|This article is about the Season 1 episode. You may be looking for the character or the Season 3 episode.|
|“||Nobody has ever noticed me but those days are over cause from now on everyone will notice me because everyone will look like me. Time to get a new look!||”|
"Reflekta" is a Season 1 episode of the series, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. As based on the series' production order specifically, "Reflekta" is the 21st written and produced episode of Season 1. It is also the 21st written and produced episode of the series, overall.
A picture-day curse takes a sinister turn when Juleka is excluded from a class picture and transforms into Reflekta, a villain who wants to turn everybody into a reflection of herself.
Ms. Mendeleiev's class is taking a class photograph in the courtyard of Collège Françoise Dupont. Waiting on the steps in the courtyard is Miss Bustier's class. Marinette is freaking out about how she's going to be in the picture with Adrien, since they're all in the same class. Standing behind them are Rose and Juleka, overhearing Marinette's conversation with Alya.
Juleka doubts that she will be in the photograph, given her history of things going wrong in photos. Rose tells Juleka that she isn't cursed, but Juleka doubts it. Ever since Juleka was a little girl, whenever someone tried to take a picture of her, something would get in the way. Rose and Marinette reassure her that this year will be different and that she will definitely be seen.
Finished with Ms. Mendeleiev's class, Vincent begins adjusting his set for Miss Bustier's class using two rows of benches. Vincent makes the shorter people sit on the bench in front, those being Max, Alix, Rose, Marinette, and Mylène. For the back row, he picks Nathaniel, Alya, Sabrina, and Chloé to stand on benches. Chloé protests, stating that she must stand next to Adrien since they're the same height, using her hand to emphasize that their foreheads are at the same level. But he disagrees, prompting Chloé to bring up her father as a threat. Since Vincent has no idea who her father is, he shoots her down and waves her off, threatening to make her sit in the front row.
The rest of the students file in between the two rows, at least, all except for one. Marinette spots Juleka staying on the steps and makes Vincent halt in order to include her. He apologizes and tells Juleka that she can stand between Nino and Adrien. When she takes her place, Marinette comments that Juleka will be in the center of the photo, completely visible, and she'll destroy her "curse."
Vincent is about to take the picture but groans, finding he isn’t satisfied with the seating arrangement. He starts moving Ivan around, prompting Mr. Damocles to ask what is wrong. Chloé states that she is in the wrong spot, even after hearing him say that Ivan is throwing off the picture's harmony. She then goes as far as to try to push Juleka out of the way. Both Miss Bustier and Adrien scold her, and Vincent continues moving students around. Chloé continues her protests, saying that she is too far away from Adrien, but she is shot down again by Mr. Damocles.
Right as Vincent clicks the shutter button on his camera, the battery flashes, dead. He leaves to go get a new battery, telling the students to stay in their places. Meanwhile, Juleka asks Miss Bustier if she can use the bathroom, receiving permission. Chloé tells Sabrina to make sure Juleka doesn't come back. Sabrina runs off to the bathroom, grabs a nearby chair, and props it under the door handle of the stall Juleka's in, trapping her inside. Sabrina returns just as the photographer puts a new battery in the camera.
Chloé jumps down from the bench and stands next to Adrien, swinging an arm around him. Both Adrien and Marinette question Chloé about what she's doing there, but Vincent gets the class's attention again. Before Marinette can stop him, he takes the picture, the eyes of the students all on Chloé, except for Marinette, who is holding out an arm to stop the camera, and Adrien, whose face is directed at the camera lens by Chloé's hand.
Vincent thanks them for their time, stating that the photo is perfect, to which Marinette protests that they need to take it again and tells Mr. Damocles about Juleka, whom he does not appear to realize is anyone, let alone a student at his school. When Marinette describes her, the rest of the class realizes she is missing and wonders where she is. Adrien states that she went to the bathroom. Seeing that if they manage to get Juleka back, she would lose her spot in the picture, Chloé redirects Mr. Damocles into thinking about lunch and the other classes left to photograph, resulting in Mr. Damocles refusing to retake the picture.
During the lunch break, Rose searches for Juleka, finding her trapped in the bathroom. Freed, the first thing Juleka asks about is the photo. Rose mentions that she missed it, but it was Chloé's fault. Juleka says that she was foolish to believe that she could ever be in a decent photograph, lamenting that she is invisible and that no one ever listens to her. Rose protests, but Juleka runs out of the school to the Place des Vosges, sits on a bench and starts crying. Hawk Moth senses Juleka's sadness, and sends an akuma after her.
At Collège Françoise Dupont, Rose explains to Marinette and Alya what happened. Marinette stands up, coming up with the idea to delete the picture so that Vincent will be forced to take another picture with Juleka in it. Sabrina and Chloé stand off to the side, overhearing their plan and vowing that Marinette will not get away with it.
Back at the Place des Vosges, the Akuma possesses Juleka's wrist mirror. Hawk Moth greets her as Reflekta, telling her that he'll make it so she'll be the only one that people see and will never be ignored again so long as she helps him in return. Juleka agrees and is akumatized.
Meanwhile, Marinette sneaks inside Mr. Damocles's office to delete the photo, but Sabrina and Chloé are searching for her. Reflekta goes back inside the school and starts turning everyone into physically identical copies of herself, including poor Rose. Adrien quickly transforms himself into Cat Noir so he can stop Reflekta. Narrowly avoiding Reflekta's beam, he traps her in a basketball hoop. Cat Noir is about to use his Cataclysm on some lockers that are blocking the school's entrance. Before he can touch the lockers, Reflekta changes him into her mirror image, which also leads to Cat Noir losing his Miraculous.
At the same time, Marinette gets herself caught on purpose by Sabrina and Chloé. When Chloé shows her the video of her breaking into the office, Marinette gives her an ultimatum: give her Chloé's phone so she can delete the video or she'll erase the class photo instead. Knowing she’ll lose the picture of her and Adrien together, Chloé gives Marinette her phone. However, once the phone is in Marinette’s hands, Sabrina takes out the camera's memory card. Marinette then gives Chloé another ultimatum: give her the card or she'll keep her phone. Suddenly they hear Reflekta's voice calling Chloé's name, and Marinette grabs the card from her running off to hide.
When Chloé steps out of the office after Sabrina runs to get Marinette, Reflekta finds her and turns her into Reflekta's mirror image. Marinette sees everything and runs to hide in the library, transforming into Ladybug. Ladybug realizes that Reflekta is Juleka, and she jumps in-between Chloé and Reflekta. Ladybug then flees when Reflekta is about to zap her into her mirror image. Cat Noir watches them and begins gathering up the transformed students so they can help stop Reflekta.
Ladybug soon realizes that using her yo-yo is useless against the akumatized villain. However, before Reflekta can get Ladybug's earrings, Cat Noir and the transformed students surround them. They're about to get Reflekta, but she escapes and runs off to turn more people into her mirror image. Cat Noir takes Ladybug away from the group to talk in private. While Ladybug makes fun of his looks, Cat Noir tells her that attacking Reflekta from the front isn't the best solution, unless Ladybug changes her look, which gives Ladybug an idea. Using her yo-yo, both she and Cat Noir head to the TVi studio.
While Reflekta turns many citizens of Paris into her mirror image, Ladybug is at the TVi studio, broadcasting to everyone that they need to wear a costume so she could tell which is the real Reflekta in order to stop her. While this is happening, Reflekta corners the Mayor in his office and tells him that Ladybug is not coming to save him. Now knowing where Ladybug is, Reflekta heads for the TV studio. As "Reflekta" walks into the studio recording room, Ladybug uses her yo-yo and ties "her" up. Cat Noir quickly takes off "her" wrist mirror and tosses it to Ladybug so she can get the Akuma. After she smashes it, they find the Akuma isn't in it. Both Cat Noir and Ladybug then realize that they have been tricked and learn the imposter Reflekta is actually the Mayor.
The real Reflekta shows up and is about to zap Ladybug, but Cat Noir shields her taking the attack. The ray doesn’t affect him since he’s already been changed. Ladybug summons her Lucky Charm, and a camera appears. Ladybug tells Cat Noir to turn off the lights, and she uses the camera's flashes to temporarily blind Reflekta in order to evade her blasts. She manages to grab Reflekta's wrist mirror and breaks it, revealing the Akuma. Ladybug catches the Akuma and purifies it. She then tosses the camera into the air and cleanses the city, returning everyone, including Juleka and Cat Noir, back to normal.
As Marinette goes back to Collège Françoise Dupont, she tells Tikki that she has another idea to end Juleka's "curse". After returning Chloé's phone to her, as well as the memory card to Vincent, Marinette explains to him about Juleka not being in the picture earlier and suggests taking another picture with her in it.
When school's over, he once again takes the class picture, this time at the park. Chloé and Sabrina decide not to be in a "ridiculous" photo again, and Juleka thanks Marinette for ending her photo "curse", because she appeared in the center of every picture Vincent takes of her.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Hawk Moth
- Juleka Couffaine/Reflekta
- Chloé Bourgeois
- Rose Lavillant
- Ms. Mendeleiev (background)
- Mireille Caquet (background)
- Aurore Beauréal (background)
- Lê Chiến Kim
- Max Kanté (background)
- Nino Lahiffe
- Alya Césaire
- Ivan Bruel
- Mylène Haprèle
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg (background)
- Sabrina Raincomprix
- Mr. Damocles
- Caline Bustier
- Alix Kubdel (background)
- Roger Raincomprix (background)
- André Bourgeois
- Jean Duparc (background)
- Internationally, this episode first premiered in France.
- This episode was the nineteenth to air in France.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Aurore and Mireille are in the same class.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Juleka hates cats.
- The curse that is mentioned has been prominent before this episode aired; Juleka's face is blocked by Nino's hand in the title sequence.
- When Chloé records Marinette entering Mr. Damocles' office, Tikki isn't seen in the video. This further proves Plagg's point in "The Collector" when he states kwamis cannot be filmed or photographed.
- During one of the final pictures, Adrien, Nino, Kim, and Juleka make a pose, referencing the Charlie's Angels franchise.
- It is revealed that Chloé, Sabrina, Nathaniel, Rose, Juleka, Max, Kim, Marinette, and three extras were all in Miss Bustier's class the previous year. The characters' attire and hairstyles are also different:
- Marinette wears her hair in a bun. Instead of pink, her pants are blue.
- Sabrina's outfit is green instead of purple and teal. Her headband is also green instead of white.
- Nathaniel's shirt is blue.
- Rose's hair is longer.
- Max's hair is round and circular and his shirt is blue with green edges.
- Kim wears the same style of hoodie that he normally wears, but the majority of it is yellow with the sleeves being red.
- Miss Bustier's outfit is lime green.
- Interestingly, Chloé's, Juleka's and Mr. Damocles's outfits do not change.
- This is the first time we see that if a Miraculous holder gets struck by an akumatized villain while attempting to summon their powers, said powers will be cancelled out or nullified, which is followed by "Sandboy" and "Malediktator".
- Chloe calls her classmates "Rugrats", referencing the 1991 Nickelodeon cartoon series centered around babies being followed by Cat Noir in "Gigantitan".
- Strange enough Juleka didn't need Hawk Moth to give her powers when all she really needed confidence training to be seen and heard.
- When Reflekta is spinning on the bench at the Place des Vosges, her leg phases through the bench.
- Max is in the background next to Kim when Reflekta first enters the school. However, only Max's hair can be seen floating away, the rest of him is invisible.
- As Nino opens a door to announce Cat Noir's appearance, his hair on the sides of his head is almost the same color as his head.
- When Reflekta discovers Cat Noir and attempts to use her powers on him, her mirror is on her left hand, as opposed to being on her right hand.
- When the camera zooms out from Reflekta when she asks where Chloé is, the two basketball net rings can be seen attached to the backboards, despite Cat Noir having torn one off earlier to bind Reflekta while he was unlocking the door.
- When Reflekta confronts Chloé, a door can be seen behind them. When Chloé runs away, the door is replaced by a wall.
- When Ladybug spun her yo-yo and said, "Thanks but I prefer the one I’ve got," her hair can be seen and not transparent through the yo-yo. In the next scene, her hair can be seen through the yo-yo.
- In "Stormy Weather", Ladybug states she can't see in the dark, because she does not have night vision. However, in this episode, she seems to see in the dark quite fine.
- When Cat Noir leads a revolt with the other Reflekta copies Nino's voice can be heard even though he was never actually shot with a beam from Reflekta.
- When Mayor Bourgeois is returned by the Miraculous Ladybug (superpower), his hair is black.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named