|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers that have not yet appeared in any episodes anywhere worldwide.
|This article is about the special TV movie. You may be looking for the city or another Miraculous.|
"Miraculous World: Shanghai – Lady Dragon" (or simply "Miraculous Shanghai") is an upcoming 52-minute special TV movie of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. According to Jeremy Zag, a new hero will join Ladybug and Cat Noir in this episode.
To join Adrien in Shanghai, Marinette is going to visit her uncle Wang who is celebrating his anniversary. But, as soon as she arrives in China, her purse gets stolen with Tikki inside, whom she needs to secretly transform into Ladybug! Without money and alone in the immense city, Marinette accepts the help of a young and resourceful girl, Fei. The two girls will ally and discover the existence of a new magical jewel, the Prodigious. Hawk Moth, also present in Shanghai, seeks to finding it since a long time...
On October 7, 2017, a crew member of the show mentioned that the special had been moved from Season 2 to one of the following seasons.
On May 29, 2019, Jeremy Zag revealed background concept art of Shanghai, although he didn't specifically reveal that the Shanghai concept art is for the upcoming promotional poster for this special. The caption of his post read: "New city. New Magical Object. New Hero. #zagheroez #ladydragon".
On March 1, 2020, it was confirmed the special is currently in production. SAMG is involved in the special's production.
On May 5, 2020, Jeremy Zag revealed that the production of special has started.
On June 15, 2020, Jeremy Zag revealed a new superhero, named Lady Dragon, who will appear in this special.
On June 17, 2020, Jeremy Zag posted on his Instagram an official promotional poster for this special.
On July 1, 2020 during TFOU conference synopsis for special was revealed.
On July 6, 2020 French news La Libre announced that TF1 will air New York and Shanghai specials at Christmas 2020.
On July 31, 2020 Jeremy Zag posted on Instagram drawing of "kwami cousins" named renlings.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Marinette's maternal grandmother
- Fei/Lady Dragon
- Wang Cheng
- Hawk Moth
- The episode was known as "Ladybug in Shanghai" when Jeremy Zag first announced the special. Its previous name, "The Chinese Legend", was revealed at the Miraculous Ladybug panel at SDCC 2016.
- Current title is "Miraculous Shanghai".
- During a Miraculous Ladybug Panel at Anime Expo 2016, it was revealed that one of the upcoming specials would be in 2D rather than the usual CGI style. This was later revealed to be "The Chinese Legend", since, if greenlit, the special would be too expensive to make in 3D.
- It is currently unknown if this is still the case as months later, the official Miraculous Ladybug Tumblr blog responded to a question that all of the specials would be CGI, which would include this special.
- Jeremy Zag revealed that Marinette will meet her maternal grandmother in this episode.
- This is one of the few times Marinette and Tikki are separated.
- This special reveals that kwamis have "cousins" (creatures similar to them) named renlings (spelling not confirmed yet).
- According to Orion Ross, the special will play on one of Marinette's dualities: her Franco-Chinese origins, which may turn out to be very interesting.
Click here to view the gallery.