|This article is about the main protagonist Ladybug. You may be looking for another Ladybug.|
|“||Looks like it's time to bring in the alter ego...||”|
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the main protagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France and a budding fashion designer who wants to have her own brand one day. With the Ladybug Miraculous, when inhabited by Tikki, Marinette transforms into the superheroine Ladybug, gaining the power of creation to stop Hawk Moth and his akumatized villains. She is also the leader of the French Miraculous superhero team.
In "Kwamibuster", after Tikki is captured by the titular villain, Marinette wears multiple Miraculous but activates the Mouse Miraculous to become Multimouse, a mouse-themed superhero. In the same episode, Multimouse's various copies transform with the Mouse Miraculous combined with the Ladybug, Cat and Fox Miraculous to become Multibug, Multinoir and Multifox respectively.
In “Ladybug”, after being expelled from school, she is akumatized by Scarlet Moth into Princess Justice. However, her akumatization is interrupted because of Nathalie Sancoeur's illness and it is never completed.
Marinette is a half French (by her father's side) and half Chinese (by her mother's side) slender teenage girl of average height with medium-length black hair with blue reflections that is always seen tied back in two pigtails, bluebell eyes , light freckles on both sides and the bridge of her nose.
Marinette wears a dark gray blazer with rolled-up sleeves; the inside of the blazer is lined in white with pink polka dots and it has black trimming. Underneath, she wears a white t-shirt with black stitching and a flower design below the collar. The design itself has pink flowers and black leaves. She wears pink rolled up jeans and pink ballet flats with dark red soles. She wears eyeliner around her eyes and sports black earrings that also serve as her Miraculous when Tikki inhabits them. She often wears a light pink purse with a thin black strap over her right shoulder.
She wears a red skintight bodysuit covered in black spots and with a black collar/turtleneck. According to Marinette in "Marinette's Double Life", her suit is made out of indestructible fabric. When not in use, she keeps her yo-yo around her hips with a red string. On her face is a red mask with five black spots that are in a symmetrical design and the waterlines of her eyes are colored black. Her earrings are red with five black spots in a quincunx pattern and the bands holding her hair back become red ribbons, resembling a ladybug's antenas or a ladybug flying when she's moving.
As Lady Noir
The costume of Lady Noir is very similar to Cat Noir; she wears a black catsuit with fluorescent green accents on her knees, forearms, waist, and neck. She has black gloves on her forearms with claws and a fluorescent green band that goes down a bit and a black ball, her black collar is a little open at the neck and has a fluorescent green band that goes down to the poitrine and a black ball in the lower part of the neck. Around the waist, a black belt with a fluorescent green band in the middle at the right leg a black button with a fluo-green cat and fluorescent green son with a black ball hanging. Her black fluo-green boots go all the way up to the knee, a small flowing green band in the heel and end with small black wedges. She has floor-length jet-black hair that is styled in a single braid, which makes it look like a tail that are supported by a black two-wire ball fluo green at the end of each a black feather, cat ears on her head (like Cat Noir) with fluorescent green accents, her eyes become green and feline with green sclerae where she has lighter green irises with oblong pupils and a black mask. Like her yo-yo, Lady Noir keeps her staff attached to her hip when not in use.
Multimouse wears a grey, pink and black suit. She wears her hair in Odango-style twin buns which resembles mouse ears. She also wears her Miraculous, a necklace, around her neck. Her mask is gray at the top and pink with a black border at the bottom. She wears black gloves that are a little above her elbows and have a thick pink horizontal stripe at the end. She also wears black boots that are above knee-level with a thick pink horizontal stripe.
Multifox essentially looks the same as Multimouse, but all the pink accents on Multimouse become orange and she has a white section on her chest similar to Rena Rouge as a result of the Fox Miraculous influence. The pink section of her mask also becomes orange.
Multibug essentially looks the same as Multimouse, but her suit gains black spots on the grey part and all the pink accents on Multimouse become red as a result of the Ladybug Miraculous influence. Her mask also gets five black spots that are in a symmetrical design and the pink section becomes red.
Multinoir essentially looks the same as Multimouse, but all the pink accents on Multimouse become black (in a darker shade than the black of the Multimouse suit) as a result of the Cat Miraculous influence. The pink section of her mask also becomes black.
As Dragon BugDragon Bug wears a suit that possesses traits from both the Ladybug and Dragon Miraculouses in asymmetric disposition. The right side is essentially red with black spots with a yellow outline with a black line with a yellow outline wrapping around the leg and the forearm and ending on the foot and the hand, respectively. The left side is essentially black with red spots with a yellow outline, but with the leg and the forearm being red with the same line, but ending on the ankle and wrist, respectively. She has a black collar/turtleneck with a yellow edge (where she has the Dragon Miraculous) and on her chest, over a black spot, she has the images that represent the three elements she controls: lightning, air and water. On the back of her head, she has four red dragon-like horns (two pairs of conjoined horns on each side) with black tips with a thick yellow outlining and, on her back, she has a holder for her sword. On her face, she wears a red mask around her eyes with three spots and a yellow and black outline at the base of the sides.
Marinette is a sweet, outgoing and joyful girl who loves fashion, her friends, family and Adrien Agreste (Marinette's crush) where Adrien describes her as honest, kind, fair and the type not to cheat. She is very helpful as she was willing to help those who have insecurities such as; Juleka Couffaine who thought she had a "class photo curse" and Marc Anciel who was too afraid to share his creative writing. According to Clara Nightingale, Marinette has a pure heart. She cares deeply for other people, usually putting their feelings and interests even before her own, in some cases at a personal cost. Despite being genuinely kind, she has her limits, such as when she gets irritated with Chloé Bourgeois to the point that she refuses to continue guarding her against the Evillustrator as Ladybug.
Despite her outgoing and empathetic personality, Marinette struggles with self-confidence and self-esteem. She used to be even more very nervous and didn't oppose others, but her confidence grew considerably since she became Ladybug. In a situation, she deems urgent, she becomes very nervous, clumsy, a bit awkward, and quick to panic. These situations include approaching her crush, trouble-choosing between her love interests, when in contact with a really big celebrity if she thinks others do greater success compared to herself or losing something that will expose her secret identity. Thanks to her confidence as Ladybug though, Marinette has gotten more calm and comfortable around Adrien as herself, as seen when she helps him get away from a swarm of fans and talks to him more fluently.
Marinette can act impulsively and irrationally at times, as shown when she tried to deflect the false accusation of "stealing" Chloé's bracelet onto others who are also innocent. She is willing to do several risky tasks in order to protect her image, like stealing Adrien's phone to erase an embarrassing message she accidentally left on it. She also expresses jealousy whenever other girls such as Chloé or Lila Rossi flirt with Adrien, sometimes causing her to act irrationally, even abusing her powers as Ladybug to keep them away or forget to destransform in the first place. However, Marinette tends to learn from her mistakes and become a more open-minded, understanding person. She also takes advice from others very well, whether it is family or friends as seen throughout the series.
As Ladybug, Marinette retains many of her alter ego's characteristics, but she is much stronger. Her confidence and bravery come out more prominently. According to Cat Noir, she can be stubborn at times, especially when she isn't easily convinced. While almost all of Ladybug's plans are effective, they tend to be complex and rather bizarre. She is more cautious and careful than Cat Noir, sometimes needing to restrain or stop him from doing hasty acts seen in several episodes. Only during rare occasions, she can act hasty, especially if she is in a rush to do something or multiple things at one time. She usually follows her head, saying that a great superhero always listens to her head, meaning that she isn't easily fooled or swayed by deceptions and lies.
As Ladybug, Marinette strives to rescue everyone, including those akumatized by Hawk Moth. She usually tries to persuade the supervillains to calm down and stop their rampage when she is able to do so. Ladybug is aware that there is a line between justice and revenge. She thinks that honesty and justice don't mean anything if you're pressured into doing it like as she didn't pressure Bob to tell the truth about him stealing everything from Kitty Section, but waited until he admitted everything himself across the TV. Ladybug acknowledges that good things come by doing good actions and that not all problems can be solved by wishing them away like Hawk Moth hopes, especially at the expense of hurting the innocent. She also values the lives of others more than material possessions.
Marinette takes her image and Miraculous powers as Ladybug very seriously. She has a more serious side when fighting against Hawk Moth's villains, as opposed to Cat Noir's laid back and goofy personality. She got angry at Chloé as Ladybug for using her powers to create a fake accident, which could have led to a serious one. Given these traits, Adrien claims that her civilian form is funnier than Ladybug. Marinette can be sensitive about her image, getting annoyed at Chloé playing her alter ego in Clara Nightingale’s music video, becoming a little angered when Nora doubted her abilities, or even attacking impulsively to Sabrina Raincomprix (as Miraculer) after the latter tauntingly mimicked her. Although she can get exasperated to Cat Noir if he jokes too much, she handles joking calmly at times and enjoys teasing him or others. Similar to Cat Noir, she is clever with her words and occasionally enjoys making puns.
While working with other Miraculous holders as team leader, Ladybug doesn't see them as sidekicks but as friends and extremely values their support and help. She is also great at giving advice to others when they need it. Thus, Ladybug is saddened that she has to suspend those who do a great job but at the cost of having their identities revealed to Hawk Moth like Chloé and Kagami, but she does it in a caring and considerate way letting them know she does it to protect them and their loved ones.
As her alter ego, Marinette strives to keep her personal and superhero lives separate to protect herself, the people she knows or is close to. Still, she aims to be honest with others in other ways, like her honesty with Cat Noir about not having romantic feelings for him and seeking advice from others. No matter the difficulty of her tasks, Marinette does everything in her power to set things right as Ladybug while keeping up with her everyday responsibilities, like studying, designing something, babysitting or working in the bakery. There are exceptions to the rule as well, such as when she mixed her duties to her former Master and her personal plans, like her letter to Adrien. She also has occasional problems at inventing excuses about her absences to her friends, teachers, and parents.
As a civilianFor a list of things made by Marinette, see the List of Marinette's creations.
Marinette has an exceptional talent in fashion design, able to sketch ideas in a notebook after getting inspired by her surroundings, and sewing by hand or with a machine. She usually wears her own creations and makes clothing for others. She also can create graphic designs using computer, such as albums covers. Her skills in this field are exceptional for an amateur, such as when her pigeon-styled derby hat was good enough to be recognized by the famous professional designer, Gabriel Agreste, despite the fact that she had never made one before. According to Audrey Bourgeois, the harshest fashion critic, she didn't see other talents as great as Gabriel Agreste until she met Marinette.
Although she is absent-minded, Marinette is clever and quick-thinking, as shown when she hid her signature in her hat when Chloé stole her design, which exposed her. Many of her friends describe "she is always able to come up with the right plan at the right time". Despite being amnesiac from the effects of Oblivio's powers, she outsmarted the villain while they were looking for her and Adrien. Ladybug's resourcefulness is more obvious when she is figuring out how to utilize her Lucky Charm, most of her plans being outside the box, yet risky and complicated.
Even in her civilian form, Marinette has high stamina, endurance, and agility, running long distances without stopping in several episodes. She is naturally flexible, being even more flexible as Ladybug because of her enhanced physical abilities. She is also quite stealthy, frequently sneaking up on Adrien and other people without being noticed. Marinette is very good at sports, being quite good at ice-skating and dancing. She has good reflexes, being on par with Adrien despite fencing for the first time.
From Master Wang Fu, Marinette learned the history of the kwamis and their Miraculouses. Her knowledge extends to the spells such as the incantation needed for the wish-granting power of the Ladybug and Cat Miraculouses. However, as Fu's own understanding is limited, Marinette's training might be incomplete.
Marinette is very skilled at video games, easily beating Max at Ultimate Mecha Strike III and getting the highest score in the entire school. As complemented by Adrien, Marinette is an excellent baker. She knows both approaches, modern and traditional, on baking, as well as how to handle cooking facilities. She makes "magicroons" for Tikki, containing all the power-ups from Miraculous spellbook. In "The Puppeteer", it is revealed that Marinette can whistle. Not as good as Lila, she is adequate at acting or deceiving people especially akumatized villains as apart of her plans to defeat and save them.
She is also working on learning Mandarin Chinese with her mother's help mentioned in her Instagram post.
Ladybug has much more enhanced physical skills, such as speed and agility. These abilities allow her to run on walls and react to and evade light-based attacks, as well as jump and leap several times her height and length. Similar to a real ladybug, she can climb up surfaces without her yo-yo. Her increased strength allows her to do things such as using her yo-yo to pull a large robot onto the ground, as well as break Cat Noir's nearly unbreakable staff and an oyster's pearl using only her fingers. Her near-invulnerability and great durability to physical damage allows her to jump off of 2 story buildings and land without issue and survive to fall off of one, as well as seemingly survive to fall at a height of at least several stories. She can even handle temperatures as severe as absolute 0. Ladybug is skilled in hand-to-hand combat when fighting villains or Cat Noir when he ends up being controlled by one. Even out of "Aqua Mode", she is a good swimmer.
Ladybug has remarkable talent with wielding her yo-yo, like using it as a grappling hook, a rope to restrain others, a projectile, a slicer even against solid materials, and a shield if she spins it fast enough. Her yo-yo also can work as a breathing apparatus for those who can't breathe underwater like herself. After an akuma or amok is released from its corrupted object, Ladybug can open her yo-yo, to catch it, and remove the energy-charged it with, releasing it as its original form. In other episodes, she can fight exceptionally well with other weapons besides her yo-yo and is good at dual wielding despite having little to no training.
Her special power, Lucky Charm, creates an object that helps her to achieve her goal, it often being to stop a villain. Though usually confused at first, her creativity and cleverness help enable her to perceive where the object can be used to help her achieve her goal. However, Lucky Charm drains her power and reverts her back to Marinette shortly afterward, so she has to use it wisely. Once the villain is dealt with, Ladybug can throw her Lucky Charm object into the air and use the Miraculous Ladybug, which will make it revert to an enormous swarm of ladybugs and fix all of the damage done since the villain appeared.
When accessing her aqua powers, Ladybug has the ability to breathe underwater and has enhanced swimming capabilities due to the fins on her feet.
When accessing her ice powers, Ladybug has the ability to handle extremely low temperatures, as well as move freely and quickly on the ice with her ice skates.
As Lady Noir
Lady Noir has the same abilities as her partner, such as more enhanced skills; like speed, agility, and strength that she is almost invulnerable to physical damage. She has enhanced senses such as hearing, smell, night vision, and super stealth like a cat.
Like Cat Noir, Lady Noir can use her staff efficiently, wielding it as a sword, being able to spin it at high speeds to form a shield, and taking advantage of its length-changing features. To travel long distances, she uses her staff and its variety in length to vault over obstacles.
Her special power, Cataclysm, allows her to negatively affect anything that she touches with her ring hand. However, using Cataclysm drains her Miraculous' power, causing her to revert back to Marinette five minutes afterwards, so she has to use it wisely.
Multimouse has much more enhanced skills, such as speed, agility, and strength, and she is almost invulnerable to physical damage.
Her special power, Multitude, allows her to turn into a number of tiny clones of herself. The clones are small, a lot smaller compared to the Kwamis. In order to activate her power, Multimouse takes several jumps using her jump rope (her tool), which makes her bottom section of her legs shine and, her tiny clones were created and starts to appear. As the original size starts to shrink down and decrease, Multimouse has the ability to divide herself into smaller clones. All of them have the same costume, including the miraculous, but the original one wore all of the miraculouses, creating a difference between the rest of them.
Besides the powers she has as Multimouse, Multifox possesses the power Mirage. She divided herself into tiny clones and gave the fox miraculous to one of the clones. By playing her flute, she produces an orange ball of energy at the far end of it and then throws it to create a hyper-realistic illusion. This illusion can disappear when touched or when Multifox undoes it by shouting out "Reality".
Besides the powers she has as Multimouse, Multinoir possesses the power Cataclysm. As Cat Noir gave her the miraculous, she wore it around her waist. It allows her to negatively affect anything that she touches with her ring hand. While it is usually used to destroy objects, it can be used for a variety of different effects.
Besides the powers she has as Multimouse, Multibug possesses the power Lucky Charm. Still wearing her earrings after being set free, she used her powers to trap the akuma and purify it.
As Dragon BugBesides the powers she has as Ladybug, Dragon Bug possesses the powers of the Dragon Miraculous Superpower. It allows her to use the power of the Water, Wind and Lightning elements and even combine them with her yo-yo to make a shield.
= Gender Unknown
- The lineage of Sabine Cheng's parents and uncle is uncertain.
- In China, wives do not usually take on their husband's surname, keeping their own. Children usually take the father's surname.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Bubbler":||Appears||14. "Princess Fragrance":||Appears|
|2. "Mr. Pigeon":||Appears||15. "Ladybug & Cat Noir":||Appears|
|3. "Stormy Weather":||Appears||16. "Stoneheart":||Appears|
|4. "Timebreaker":||Appears||17. "Animan":||Appears|
|5. "Copycat":||Appears||18. "Simon Says":||Appears|
|6. "The Pharaoh":||Appears||19. "Pixelator":||Appears|
|7. "Lady Wifi":||Appears||20. "Guitar Villain":||Appears|
|8. "The Evillustrator":||Appears||21. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|9. "Rogercop":||Appears||22. "Gamer":||Appears|
|10. "Dark Cupid":||Appears||23. "Reflekta":||Appears|
|11. "Horrificator":||Appears||24. "The Puppeteer":||Appears|
|12. "Darkblade":||Appears||25. "Antibug":||Appears|
|13. "The Mime":||Appears||26. "Volpina":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Santa Claws":||Appears||14. "Frightningale":||Appears|
|2. "The Collector":||Appears||15. "Syren":||Appears|
|3. "Prime Queen":||Appears||16. "Zombizou":||Appears|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Appears||17. "Frozer":||Appears|
|5. "Riposte":||Appears||18. "Style Queen":||Appears|
|6. "Befana":||Appears||19. "Troublemaker":||Appears|
|7. "Robostus":||Appears||20. "Queen Wasp":||Appears|
|8. "The Dark Owl":||Appears||21. "Reverser":||Appears|
|9. "Gigantitan":||Appears||22. "Anansi":||Appears|
|10. "Glaciator":||Appears||23. "Malediktator":||Appears|
|11. "Sapotis":||Appears||24. "Sandboy":||Appears|
|12. "Gorizilla":||Appears||25. "Catalyst":||Appears|
|13. "Captain Hardrock":||Appears||26. "Mayura":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Chameleon":||Appears||?. "Reflekdoll":||Appears|
|2. "Animaestro":||Appears||?. "Desperada":||Appears|
|3. "Bakerix":||Appears||?. "Startrain":||Appears|
|4. "Backwarder":||Appears||?. "Kwamibuster":||Appears|
|5. "Gamer 2.0":||Appears||?. "Feast":||Appears|
|6. "Weredad":||Appears||?. "Stormy Weather 2":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Appears||?. "Timetagger":||Appears|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Appears||?. "Ikari Gozen":||Appears|
|9. "Miraculer":||Appears||?. "Cat Blanc":||Appears|
|10. "Oblivio":||Appears||?. "Félix":||Appears|
|11. "Party Crasher":||Appears||?. "Ladybug":||Appears|
|12. "Christmaster":||Appears||25. "Heart Hunter":||Appears|
|13. "The Puppeteer 2":||Appears||26. "Miracle Queen":||Appears|
|1. "Marinette in Paris":||Appears||16. "Max":||Appears|
|2. "Marinette and Fashion":||Appears||17. "Mylène":||Appears|
|3. "Ladybug as seen by Adrien":||Appears||18. "Rose":||Appears|
|4. "Ladyblog":||Appears||19. "Alix":||Appears|
|5. "Adrien's Double Life":||Appears||20. "Sabrina":||Appears|
|6. "Marinette and Alya":||Appears||21. "Ivan":||Appears|
|7. "Marinette's Double Life":||Appears||22. "Marinette as seen by Chloé":||Appears|
|8. "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette":||Appears||23. "Lila":||Appears|
|9. "My Birthday Party":||Appears||? "Chloé as seen by Marinette":||Will Appear|
|10. "Marinette and Adrien":||Appears||? "Gabriel":||Will Appear|
|11. "Master Fu":||Appears||? "Nathaniel & Marc":||Will Appear|
|12. "Tikki":||Appears||? "Kagami as seen by Marinette":||Will Appear|
|13. "Plagg":||Appears||? "Kagami as seen by Adrien":||Will Appear|
|14. "Friends":||Appears||? "Papillon et les Akumatisés":||Will Appear|
|15. "Nino":||Appears||? "The Family":||Will Appear|
|Tales from Paris|
|1. "The Notebook":||Appears||4. "Busy Day":||Appears|
|2. "Inspiration":||Appears||5. "Homework Essay":||Appears|
|Miraculous ZAG Chibi|
|1. Rooftop Dinner:||Appears||5. Cutest Cat Fight:||Appears|
|2. Catnip Fragrance:||Appears||6. Fatal Posy:||Appears|
|3. The Chase:||Appears||7. Scarybug:||Appears|
|4. Curiosity Kicked the Cat||Appears||?. NeckRace:||Will Appear|
|"Happy Birthday to You!":||Appears||Miraculous Ladybug OVA:||Will Appear|
|Miraculous film:||Will Appear|
Books and comics
|"Issue 1":||Appears||"Issue 5":||Appears|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 3":||Appears||"Issue 7":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 4":||Appears||"Issue 8":||Will Appear|
|Other Comics & Books|
|Ladybug Artbook:||Appears||Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug:||Will Appear|
|Miraculous: Tales of Cat Noir:||Unknown||Tales of Miraculous:||Unknown|
|Miraculous (manga):||Will Appear|
|Super Lady Luck:||Appears||Miraculous Mission Ladybug:||Playable|
|Throwdown!:||Appears||Ladybug Contra os Vilões:||Playable|
|Miraculous Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable||Miraculous Crush:||Appears|
|The Mini Menace Ladybug:||Appears||Ladybug PV:||Appears|
|First CGI promotional videos:||Appears||Korean musical:||Appears|
- Thomas Astruc created Ladybug around 2005 when he was exchanging drawings on post-it notes with another worker and made one with the superheroine.
- The name Marinette means "little Mary" (formed from the modified Marion + the French diminutive suffix -ette) in French, which is likely a reference to the ladybug's common name, as well as its name across many cultures, originating from the Biblical character Mary, also known as "Our Lady."
- In the English version, the pronunciation of the name Marinette with "mar" as in "marinade" is used, and in French, and other countries, the pronunciation with "mar" as in "marred" is used.
- In The Mini Menace Ladybug, her original name was Marietta.
- Marinette's surnames Dupain & Cheng each have meanings to it.
- The French surname Dupain means "of the bread" or "bread" (a reference to her father's job as a baker).
- The Chinese surname Cheng means "completed, finished, succeeded" (成) or "sincere, honest, true" (诚).
- However, Cheng is usually written as "陈" when used as a surname in Chinese.
- Marinette's design has changed over time from the original Ladybug PV version.
- Her anime design included jean shorts,
- As Ladybug, she had a red-orange face mask without black spots and two long red-orange ribbons attached to each pigtail. She also had long hair and lacked freckles.
- In the PV, Marinette's earrings were always red with five spots, no matter if she was Ladybug or Marinette. She only wore them as a civilian when needing to transform, not having them in public.
- PV Ladybug's costume differs from the CGI Ladybug as well, with PV Ladybug's spots being found only on her torso (her legs and feet were completely red) and wearing a ladybug-themed bag instead of having the yo-yo. PV Ladybug's hair and hair ribbons are also significantly longer than the current version of Ladybug, and she has an ahoge, which means "foolish hair" in Japanese.
- The yo-yo didn't exist; PV Ladybug fought using hand-to-hand combat.
- PV Ladybug was less shy around her crush, as she's able to be very close to Félix Agreste without panicking or being nervous. She even asks him out while slightly blushing and looking right at him, although Félix coldly refuses.
- Marinette's CGI design seems to have gone through a change as well. Earlier footage and images of Marinette included dark bluish-black hair, red tips of hair at the end of her pigtails, and gray eyes.
- In a placeholder animation, Ladybug was seen wielding a sword. Whether or not this was to be used as a new weapon or a Lucky Charm object is unknown.
- During the earlier stages of development, Ladybug wasn't allowed to abuse her powers of good luck, or else something bad would happen to her. As of now, it is unknown if Ladybug still has this issue, since, as seen in "The Bubbler", all that happens when she selfishly uses Lucky Charm is that she runs out of power and loses her transformation.
- Both prototype versions of Marinette have her mask be the last piece of her costume to materialize during her transformation. In the final cartoon, her mask is instead the first piece to materialize.
- A fan asked Thomas why he gave Marinette ballet shoes, to which he jokingly responded with: "Because with ski boots, you end up with stinking feet, and in addition, it scratches the floor."
- Thomas confirmed that at some point in the future, Marinette will be seen with her hair down. It first appeared in "Cat Blanc".
- Marinette's hair color is a homage to old comic books that would use blue highlights on black hair.
- In "Stormy Weather", Marinette's infatuation with Adrien is revealed to even include plans for a family. The names of their supposed children are Hugo, Emma, and Louis—all traditional French names. Aside from these, she also appears fond of dogs and especially hamsters.
- She briefly considers a black cat as well, but she rejects the idea.
- Although not having any romantic feelings towards Cat Noir, in the webisode "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette", Marinette reveals that she's aware he may have a crush on her and she admits she might have given him a chance if Adrien hadn't been around.
- More of Marinette's Chinese heritage will be seen in the future.
- Marinette has stolen both Adrien's, Alya's, and Chloé's phones during the series. Ironically, however, both thefts were unintentional and involved her trying to hide a fact from the respective owners.
- Thomas revealed on Twitter that Marinette and Adrien will be seen as a "real couple" at some point in the show.
- In "Gorizilla", she was referred to as Adrien's girlfriend, though in that case, it was due to public misperception.
- During "Oblivio", through their amnesic state Marinette and Adrien briefly become a couple until their memories were restored.
- In "Cat Blanc" they were in a romantic relationship in an alternative future.
- Thomas noted that Marinette would be hard to akumatize, as she is an optimistic person.
- She was almost akumatized in "Zombizou", but her negative emotions faded away before the akuma could infect an object of hers. This is seen again in "Chameleon".
- However, in "Ladybug (episode)" she was infected with a Scarlet Akuma but the akumatization stopped to Catalyst's (Nathalie's) sickness from the Peacock Miraculous.
- Marinette was almost akumatized in an alternate future seen in "Cat Blanc", but Cat Noir used Cataclysm on the akuma.
- Following Kagami, Marinette is the only other person that knows that Adrien has a crush on another girl. But like Kagami she is unaware that Adrien is in love with Ladybug, who is her alter ego.
- In "Cat Blanc", in an alternative timeline, Marinette and all of Earth's inhabitants are cataclysmed and killed by the titular villain's Cataclysm Sphere.
- This fact is erased from reality after Ladybug goes back in time to stop her past self from writing her name on the letter that led Adrien to discover her secret identity.
- Her responsibilities as a superhero not only include fighting akumatized villains but also patrolling and many other things.
- Marinette is the third known person of French origins to wield the Ladybug Miraculous, succeeding her predecessors, Jeanne d'Arc and La Coccinelle.
- Also, Marinette is the second person of Chinese origins to wield the Ladybug Miraculous, succeeding her predecessor Piáo Chóng.
- During a Q&A on January 15, 2019, Jeremy Zag confirmed Ladybug and Cat Noir will reveal their identities and that it is already written.
- This is done in "Oblivio", however, they were under the case of amnesia from the villain and had forgotten about the reveal once Ladybug restored everything with Miraculous Ladybug.
- In an alternative future seen in "Cat Blanc" Adrien discovered her identity and revealed hisf to her later.
- According to Santa Claus in "Christmaster", as her alter ego Ladybug, Marinette is the most well-behaved kid in the world.
- In "Backwarder", Marinette was chosen by Master Wang Fu to become the next guardian of the Miracle Box if something happens to him.
- She, as Ladybug, has told Cat Noir numerous times that she is in love with another boy, but she refuses to tell his name to Cat Noir, claiming that their identities must remain secret.
- Marinette is right-handed, but this changes depending on animation errors. During "Guitar Villain" for example:
- In "Mr. Pigeon", Marinette's secret place of inspiration is the Trocadéro.
- In the webisode "Marinette in Paris", Marinette says that her favorite monument is the Eiffel Tower.
- In the Korean and French dubs of "The Pharaoh", Alya says that Ladybug might be a 9th grader, while in the English dub of the episode she says she might be a 10th grader.
- Marinette is naturally flexible, being even more flexible as Ladybug because of her enhanced physical abilities.
- Marinette sleeps with her pigtails on as seen in the opening of "The Bubbler" and the ending of "The Pharaoh".
- In "Reverser", Marinette attends art club along with Rose Lavillant, Alix Kubdel, Juleka Couffaine, Nathaniel Kurtzberg and Marc Anciel.
- In "Oblivio" Marinette's ID number is revealed to be 01234567890.
- This is probably a place holder number.
- In "Sandboy", Marinette's greatest fears is Adrien being in love with Chloé and losing her powers as Ladybug, rendering her as a useless superhero, thus, being unable to save the day.
- Marinette has her own official Instagram account. You can find her under the username @marinettedesigned.
- In one of her Instagram pictures according to Marinette, she drew her first fashion design ever when she was 5 or 6 years old.
- In another one she mentions that she used to have a fear of getting lost in the Metro when she was younger.
- She used to do dance lessons with her father.
- In another picture Marinette mentions that she occasional takes part in taste testing her father's recipes.
- She sometimes meditates in the morning with her mother.
- She also created her signature flower design years ago.
- She always keeps a sewing kit in her school bag.
- As mentioned in "Ikari Gozen," Marinette's Chinese Zodiac sign is a Snake.
- With Marinette's Chinese Zodiac sign as the snake, while Kagami says that she is a dragon. This could mean that Kagami is a year older than Marinette and Adrien. The most recent years of the snake are 2001 and 2013, while the recent years of the dragon have been 2000 and 2012; hinting that Marinette was born in 2001.
- This may also be a nod to the fact, that both of her love interests (Luka Couffaine and Adrien Agreste) will wield/wielded the Snake Miraculous which is revealed in "Desperada".
- In the French Dub, the line was changed to mentioned her Western zodiac sign, Leo.
- As of Season 3, Marinette holds the record for the most miraculous used on one person being the Ladybug, Cat, Dragon, Mouse and Fox Miraculouses.
- She holds the record for the most fusion forms with Dragon Bug, Multifox, Multicat and Multibug.
- As of the "Battle of the Miraculous", her current Ladybug form, her Lady Noir form in "Reflekdoll", her Multimouse and fusion forms in "Kwamibuster" and her Dragon Bug form all of Marinette's future forms are revealed.
- Lady Noir was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic-Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018.
- Marinette's role as the future holder of the Cat Miraculous was foreshadowed in the second opening. In which she was shown with cat ears, snout, whiskers and tail.
- She is the first known female character to wield the Cat Miraculous.
- She is also the second person of Chinese origins to wield the Cat Miraculous succeeding Hei Mao.
- She is also the second person of French origins to wield the Cat Miraculous succeeding her partner.
- She is also the second person of Chinese origins to wield the the Dragon Miraculous succeeding Hua Mulan.
- Lady Noir's nickname "She-Cat Noir" given by Reflekta is a reference to She-Hulk from Marvel Comics.
- Lady Noir's name translates to "Black Lady".
- Multimouse was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic-Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018, in Brazil.
- According to Marinette/Ladybug in "Kwamibuster", if her secret identity would be revealed, she would have to give up Tikki and her Ladybug Miraculous. Also, as seen in the mirage of Multimouse and Ladybug, if someone else reveals their secret identity in front of anyone who is not Ladybug and/or Master Fu, Ladybug would not be able to give them the Miraculous they use again.
- According to Master Fu, Marinette is the first person in history to be able to mentally and physically handle wearing sixteen Miraculouses at once, something that even makes Wayzz recognizes that she is special.
- Marinette is the first person to become a guardian in almost 200 years.
- She is the second known person to become a Miraculous holder and a Guardian following Master Fu.
- Multifox was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic-Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018.
- Dragon Bug was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic-Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018.
Click here to view the gallery.