bug from the mind-controlled Pegasus, Rena Rouge, and King Monkey.|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Absent|
|1. "Chameleon":||Absent||14. "Stormy Weather 2":||Absent|
|2. "Animaestro":||Absent||15. "Kwamibuster":||Absent|
|3. "Bakerix":||Absent||16. "Feast":||Absent|
|4. "Backwarder":||Absent||17. "Reflekdoll":||Absent|
|5. "Gamer 2.0":||Absent||18. "Ikari Gozen":||Absent|
|6. "Weredad":||Absent||19. "Desperada":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Absent||20. "Startrain":||Absent|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Absent||21. "Timetagger":||Absent|
|9. "Miraculer":||Absent||22. "Cat Blanc":||Absent|
|10. "Oblivio":||Absent||23. "Félix":||Absent|
|11. "Party Crasher":||Appears||24. "Ladybug":||Absent|
|12. "Christmaster":||Absent||25. "Heart Hunter":||Absent|
|13. "The Puppeteer 2":||Absent||26. "Miracle Queen":||Appears|
- The nature of the Snake Miraculous' power could possibly be a reference to the Ouroboros, a snake biting its own tail, symbolizing eternal return, along with self-reflexivity and cyclicality, as Second Chance allows the holder to only go backward in time a few seconds or minutes.
- Snake Miraculous' power could go in a time loop.
- It could be possible when a Snake Miraculous holder grows into an adult or has mastered their powers instead of only going back a few seconds or minutes, they could go back even further.
- It is the second Miraculous power shown to be able to manipulate time, following Burrow, which is used through the Rabbit Miraculous.
- Second Chance is the fourth known superpower to not need a Miraculous tool to be activated, following Burrow, Akumatization, and Cataclysm.
- It is the second superpower, following Cataclysm, to be activated with the Miraculous itself.
- This power is similar to Replay's, having time-altering ability utilizing using a wrist band.
- Similar to its user, due to worldwide broadcasting issues, the power debuted before the canonical introduction.
- Unlike most Miraculous superpowers that give the wearers five minutes before they transform back after they're used once, this is the first power that can be used multiple times before the wearer detransforms as a result of its time-based powers.
- This Miraculous superpower takes the record for the most number of times it's been used in a single episode with a total of at least 25,917 times in "Desperada".
- As of "Miracle Queen", Second Chance is one of the few powers that can be activated without a voice command.
- Adrien seems to have become better at using Second Chance in battle, only using it twice in "Miracle Queen" instead of the 25,913 times in "Desperada".