|This article is about the special TV movie. You may be looking for the city or another Miraculous.|
|“||Why don't you stay here? We can create a new generations of heroes together!||”|
—Eagle, "Miraculous New York"
"Miraculous World: New York – United HeroeZ" (or simply "Miraculous New York") is a 62-minute special TV movie of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. Its US premiere was on September 25, 2020 (at 8:00 p.m ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
Marinette's class is headed to New York, the city of superheroes, for French American Friendship Week, but the American superheroes may find themselves in need of help while there.
On July 25, 2016, Jeremy Zag, on Instagram, hinted at the possibility of a crossover special between Miraculous and two other ZAG Heroez shows that take place in New York City, Pixie Girl and Ghostforce.
On February 13, 2017, Jeremy revealed concept art for it and its title, noting that it is "coming soon." However, later information from the official Miraculous Twitter account states that the crossover may not involve Ghostforce.
On October 19, 2019, ON Animation Studios and Method Animation announced that they were looking for crew members to help create storyboards for the latest special episode. It was added at the time that it would be a new 52-minute episode set in New York City and titled "Miraculous New York".
One day later, on March 21, Thomas Astruc posted on his Twitter a few seconds of animation with a new character that will appear in Miraculous New York special. Feri González confirmed it to be Sparrow, one of New York's superheroes.
On March 22, 2020, Thomas Astruc posted part of a model of a new female character and added that she is his favorite future character. It was unknown where or when she would appear until Wilfried Pain confirmed that she would be in this episode.
On June 15, 2020 Jeremy Zag revealed a poster for this special with information that it will be released in 2020. On the same day, Disney France announced that the episode was scheduled to air between September 1 and October 2, 2020. The synopsis for the episode was also revealed.
On July 6, 2020 French news La Libre announced that TF1 will air both the New York and Shanghai specials during Christmas 2020.
On July 23, 2020, it was announced that Disney France will air NY special on September 26, 2020.
On August 7, 2020, Mundo Gloob announced that on Miraculous Day actors will read a part of the script from the NY special.
On August 8, 2020, during Brazilian Miraculous Day, voice actors read a scene from this special: the scene where Cat Noir tries to give Ladybug a yellow rose. He explains that Ladybug refused the red rose because it symbolized love, while white represents purity. This time she needs to accept the yellow rose because it represents friendship, and Cat Noir proposes a toast for their friendship.
On September 6, 2020, Disney Channel France released the first promo for the special, using clips from season 3.
On September 11, 2020, Disney Channel France released the second promo video for the special, also with clips from season 3.
On September 12, 2020, spoilers from the NY special were revealed by Lévanah SOLOMON's Family YouTube Channel.
On September 16, 2020, Disney Channel France released the third promo video for the special, now with spoilers. On the same day, the Miraculous conference/masterclass was held with the participation of the creator of the show, Thomas Astruc, and the main screenwriter, Sébastien Thibaudeau to promote the NY special.
On September 17, 2020, Disney Channel France released the fourth promo video for the special.
On September 18, 2020, Disney Channel France released the fifth promo video for the NY special.
On September 19, 2020, Disney Channel US released a teaser trailer for the NY special.
On September 20, 2020, Disney Channel US released a trailer for the Frozen Apple Special event, which included a marathon of Miraculous episodes, the New York special and the Disney feature film Frozen.
On September 21, 2020, the official Miraculous Youtube Channel released the official trailer for New York special.
The episode begins as Ladybug and Cat Noir are battling Mr. Pigeon for the fifty-first time, the villain and all of his pigeons carrying the Eiffel Tower up into the sky with the intention of taking over the moon, "where no one can hear them coo." Ladybug and Cat Noir use their space power up to chase after him. Alya Césaire is documenting the battle from the ground, dubbing the heroes Cosmo Bug and Astro Cat in their space forms.
After the villain is deakumatized in the office at the top of the Eiffel Tower, Cat Noir gives Ladybug a yellow rose which symbolizes friendship. She at first rejects it and then assures Cat Noir that he doesn't have to give her flowers because he is the best partner ever.
To celebrate the friendship between France and the United States, Marinette's class is traveling to New York City. Unfortunately, Caline Bustier would not be able to go, as she has just learned that she is pregnant. While everyone is happy for her, the students immediately become upset when they find out that Ms. Mendeleiev would be chaperoning instead. The students don’t hesitate to complain about how much they don’t like her, which Ms. Mendeleiev overhears. Everyone is excited for the trip. However, Adrien is sure that his father will refuse to let him go. Determined not to let Adrien stay alone in Paris with Lila Rossi, Marinette declares her intention to speak to Adrien's father and convince him to let Adrien go.
When Marinette comes to speak with him about letting Adrien go on the trip to New York, he doesn’t hesitate to permit Adrien to go. Since Gabriel is also going to New York to take the Eagle Miraculous, he won’t have to worry about explaining his absence, and he’ll be able to keep an eye on Adrien.
In anticipation of her departure, Ladybug asks Cat Noir to watch over Paris but does not specify the reasons for her absence. She gives Cat Noir a device that can signal her to come home immediately if there is trouble. He takes the mission very seriously.
After finding out that he can go on the trip, Adrien doesn’t know what to do; he wants to go with his friends, but Ladybug had placed her trust in him to watch over Paris. After some convincing from Plagg, Adrien ultimately decides to abandon Paris to accompany his friends.
When boarding the plane, Marinette is flabbergasted to find out that she will be sitting next to Adrien. Knowing that she won’t be able to emotionally handle sitting next to Adrien for several hours, she tries to get a new seat, but Ms. Mendeleiev refuses. After hearing that Miss Bustier would have agreed, Ms. Mendeleiev gives Marinette her own seat.
During the flight over while most of the passengers are asleep, Marinette and Adrien watch a sunset through a window, and Adrien thanks Marinette for convincing his father to let him come to New York. The plane is suddenly attacked by the American supervillain Techno Pirate, but they are rescued by American superheroes Majestia, Knightowl, Uncanny Valley, and Sparrow.
The plane safely lands in New York; the students take in the sights; and they attend a rooftop party, hosted by some students from Queens, after curfew and without the permission of Ms. Mendeleiev who earlier that evening had ordered a strict lights out. The next day, the French and American students visit a museum, covertly observed by Uncanny and Sparrow in their civilian identities of Aeon and Jess. Meanwhile, Hawk Moth akumatizes Techno Pirate as he is being taken to prison and sends the newly-dubbed Techlonizer to steal the Marquis de Lafayette's sword.
While Techlonizer is breaking into the museum, Adrien gets a news update on his phone, saying that Robostus is rampaging through Paris. Adrien wonders how it could be as Max had brought Markov to New York with them. Marinette immediately deduces that it had to be a sentimonster created by Mayura.
Uncanny, Sparrow, Ladybug, and Cat Noir attempt to subdue Techlonizer. Sparrow tries to call for backup, but Techlonizer damages her communicator. Sparrow doesn’t care for long, though, seeing this as a chance for her and Uncanny to prove themselves. Meanwhile, Hawk Moth's true plan has been a success: While the heroes were busy fighting Techlonizer, he was able to walk in and steal the Eagle Miraculous unopposed.
The heroes manage to get the upper hand, Cat Noir apologizes to Ladybug for not telling her that he was with her. Ladybug angrily decides to never trust him since he left Paris defenseless. Cat Noir becomes stunned by this word, while he's been distracted, Technolizer grabs Cat Noir and throws him and Cat Noir accidentally destroys Uncanny with an errant Cataclysm. Majestia finds out and yells a giant "NOOOOOOOOO" while flying down from the stratosphere and then punches Techlonizer, making him smash through several buildings.
Majestia then cries over her dead daughter. Ladybug uses her magic Ladybugs to revive her, but an angered Knightowl suspends Sparrow for disobeying protocol and demands the French heroes surrender their Miraculouses. The two flee into the sewers, where Ladybug breaks down sobbing upon knowing that they had taken too long to deal with the sentimonster: Paris had been wrecked; and since Mayura had already destroyed the sentimonster, she couldn't fix the damage. A broken Cat Noir, feeling guilty for all the mistakes he had made and letting Ladybug down, renounces the Cat Miraculous as penance for his failures, leaving Ladybug crestfallen and alone.
After deakumatizing and picking up Techno Pirate and returning to his hotel room, Gabriel tests the pendant, and to his satisfaction, it is, in fact, the Miraculous of the Eagle.
Majestia and Knightowl, in their civilian forms, bring Aeon and Jess back to the hotel and scold them for making mistakes earlier.
Hawk Moth again akumatizes Techno Pirate and gives him the Eagle Miraculous on top of that.
Meanwhile, the class spots Marinette and Adrien outside the hotel. A car pulls up, and inside, over video chat, is Gabriel Agreste, who tells Adrien to get in the car and that he should've never let him come to New York. Adrien tells Marinette that he would've liked to stay with a friend like her and then drives away. Alya asks Marinette if she is really fine with letting Adrien leave. Marinette tries to argue that Adrien made his choice, but Alya argues that Marinette's feelings are just as important. So Marinette runs after Adrien, crying for him to come back and, as she stumbles, tearfully confesses that she loves him.
In another part of the city, Techlonizer, now Miraclonizer, uses the Eagle's power of Liberation to free the American heroes from their ethical constraints, causing them to go berserk. With the heroes incapacitated, Miraclonizer uses his technopathy to project Hawk Moth's message across every screen in the city, telling Ladybug and Cat Noir to hand over their Miraculouses.
Uncanny, able to see through other people's identities, goes to recruit Ladybug and Cat Noir while Sparrow tries to contain the crisis. Uncanny finds and recruits Marinette, then goes to return the Cat Miraculous to Adrien. At first, Adrien is hesitant, but Uncanny plays back a recording of Marinette saying that she can't be Ladybug without him. Adrien becomes Cat Noir again and flies back to New York with Uncanny but notes that he had to get back before the plane lands.
Once Cat Noir and Uncanny rendezvous with Ladybug and Sparrow, they come up with a plan to manipulate Doorman into helping them infiltrate the Statue of Liberty, where Miraclonizer is waiting to launch a missile on Hawk Moth's order if Ladybug and Cat Noir don’t surrender.
They manage to get the Eagle Miraculous, and Sparrow, now Eagle, uses the power of the Eagle Miraculous to dispel the effects of Miraclonizer's use of Liberation. The villain manages to fire the missile, but it is stopped and destroyed by Majestia.
The four young heroes defeat and deakumatize Techno Pirate and restore everything to normal. Ladybug tells Eagle to keep the Eagle Miraculous, knowing that it's in good hands. Majestia and Knightowl congratulate their protégés and admit that they should give them more freedom to grow.
The French and American students enjoy the big festival and fireworks show on the final day of their trip, and back in Paris, the repair work has begun. Hawk Moth realizes there are more lost Miraculouses he can travel the world to claim.
After the French Heroes return home, Uncanny Valley and Eagle are about to ambush a group of criminals in an alleyway before a man — a Guardian with the Native American Miracle Box — appears and demands the Eagle Miraculous be returned. Eagle proposes that, instead, he should help start a new generation of heroes in New York. Though his answer remains unknown, the man seems genuinely intrigued by the idea.
- To view a complete list of all the staff and cast that worked on the special, go to Miraculous New York/Credits.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug/Cosmo Bug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir/Astro Cat
- Gabriel Agreste/Hawk Moth
- Jessica Keynes/Sparrow/Eagle
- Aeon/Uncanny Valley
- Olympia Hill/Majestia
- Barbara Keynes/Knightowl
- Dean Gate/Doorman
- Mike Rochip/Techno-Pirate/Techlonizer/Miraclonizer
- Alya Césaire
- Robostus Sentimonster
- Mr. Pigeon
- Caline Bustier
- Mr. Damocles
- Chloé Bourgeois
- Juleka Couffaine
- Rose Lavillant
- Mylène Haprèle
- Alix Kubdel
- Sabrina Raincomprix
- Max Kanté
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg
- Lê Chiến Kim
- Ivan Bruel
- Nino Lahiffe
- Lila Rossi
- Ms. Mendeleiev
- Emilie Agreste
- Luka Couffaine
- Kagami Tsurugi
- Nadja Chamack
- Clara Contard
- Nathalie Sancoeur/Mayura (Mayura only off-screen)
- Adrien's bodyguard
- Camilla Hombee/Victory
- Agent Red
- Agent Blue
- Agent Yellow
- Ancient Chinese Eagle Miraculous holder (pictured)
- Gustave Eiffel (wax figure)
- Gilbert du Motier (pictured/mentioned)
- George Washington (pictured/mentioned)
- Captain Redlight (mentioned)
- Hot Dog Dan
- Ketchup Boy (mentioned)
- Mustard Justice (mentioned)
- André Bourgeois (mentioned)
- Audrey Bourgeois (mentioned)
- Clara Nightingale (pictured)
- The Hologram Sock
- Criminals in alley
- Police officers
- Originally, this special was titled "Ladybug in New York City".
- The first concept art seen for "Miraculous New York" is almost an exact replica in structure to Pixie Girl's promotional art where Pixie Girl looks down on New York City.
- This is one of the seven known episodes that are at least partly set in locations outside of Paris, including "Startrain", "Miraculous Shanghai", "Miraculous Rio", "Miraculous Africa", "Miraculous London" and "Miraculous Japan".
- The events of this special take place between season 3 and season 4.
- Caline Bustier is revealed to be pregnant.
- This is one of the few times Adrien has to be in two places at once.
- Cat Noir giving Ladybug a rose is a callback to the episode "Frozer." Though this time, it is not in an act of flirting and more of (as he specifies) an act of friendship, as he offers a yellow rose which in floriography represents friendship.
- Just as Gilbert gave the Eagle Miraculous to George Washington as a sign of friendship and trust, Ladybug and Cat Noir allowed Eagle to keep it for the same reason.
- This is the first time that Gabriel Agreste/Hawk Moth himself wants a Miraculous other than those of Ladybug and Cat Noir.
- This is the third time the US premiered Miraculous-related content before other countries did. The first two being in Captain Hardrock and Ikari Gozen.
- The space power-up is shown for the first time and the names for these forms are revealed to be Cosmo-Bug and Astro-Cat respectively.
- Its also revealed that when Ladybug and Cat Noir power up, they don't need to feed the power up potion to their Kwamis, but instead can eat it themselves while transformed.
- This episode reveals the existence of another Miraculous, the Eagle Miraculous, and by extension, the Eagle Kwami, named Liiri. It also confirms that, while the Miracle Box is located in Paris, there are many more Miraculous that exist all over the world.
- The American superhero team is shown onscreen for the first time.
- Adrien briefly renounces Plagg and his Miraculous before giving it to Ladybug. He had threatened to do so in the past, like in "Syren" when he was tired of Ladybug keeping secrets from him, but this is the first time he actually goes through with it. Marinette had also renounced Tikki before in "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)" when she felt like she wasn't up to the task of being a superhero. Gabriel also briefly renounced Nooroo in "The Collector" and "Queen Wasp", but in "The Collector", he renounced Nooroo as to lead Ladybug and Cat Noir away from discovering his identity, while in "Queen Wasp", he renounced Nooroo because he just gave up.
- Adrien, Marinette and Gabriel giving up the use of their powers out of fear is similar to how Kion acted in The Lion Guard series episode, "Never Again Roar".
- This is also the fifth time Adrien is separated from his Miraculous following "Lady Wifi","The Dark Owl", "Reflekdoll" and "Feast".
- Unlike "Lady Wifi" and "Feast" but like "The Dark Owl" and "Reflekdoll", Adrien willingly removed his ring.
- Some plot holes and questions from the show's beginning are made clearer or answered in this special:
- Kwamis not only don't show up in films or photographs, but can't be observed by any form of technology such as the artificial intelligence such as Uncanny Valley and Markov.
- The Miraculous have an ability to magically disguise the identity of the wearer to human observers. However, AI are not affected by this, which is how Uncanny Valley was able to recognize Marinette's and Adrien's identities.
- However, unlike Uncanny Valley, Markov can't recognize Miraculous holder's identity because he's not as advanced as Uncanny.
- Although, it’s unknown how Adrien got past it in "Kwamibuster", as he was able to figure out that Multimouse was actually Ladybug (not counting the illusion by Multifox).
- In the Miraculous Ladybug Fan-fiction story "Nowhere Else to Go", written by Youtuber Mireille Tanaka, in chapter 10 of the story, Master Fu mentions, "Call it a pinch of Miraculous magic that keeps civilians from catching on to obvious clues," meaning that her and many others believed that it had something to do with magic which was confirmed to be true in this episode.
- However, unlike Uncanny Valley, Markov can't recognize Miraculous holder's identity because he's not as advanced as Uncanny.
- Ladybug's Lucky Charm gives her an object to use against a specific threat, and when Miraculous Ladybug is used with that object, it repairs all damage caused by that threat. This explains why Ladybug was able to repair the damage the Feast Sentimonster had done which in turn restored the Guardians' Temple just fine, but she couldn't do anything about the damage caused by the Robostus sentimonster.
- Even after the villain is de-akumatized in "Kwamibuster" and "Miracle Queen", Ladybug is still able to summon a Lucky Charm and repair the damages done by the villain.
- The only other way a Lucky Charm object could repair damage done by multiple villains would be if they were all akumatized at the same time seen in "Felix".
- This marks the fourth time someone who is not Marinette is seen wearing pajamas, being Nathalie, following Alya and her younger sisters in "Sapotis".
- It is revealed that Nathalie lives in the Agreste mansion. It's not clear whether she has always lived there or only does so because she's bedridden from excessive use of the Peacock Miraculous.
- It is revealed that Adrien's bodyguard has a fear of flying.
- According to Thomas Astruc, the first version of the script could have made a two hour movie. Story arcs were planned for Ms. Mendeleiev, Mr. Damocles and Chloé, but they had to cut a lot of stuff. Despite the story arcs being removed from the movie, it's unknown if they'll be used in future episodes or not.
- As seen in a flashback, Jessica and her mother are the fifth generation of Knightowl and Sparrow. The first generation of the pair are shown as cowboy partners; the first cowboys didn't appear until the 1880s, which would mean that the legacy of Knightowl and Sparrow is (as of the special's timeline) about 136 years old.
- Knightowl and Sparrow, despite them both being females, disguised themselves as males referring to what Fa Mulan did in both Disney versions of Mulan. This was also to carry on the Knightowl tradition that started back in the 1880s.
- This is the first piece of Miraculous media where Zeno Robinson voices Nino.
- This is the fourth time where a character or characters are killed on screen following "Timebreaker", "Cat Blanc", and "Ladybug".
- This is the third time, where Cat Noir used his powers on someone else of his own free will, as of "Dark Cupid", "Princess Fragrance" and "Despair Bear" he was mind-controlled into doing it. While in "Cat Blanc", the event was erased from the timeline; in "Troublemaker", he attempted to do it but only to protect his partner and in "Ladybug", the heroine tricked her partner into using his powers but this time was a result of an accident.
- If it wasn't Uncanny who had been struck with his powers then, it would've been Ladybug. However like Cat Noir in "Miraculer", her suit would've protected her from dying right away but she'd still be gravely injured.
- Or if her lucky charm had been struck, Ladybug wouldn't have been able to repair the damage either.
- This is episode marks the first time where Ladybug's powers were used the most with a total of three times.
- In the summoning of her last Lucky Charm a new summoning background was shown.
- This is the second time since "Weredad", where she didn't summon her Lucky Charm in usual position as Ladybug was sitting down instead of standing up.
- The cities that the nuclear missiles were meant to be sent at were Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, El Paso, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, and Washington D.C. Had these missiles reached those cities, the explosions would have spread to Canada and Mexico as well and Hawk Moth and Techno-Pirate would have been named the largest mass murderers in history.
- This is the first time where the people of Paris had to clean up the damage caused by a villain or sentimonster.
- The same ice statue that was made of the young heroes was the same one shown in the beginning and ending of the film.
- This version of the Statue of Liberty has a torch platform that Ladybug and Cat Noir were able to access just fine, but the real one's torch platform has been off limits for about a century.
- This is the second time where Ladybug is seen summoning the same item: the keychain from "Miracle Queen".
- This is the third time where we see things from a character's perspective following "Stormy Weather" and "Oblivio".
- Similar to what Cat Noir, said at the end of said episode and what Master Fu said about them at the end of "Stoneheart", Aeon agreed that Marinette and Adrien were made for each other.
- Also on an interesting note, if a holder activates a Miraculous superpower, then in turn loses the jewel to another person and said new holder deactivates it, it's unknown if the timer will be activated leading to the new holder detransforming as well.
- According to the beginning scene that zooms out to the world, other miraculouses and miracle boxes besides Paris and New York are in Greece, Norway, Egypt, Tibet, China, India, Australia, Maldives, and other places around the world.
- The Eagle Miraculous temporarily disappears after Techlonizer breaks into the museum.
- Clara Contard's eyelash and brows are miscolored gray.
- When Gabriel takes off his ascot to transform, the Butterfly Miraculous is in its charged mode.
- Plagg has a magazine called "Gentlemen's Camembert" but says it is called "Gentlemen's Cheese".
- Plagg is seen in Marinette's bag, even though Marinette did not wear the Cat Miraculous.
- However, it is possible that Marinette used it to summon Plagg, as she was in possession of the Cat Miraculous at the time and it is possible for a kwami to exist even if their holder is not wearing the Miraculous, as it was seen in "Reflekdoll".
- When Ladybug and Sparrow talk after evading the missiles, Ladybug's left pigtail is missing.
- In the credits, Alya's name is misspelled "Ayla".
- Knightowl's civilian name is also misspelled as "Barbara Keyes". That was confirmed to be a mistake.
- Liiri's name is also misspelled as "Liri", which is the actual Albanian word for "freedom".
- Cat Noir's ring and Ladybug's earrings were fully charged when they were in the sewer system of New York. However, their powers were used several minutes ago when they accidentally killed and restored Uncanny. They instead just voluntarily detransformed.
- When Adrien and Marinette are viewing the sunset, Marinette's pigtails are thinner than usual.
- However, it may be because she got wet in the bathroom.
- In the same scene, her bag disappears for a few moments.
- When Adrien pulled a paper out of Marinette's hair her blush was circles, then after she noticed the paper that he pulled out from her hair her blush turned to straight short pink lines.
- Adrien refers to the party in Despair Bear as Chloé's birthday party. This was never mentioned in the episode.
- However, it may have been said off-screen or it could be an unseen event.
- On the map of US Major cities that the nuclear missiles were meant to be sent at, some major cities are missing such as Austin, Birmingham, Buffalo, Columbus, Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Lexington, Louisville, Milwaukee, Nashville, San Antonio, and Tucson.
- When surrounding Technolizer on the roof and Ladybug summons her Lucky Charm, she yells "Lucky Charm!" without opening her mouth.
- When Marinette puts her hand on the left side of the door, Aeon uses her powers to open it. In the next shot, Marinette's hand is on the right side.
- When Marinette reacts in surprise after overhearing Cat Noir announcing to Plagg that he renounces him, both of Tikki's antennas are detached from her head.
- Throughout the whole episode, the area around Hawk Moth's eyes is darker than usual, making it look as if he's wearing eyeliner.
- When Cat Noir returned to Ladybug, he detransformed out of his Astro form but didn't say the words to deactivate it. Maybe when a young holder grows they don't need to say the detransformation words to remove their powered up transformations just like how an adult doesn't need a trigger word to activate their superpowers.
- When Ladybug is saving Sparrow from Victory's missles, she can be seen with another yo-yo wrapped around her waist.
- When Alya sees Marinette outside, Camilla Hombee's eyes and eye sockets are all black.
- However, it may be because she wears black eyeshadow.
- In one shot inside Marinette's purse when she is walking sadly after Adrien's renunciation of his Miraculous, Plagg is gone; in his place seems to be a creepy, discolored Nooroo.
- When Juleka and Rose are looking at Majestia through the airplane window, Juleka's hair goes through her shoulder.
Click here to view the gallery.