|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from an episode(s) that has not aired in the US yet.
|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
|“||Uh, actually, I wasn't even thinking of Queen Bee. I was thinking of a much more original character: Queen... uh... Queen Banana!||”|
—Chloé Bourgeois, "Queen Banana"
The episode starts with Marinette in her room making capes for the superhero of creation and the supervillain of destruction. Xuppu then asks Marinette if they are for Ladybug and Cat Noir with Marinette replying that they are for a movie they are doing. Orikko asks Marinette if she will be famous but Marinette says no as she is the costume designer but they will be on the news. Then she realizes she is going to be late and runs off.
The scene cuts to Nadia Chamack and Clara Contard reporting on the movie in the Art classroom. Students in Miss Bustier's class are working on props and the script for the movie. Zoé then practices some of her lines. Chloé sees this on television and throws a banana peel at the screen. She gets angry, but Sabrina offers her a banana. She peels the banana, then storms off to meet the crew. In the classroom, Mylène and Zoe are continuing to practice as Chloé bursts in and yells at Zoé. Chloé demands if the film makes her sister the star then it should be her that gets role and threatens Zoé that she will send her back to New York. Marinette stands up for Zoé, which makes Chloé more angrier and she storms off with her dad, promising that he will have everything prepared for the film.
When film's cast and crew go to Bob Roth's office, they are shocked to see Chloé sitting in Bob's chair. Marinette begins to question her but Bob Roth explains that Chloé will be taking the part in the film as the major role. Marinette tries to have it work out but Chloé threatens her to have her sister go back to New York which makes Marinette even more angry, but Zoé has her calm down, stating that it isn't a big deal that she can have another role that is off-screen. Chloé seems pleased with herself and Bob Roth kicks them out of his office, leaving Marinette frustrated over how Chloé is taking the film in her own hands.
The next day, the class starts preparing to film. Behind the scenes, André reminisces of a film that he did in his early days of directing, but Chloé asks him to be quiet since he was irritating her, and complains about Marinette's costume designing, but Marinette herself responds back with a snarky comment. When they are about to film, Nino asks Chloé to come on the scene, but she refuses since she despises the film's script. She demands to play the main character, and has the script changed multiple times, bringing nothing but misery and annoyance among her crew mates. This includes changing her role to be the heroine, Queen Banana, adding a banana-themed vehicle, saving Adrien, and getting a giant yellow gorilla that throws exploding bananas as the main antagonist. Chloé is once more upset when the class can only get a prop gorilla instead of a real one, which doesn't exist. Fed up with the complaints, Chloé heads home early and expects the class have the entire script fixed tomorrow. Marinette refuses to let Chloé take advantage of their film, and with a motivating speech, she persuades the class to film the movie with their original script.
The next morning, Chloé arrives in the park, but no one was there. The clean-up crew states that the class had already finished filming the entire movie yesterday evening and is currently screening the final product in the movie theater. Chloé quickly rushes to the theater and finds the class had already finished filming without her. The film stars Zoé as the main heroine and Mylène as the heroine's sister and main antagonist. The two characters face off in a sword fight, while everyone is in an enchanted slumber. Zoè manages to defeat Mylène and claims to still love her, despite her sister hating her. Despite everyone adoring the completed short film, Chloé is furious with everyone, including Gabriel Agreste, who approved of the original film instead of her visual. She then storms out of the theater, incredibly upset.
Little did they know, it was all part of Gabriel's plan to make Chloé upset in order to akumatize her. Gabriel then transforms into Shadow Moth and sends off an akuma and amok. Meanwhile, Chloé is leaving the building, when Adrien catches up with her and asks her to apologize to the class. Chloé vehemently refuses, and when Adrien attempts to continue reasoning with her, she ends her long-lasting friendship with him. Chloé becomes even angrier and returns to her vehicle sobbing. The akuma and amok enter through a small opening in the car window, akumatizing and amokizing her. Shadow Moth transforms Chloé into Queen Banana in exchange for Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous. A sentimonster is also created: a giant yellow gorilla that throws exploding bananas. Several people are turned into bananas thanks to Queen Banana's rampage; Adrien escapes and Marinette also flees, but alongside Zoé. Marinette advices Zoé to stay put on the stairway while she leaves to transform into Ladybug.
Queen Banana and her sentimonster, Banana Boom-Boom, continue to rampage throughout Paris, turning everyone into bananas and hunting down Zoé. Cat Noir arrives first and manages to hold off the enemies until Ladybug arrives. The pair return to fight and fend off oncoming bananas. Ladybug then uses her Lucky Charm and summons a motorcycle with very few gear in its trunk, including two helmets and a squirt bottle of glue. Zoé steps out of hiding to speak to her sister, causing Ladybug to realize she needs her to pull off her plan. Queen Banana is about to turn Zoé into a banana, when Ladybug rescues her in time and the pair escape while Cat Noir fends them off. He uses his Cataclysm to attack Queen Banana, but it hits Banana Boom-Boom instead. The now infuriated sentimonster chases Cat Noir while Queen Banana follows Ladybug and Zoé. They managed to take cover in a subway station while Queen Banana waits outside. Ladybug lends the Bee Miraculous to Zoé, who uses it to transform into the superheroine Vesperia. Ladybug leaves the station and distracts Queen Banana while Vesperia helps Cat Noir defeat Banana Boom-Boom by immobilizing it with Venom. The two introduce themselves to each other and quickly recharged their Kwamis before returning to the fight.
Meanwhile, Ladybug is chased down by Queen Banana until the enemy causes her to trip. Cat Noir arrives in time to uses his Cataclysm to destroy her vehicle. Queen Banana threatens to shoot Ladybug unless he hands over their Miraculous. This is only short lived as Vesperia arrives on the scene, which leaves Queen Banana furious learning that there is a new Bee Miraculous holder. Vesperia taunts Queen Banana while Ladybug squeezes the glue from her Lucky Charm into Queen Banana's pocket. Queen Banana turns Vesperia into a banana and places her weapon into her pocket, only to find it stuck to the glue. Helpless, Queen Banana tries to run away, but Ladybug uses her yo-yo to trip her and Cat Noir snatches her akumatized and amokized hair clip for Ladybug to destroy. She then uses her yo-yo to purify the butterfly and feather, releases them, and uses Miraculous Ladybug to fix all the damage. Chloé returns to normal, but she is still angered with Ladybug and Vesperia. Ladybug advices Chloé to learn to control her anger and uses her yo-yo to create a Magical Charm. Chloé quickly denies Ladybug's help and runs off. Shadow Moth still senses Chloé's infinite anger and summons another akuma to go after her again. With no way of convincing Chloé to take the Magical Charm, Zoé has a plan.
Back at the theater, Chloé demands for a reshoot. Zoé steps in, and when Chloé attempts to threaten her again, she claims she's had enough playing the supporting role for the good of their family. Chloé screams at her father to hurt her sister but he confidently refuses. Knowing Chloé still despises her, Zoé tells her that she will always love her, reminiscent of the film. She gives Chloé the Magical Charm, claiming it to be a necklace from their mother. Chloé takes the charm and puts it on, preventing the akuma from reaching her and leaving Shadow Moth in shock. Chloé then storms out of the theater, promising to get her revenge on Zoé someday. Marinette is proud of Zoé's quick thinking and hopes Chloé can learn to become a better person someday.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Zoé Lee/Vesperia
- Gabriel Agreste/Shadow Moth
- Chloé Bourgeois/Queen Banana (Queen Bee mentioned/silhouette shown)
- Banana Boom-Boom
- Trixx (background)
- Fluff (background)
- Ziggy (background)
- Sass (background)
- Alya Césaire
- Nino Lahiffe
- Sabrina Raincomprix
- Mylène Haprèle
- Thomas Astruc
- Juleka Couffaine
- Rose Lavillant
- Lê Chiến Kim
- Max Kanté
- Alix Kubdel
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg
- Jean-Pierre Monlataing
- Bob Roth
- André Bourgeois
- Nadja Chamack
- Clara Contard
- Audrey Bourgeois (mentioned)
- Queen Banana is yet another supervillain that Shadow Moth technically doesn't name himself. The name and everything that the titular villain has, including the sentimonster, belonged to Chloé's personal fantasy vision of what the movie should've been.
- This episode is the second of season 4 to have its title revealed to the public, with the reveal being done by Mundo Gloob on August 9th, 2020.
- This is the seventh time Chloé gets akumatized, following "Antibug", "Queen Wasp", "Mayura", "Miracle Queen" and two off-screen akumizations such as Antibug, as seen in "Mr. Pigeon 72".
- However, unlike her previous akumatizations, Chloé doesn't get akumatized into Antibug, Queen Wasp or Miracle Queen, but instead into a new villain, Queen Banana.
- According to Clara Contard, the movie was produced over "vacation", but it's unclear which school holiday the episode takes place in.
- It's revealed that Thomas Astruc is an alumni of Collège Françoise Dupont.
- It's revealed how Magical Charms work. When their user wears it, it prevents akumas from getting close to any object on the akuma target's body by generating a shield. But according to Ladybug, she can't force the receiver to wear the charm, they're going to have to want it.
- This is the first time Chloé's akumatized villain identity doesn't have a Miraculous involved in any way, as in "Antibug", she wears a replica of the Ladybug Miraculous.
- This is the first episode where Orikko has a speaking role.
- This is the first episode where an akumatized villain requests specific powers from Hawk Moth/Shadow Moth, in this case wanting "a giant gorilla who throws exploding bananas", which she wanted for her version of the film.
- This is the first time that a temporary Miraculous holder is forced to recharge after using their power during a battle.
- However, it's currently unknown what Zoé fed Pollen.
- This is one of the few times where Cat Noir misses his target with his powers.
- This is the third time a sentimonster was hit by Cataclysm, after "Reflekdoll" and "Truth".
- As Ladybug, Marinette knows how to drive a scooter.
- She might know how to ride one thanks to her grandmother.
- It's also understandable as to why the kwamis had been waiting a very long time for an owner because in the case with Chloé it implies that previous owners may harbor jealousy to the new one or they have a hard time of letting go of superpowers that once belonged to them, especially disgraced superheroes.
- It is shown that Chloé still harbors hatred towards Ladybug, especially now that she has lent the Bee Miraculous to another superhero.
- This shows one of the few times an akumatized villain retains their memories of the time they were akumatized, as Chloé still had knowledge of Vesperia when she confronted her after being turned to normal.
- Chloé is the first shown akumatized villain to refuse one of Ladybug's Magical Charms. However, she soon accepts it after being tricked by Zoé to take it.
- This shows one of the few times Hawk Moth/Shadow Moth is not able to akumatize someone he has targeted.
- This is the sixth time where an deakumatized person is still angry followed by "Volpina", "Catalyst", "Mayura", "Chameleon", and "Miracle Queen".
- Zoé is aware of her sister's actions as Queen Bee and yet it's unknown if she knew about Chloé's actions as Miracle Queen.
- However, it is likely that, with the exception of Ladybug, Cat Noir, Hawk Moth, Mayura, the kwamis of the Miracle Box, and Chloé herself, no one in Paris (and outside of it) is aware of Chloé's betrayal, and the exact reason for her expulsion from the team, due to Miracle Queen's mind controlling powers, and Master Fu's memory loss.
- Adrien reminds Chloé of their deal back in "Despair Bear" and with that she renounces her friendship with him.
- Just like "Gorizilla" and "Sole Crusher", the titular villain or sentimonster rips the ceiling off and to take someone hostage.
- This is the twelveth time where the heroes appeal to reason with an akumatized villain following "Sole Crusher", "Gang of Secrets", "Christmaster", Weredad, "Frightningale", "Riposte", "Robostus", "Volpina", "The Mime", "Rogercop" and "Stormy Weather".
- This is the ninth time Cat Noir attempted to use his powers on someone else as of his own free will following "Troublemaker", "Malediktator", "Miraculous Shanghai", "Ladybug", "Miraculous New York", "Furious Fu" and "Sole Crusher".
- Albeit like in "Miraculous New York", it was the result of an accident because he missed his target.
- Similar to Hawk Moth, Chloé tried to blame her sister for her problems but everything that happened was her own doing as she let her temper and jealously go out of control and didn't bother to take responsibility for what she did.
- This is one of the few times an akumatized villain remembers the experience they had when they were akumatized, following "The Collector", "Catalyst", "Mayura", "Chameleon", "Ladybug", and "Miracle Queen".
- This is the fourth time where the heroes used their ear communicators following "The Dark Owl", "Gamer 2.0", and "Lies".
- One of the few times where Ladybug doesn't catch her Lucky Charm after it's summoned.
- This is the eleventh time when the Lucky Charm comes in multiple pieces following "The Pharaoh", "Antibug", "Gorizilla", "Syren", "Troublemaker", "Anansi", "Christmaster", "Miracle Queen", "Miraculous New York", and "Lies".
- Similar to Akumatization, Amokization, Cataclysm and Liberation, the effects of Venom remain even after the user detransforms.
- This is one of the several times Marinette transforms on screen while Adrien does so off screen.
- This episode reveals that the art teacher's name is Jean-Pierre Monlataing.
- The scene where Ladybug catches Zoé on her scooter is a reference to the anime film "Akira".
- The scene where Vesperia jumps onto the rooftops is reused animation from "Sapotis".
- Right before Queen Banana is defeated, Cat Noir says "You counted your bananas before they were peeled", which is a reference to the saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch".
- Just like in "Malediktator", Marinette hoped that the Magical Charm and having Zoé as her sister would turn her into a better person.
- This is first time Chloe is seen with her hair down.
- This is one of the several episodes where the summoning sequence for Cataclysm isn't shown and where Cat Noir uses his powers more than once.
- The name for Chloe's sentimonster is a reference to the name of one of Jorgen Von Strangle's family members from the television show "The Fairly Oddparents" Nana Boom Boom.
- The sentimonster being able to throw exploding bananas is also similar to the attack of the Gorilla Wildzord from "Power Rangers Wild Force".
- This is the second time where Hawk Moth's akumatizing scene is done differently following "Sapotis".
- When Marinette says the costumes were for the "Superhero of Creation" and "Supervillain of Destruction" and Xuppu asks if they are for Cat Noir and Ladybug it references the events of "Cat Blanc" and what happened between Chloe and Zoe.
- As Chloe was talking Queen Bee; Marinette retorts that Chloe was more of a "super disaster" than hero referencing her actions in "Queen Wasp" and "Battle of the Miraculous".
- When pulling Cat Noir out of the way of Banana Boom Boom's bananas, Ladybug pulled a spin out and catch dance move.
- When Chloe asked Marinette "What does she know about superheroes?" unknown to her that Marinette is the heroine she formerly admired.
- Chloe mentions "that the greatest of movies have giant apes in them", she likely references to the most famous movie ape "King Kong".
- At the start of Zoé's transformation into Vesperia, the Bee Miraculous' texture is glitched for a few frames.
- When Vesperia activates her power, her spinning top has its colors (yellow and black) inverted, with it becoming just like when in possession of Queen Bee.
- Rose was both outside and inside of Chloé's make-up room in the scene where Chloé wanted to be the "hero" role.
- Before Marinette enters the room while they were reporting about the movie you could see her leg behind the statue by the door.
- During the de-evilization process, Ladybug gains a third ribbon.
Click here to view the gallery.