|“||I won't disappoint you this time, Ladybug!||”|
"Queen's Battle" is a trilogy special in Season 2 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. It premiered on December 14, 2018, on Netflix. The special revolves around the Bourgeois Family and Audrey Bourgeois' visit to Paris.
It's Fashion Week and all of Paris has a rendezvous at Gabriel Agreste's fashion show, during which Adrien will wear a hat created by Marinette. For the occasion, Audrey Bourgeois, Chloé's mom and the international queen of fashion, is passing through the capital. But, manipulated by Gabriel/Hawk Moth, Audrey gets akumatized and becomes Style Queen, the most chic villain of all!
Armed with her scepter, she transforms people into statues of glitter and plans to do everything in her power to prevent Gabriel's show from taking place, starting by attacking Adrien.
Will Ladybug manage to stop Style Queen and recover the Miraculous before it falls into the wrong hands?
The episodes, in order, are:
- The French title of this trilogy is "Le Combat des Reines", which means "The Queens' Fight".
- Despite the special originally being promoted as a trilogy with "Malediktator", some broadcasters proclaim the special as a two-parter, consisting of only "Style Queen" and "Queen Wasp", with "Malediktator" as a standalone episode.
- This is due to "Queen Wasp" taking place directly after "Style Queen" story-wise, whereas the plot for "Malediktator" is self-contained enough that it can be viewed independently.
- However, "Malediktator" is confirmed to be part of the trilogy, and takes place sometime after "Queen Wasp" in series continuity, given all three episodes and their storylines revolve around the Bourgeois Family and Audrey Bourgeois' visit to Paris.
- Each member of the Bourgeois family is akumatized in each episode of the trilogy - Audrey Bourgeois gets akumatized in "Style Queen", Chloé Bourgeois gets akumatized once again in "Queen Wasp", and André Bourgeois gets akumatized in "Malediktator".
- The first part of the special, "Style Queen", doesn't include an end card.
- The episodes didn't release in order on US Netflix.
- The events of this trilogy are implied to be after "Troublemaker", as Adrien had offered Marinette to go a photoshot wih him.