The Miracle Box is a jewelry box used to store the Miraculouses when they are not in use.
The Miracle Box is currently owned by Marinette Dupain-Cheng, as she became the new Guardian.
The box is made out of very dark brown wood, has a golden hinge for the lid, and is shaped like an octagon. Four of the sides have gold buttons on the center, and the four sides in between them have two golden buttons that are vertically aligned. Each button has a darker-colored Chinese character on it naming an animal from the Chinese zodiac. The lid of the box at the top has a red design, a circle with patterns in the middle surrounded by wavy lines as the edge. The box includes twelve drawers where more Miraculouses are being stored.
On the side of the gramophone in which the wooden box was stored, the Chinese characters for miracle (奇跡) are engraved.
As of "Miracle Queen (The Battle of the Miraculous - Part 2)", the box has now taken on a rounded out appearance and is covered in a ladybug pattern, with a golden ring around each spot. It is unknown if the box will revert back to its original form or if this is its new look.
Seen in a new poster of Season 4 and the cover of the "Kwamis" book, the spots on the box are colored with the Miraculouses symbols.
Top levelInside the box, on the top level, there is a gold outline of a flower with five petals, each petal having a pointed tip, and a center. The color outside of the flower is red. Each section of the flower is meant for a Miraculous.
The center section is raised above the others, and it includes the yin-yang symbol, yin having a red outline and yang having a white outline. In yin, there is a red circle with five black spots, which is where the Ladybug Miraculous is placed. In yang, there is a silver paw print within a silver-edged circle, which is where the Cat Miraculous is placed.
Each petal-shaped section is a different color with a darker-shaded circled symbol in the center, and the Miraculouses placed in them represent the Five Elements. The petal section opposite of the lid's hinge is blue with a darker blue peacock symbol, which is where the Peacock Miraculous is placed. The lower left petal section is pink with a purple butterfly symbol, which is where the Butterfly Miraculous is placed. The lower right petal section is green with a darker green turtle shell symbol, which is where the Turtle Miraculous is placed. The upper left petal section is orange with a darker orange fox symbol, which is where the Fox Miraculous is placed. The upper right petal section is yellow with a darker yellow bee symbol, which is where the Bee Miraculous is placed.
Side drawersThe sides of the box have twelve small drawers marked by each button. Each drawer is a square, and its inside is colored with a raised circular padded center. One Miraculous is stored in every drawer, each one a Chinese-zodiac-themed Miraculous as labeled by a button with an animal icon. Following is a list of the locations of the zodiac Miraculous starting from the bottom-back and moving around clockwise.
- The bottom-back drawer is light blue with a pocket watch symbol and holds the Rabbit Miraculous.
- The top-back drawer is red with a red dragon symbol and holds the Dragon Miraculous.
- The back-right drawer is turquoise with a turquoise coiled snake symbol and holds the Snake Miraculous.
- The bottom-right drawer is lighter-brown with a lighter-brown horse symbol and holds the Horse Miraculous.
- The top-right drawer is white with a white goat symbol and holds the Goat Miraculous.
- The front-right drawer is mustard-yellow with a brown monkey symbol and holds the Monkey Miraculous.
- The bottom-front drawer is maize and holds the Rooster Miraculous.
- The top-front drawer is light orange with a light orange dog symbol and holds the Dog Miraculous.
- The front-left drawer is light pink with a pink pig symbol and holds the Pig Miraculous.
- The bottom-left drawer is grey with a pink mouse symbol and holds the Mouse Miraculous.
- The top-left drawer is navy with a navy ox symbol and holds the Ox Miraculous.
- The back-left drawer is fuchsia with a light yellow paw symbol and holds the Tiger Miraculous.
During Fu's ownership of the box, it was stored in a phonograph. To open it, he must press the eyes of two opposing dragons engraved on a side of the phonograph. The dragons' eyes glow red, and a hatch opens between them, revealing ten buttons. He presses three particular buttons, which causes the phonograph to turn 180 degrees. The top with the record pops off, two sets of doors slide open, and a table spirals upwards from the inside of the phonograph with the box on it.
When the box itself is opened, the drawers containing the Zodiac Miraculous open seemingly independently.
In "Miracle Queen", all of the drawers opened simultaneously when Miracle Queen opened the box, acting in a rather mechanical form.
Within the Miracle Box, there is a pocket dimension where the Kwamis can gather.
When gathered in this magic world, Kwamis can communicate with other, non-present Kwamis on their cycle, or birthday. There is no way to contact the Kwamis while they are inside their magic world.
The doorway to the Kwamis' magic world is in the box's lid.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Bubbler":||Absent||14. "Princess Fragrance":||Absent|
|2. "Mr. Pigeon":||Absent||15. "Ladybug & Cat Noir":||Appears|
|3. "Stormy Weather":||Absent||16. "Stoneheart":||Absent|
|4. "Timebreaker":||Absent||17. "Animan":||Absent|
|5. "Copycat":||Absent||18. "Simon Says":||Absent|
|6. "The Pharaoh":||Absent||19. "Pixelator":||Absent|
|7. "Lady Wifi":||Absent||20. "Guitar Villain":||Absent|
|8. "The Evillustrator":||Absent||21. "Kung Food":||Absent|
|9. "Rogercop":||Absent||22. "Gamer":||Absent|
|10. "Dark Cupid":||Absent||23. "Reflekta":||Absent|
|11. "Horrificator":||Absent||24. "The Puppeteer":||Absent|
|12. "Darkblade":||Absent||25. "Antibug":||Absent|
|13. "The Mime":||Absent||26. "Volpina":||Absent|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Santa Claws":||Absent||14. "Frightningale":||Absent|
|2. "The Collector":||Appears||15. "Syren":||Appears|
|3. "Prime Queen":||Absent||16. "Zombizou":||Absent|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Absent||17. "Frozer":||Absent|
|5. "Riposte":||Absent||18. "Style Queen":||Appears|
|6. "Befana":||Absent||19. "Troublemaker":||Absent|
|7. "Robostus":||Background||20. "Queen Wasp":||Absent|
|8. "The Dark Owl":||Absent||21. "Reverser":||Absent|
|9. "Gigantitan":||Absent||22. "Anansi":||Appears|
|10. "Glaciator":||Absent||23. "Malediktator":||Appears|
|11. "Sapotis":||Appears||24. "Sandboy":||Appears|
|12. "Gorizilla":||Absent||25. "Catalyst":||Appears|
|13. "Captain Hardrock":||Absent||26. "Mayura":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Absent|
|1. "Chameleon":||Absent||14. "Stormy Weather 2":||Absent|
|2. "Animaestro":||Absent||15. "Kwamibuster":||Appears|
|3. "Bakerix":||Absent||16. "Feast":||Appears|
|4. "Backwarder":||Absent||17. "Reflekdoll":||Absent|
|5. "Gamer 2.0":||Absent||18. "Ikari Gozen":||Appears|
|6. "Weredad":||Absent||19. "Desperada":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Absent||20. "Startrain":||Appears|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Absent||21. "Timetagger":||Appears|
|9. "Miraculer":||Appears||22. "Cat Blanc":||Absent|
|10. "Oblivio":||Absent||23. "Félix":||Absent|
|11. "Party Crasher":||Appears||24. "Ladybug":||Absent|
|12. "Christmaster":||Absent||25. "Heart Hunter":||Appears|
|13. "The Puppeteer 2":||Absent||26. "Miracle Queen":||Appears|
- The wooden box appears to be patterned after an East-Asian influence, as evidenced by the octagonal construction, the flower-patterned inlay, and the stylized, red relief.
- The flower could be styled after the cherry blossom, though it could be based on any other bloom of the Malus genus.
- Another option is that it is a lotus, due to the way the petals are pointed outwards, not inwards like a cherry blossom, and the general importance of lotuses across Asia.
- When Fu gives Miraculouses away, each Miraculous is stored in a smaller box that resembles the Miracle box.
- However, the tiny boxes don't have the golden buttons, and the bottom of the insides are entirely red. The security layers that open to reveal the box have carved drawings of both a phoenix and a Chinese dragon, which are celestial animals from the Feng Shui, which represent yin and yang respectively.
- The box's design as of "Miracle Queen" resembles the original design of the Ladybug Miraculous.
- In an interview, Thomas Astruc said that the desire for the series is to explore all of the Miraculouses in the box.
- He also mentioned that it could be possible that more Miraculous-containing boxes exist.
- Similar to Ladybug's yo-yo, the Miracle Box could also apply to the the magic satchel theory, as it is able to hold all the things the Kwamis have collected over the years.
- A few of the things that are seen in the Kwamis' magical world:
- A Piano
- Checkers board game
- A Grandfather clock
- CD records and a phonograph
- A Hand Fan
- Various paintings
- A Gong
- A Shield
- 1873 version of a bicycle
- In "Feast", it was confirmed that other Miracle Boxes existed but were destroyed. However, Ladybug's Miraculous Ladybug repaired the damaged guardians' temple, including the destroyed Miracle Boxes and therefore the Miraculous.
- According to the synopsis in Miraculous New York, Ladybug and Cat Noir will discover that Miraculous exist in the United States too, meaning that there is another Miracle Box.
- But it's not known as of yet how a Miracle Box ended up in the United States.
- As of "Miracle Queen", it's unknown when the box changes under the condition of new guardianship if the kwamis magical world changes with it.
Click here to view the gallery.