|This article is about the main protagonist Ladybug. You may be looking for another Ladybug.|
|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from episodes that may not have aired in the US yet.
|“||Let me make this promise to you. No matter who wants to harm you, Ladybug and Cat Noir will do everything in our power to keep you safe!||”|
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is one of the main protagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France and a budding fashion designer. With the Ladybug Miraculous, when inhabited by Tikki, Marinette transforms into the superheroine Ladybug, gaining the power of creation to stop Hawk Moth and his akumatized villains. She is also the leader of the French Miraculous superhero team.
In “Ladybug”, after being expelled from school, Marinette was akumatized by Scarlet Moth into Princess Justice. However, her akumatization was interrupted because of Nathalie Sancoeur's illness and thus was never completed.
Marinette is a half French (by her father's side) and half Chinese (by her mother's side) teenage girl with medium-length black hair with blue reflections that is always seen tied back in two pigtails and bluebell eyes. She also has light freckles on both sides and the bridge of her nose. She is also shown to stand at an average height.
Marinette wears a dark gray blazer with rolled-up sleeves; the inside of the blazer is lined in white with pink polka dots and it has black trimming. Underneath, she wears a white t-shirt with black stitching and a flower design below the collar. The design itself has pink flowers and black leaves. She wears pink rolled up jeans and pink ballet flats with dark red soles. She wears eyeliner around her eyes and sports black earrings that also serve as her Miraculous when Tikki inhabits them. She often wears a light pink purse with a thin black strap over her right shoulder.
As Ladybug, her hair becomes a slightly darker shade of blue. She wears a red skintight bodysuit covered in black spots and with a black collar/turtleneck. According to Marinette in "Marinette's Double Life", her suit is made out of indestructible fabric. When not in use, she keeps her yo-yo around her hips with a red string. On her face is a red mask with five black spots that are in a symmetrical design and the waterlines of her eyes are colored black. Her earrings are red with five black spots in a quincunx pattern and the bands holding her hair back become red ribbons, resembling a ladybug's wings when it's flying.
As Lady NoirThe costume of Lady Black is very similar to that of Cat Noir; she wears a black catsuit with fluorescent green accents on her knees, forearms, waist and neck. She has black gloves on her forearms with claws and a fluorescent green band that goes down a bit and a black ball, her black collar is a little open at the neck and has a fluorescent green band that goes down to the poiterine and a black ball in the lower part of the neck. Around the waist, a black belt with a fluorescent green band in the middle at the right leg a black button with a fluo green cat and fluorescent green son with a black ball hanging. Her black fluoe-green boots go all the way up to the knee, have a small flowing green band in the heel and end with small black wedges. Her hair is jet black and braided and long enough to touch the ground, which makes them look like a tail, which are supported by a black two-wire ball fluo green at the end of each a black feather. She also has cat ears on her head, like Cat Noir, with fluorescent green accents. Her eyes become green and feline with green sclerotia, lighter green irises and oblong pupils. She is wearing a black mask.
Marinette is a bit awkward, sweet, outgoing, joyful, and clumsy girl who loves fashion, her friends, family, and her crush, Adrien Agreste. Despite her outgoing and empathetic personality, Marinette struggles with self-confidence and self-esteem. In a situation, she deems urgent, like doing something for Adrien or losing something that will expose her secret identity, she becomes very nervous, awkward, and quick to panic. She's very helpful and is willing to help those who have insecurities, such as; Juleka Couffaine who thought she had a "class photo curse" and Marc Anciel who was too afraid to share his creative writing. However, opposed to that strength, Marinette herself losses confidence just by approaching her crush, Adrien, when in contact with a really big celebrity, or if she thinks others do greater success compared to herself. Marinette cares deeply for other people, usually putting their feelings and interests even before her own, in some cases at a personal cost. Despite being genuinely kind, she has her limits, such as in "The Evillustrator" when she gets irritated with Chloé Bourgeois to the point that she refuses to continue guarding her from the Evillustrator as Ladybug.
Marinette can act impulsively and irrationally at times, as shown when she tried to deflect the false accusation of "stealing" Chloé's bracelet onto others who are also innocent. She also expresses jealousy whenever other girls such as Chloé or Lila Rossi flirt with Adrien, sometimes causing her to act irrationally, even abusing her powers as Ladybug to keep them away. However, she tends to learn from her mistakes and become a more open-minded, understanding person. Although she is absent-minded and acts before thinking at times, Marinette is clever, showing when she hid her signature in her hat when Chloé stole her design, thus exposing her. Furthermore, she is willing to do several risky tasks in order to protect her identity and image, like stealing Adrien's phone in "Copycat" to erase an embarrassing message she accidentally left on it. Thanks to her confidence as Ladybug, she's gotten more calm and comfortable around Adrien as herself, like as seen in "Gorizilla" when she helps him get away from a swarm of fans and talks to him more fluently.
In "Frightningale", according to Clara Nightingale, Marinette has a pure heart. Adrien also claims that she is funnier than Ladybug. She also takes her image and Miraculous powers as Ladybug very seriously, getting annoyed at Chloé playing her alter ego in Clara Nightingale’s music video and becoming a little angered in "Anansi" when Nora doubted her abilities. Also in "Queen Wasp", when she got angry at Chloé as Ladybug for using her powers to create a fake accident which could have led to a serious one. She also takes advice from others very well whether it's family or friends seen in "Malediktator", "Heroes' Day" and other episodes.
In "Oblivio", despite Marinette being amnesiac from effects of Oblivio's powers, she is still quick-witted or as Adrien describes "she is always able to come up with the right plan at the right time", outsmarting Oblivio while the villain was looking for her and Adrien.
As Ladybug, Marinette retains many of her alter ego's characteristics, but she is much stronger. Her confidence and bravery come out more prominently. Her quick-thinking, resourcefulness, and wits are more obvious, especially when she is figuring out how to utilize her Lucky Charm. Marinette strives to rescue everyone, including those akumatized by Hawk Moth. No matter the difficulty of her tasks, she does everything in her power to set things right while keeping up with her everyday responsibilities, like designing something or working in the bakery. Like Cat Noir, Ladybug is clever with her words and occasionally enjoys making puns. She has a more serious side when fighting against Hawk Moth's villains, as opposed to Cat Noir's laid back and goofy personality. At times, she enjoys teasing him and others, while she can get exasperated, she handles joking calmly. Marinette as Ladybug, is more cautious and careful than Cat Noir sometimes needing to restrain or stop him from doing hasty acts seen in several episodes. According to Cat Noir, in "Volpina", Ladybug can be stubborn at times when she wasn't easily convinced that Adrien was safe even finding it irresistible.
As her alter ego, Marinette strives to keep her personal and superhero lives separate to protect herself, the people she knows, or is close to. She is also great at giving advice to others when they need it. With her greater confidence, she aims to be honest with others in other ways, like her honesty with Cat Noir about not having romantic feelings for him. In "Mayura", she also acknowledges that good things come by doing good actions and that not all problems can be solved by wishing them away, especially at the expense of hurting the innocent.
She is aware that there is a line between justice and revenge seen in "Silencer". And that honesty and justice don't mean anything if you're pressured into doing it like as Ladybug she didn't pressure Bob to tell the truth about him stealing everything from Kitty Section but waited until he admitted everything himself across TV also showing she is very patient.
As time went on during rare occasions as Ladybug, she can act hasty at times when she's in a rush to do something or multiple things at one time seen in "Gamer 2.0". And yet, at the same time she is more open about personal problems and seeking advice from others like Cat Noir in "The Puppeteer 2".
While working with other Miraculous holders as team leader, she doesn't see them as sidekicks but as friends. Extremely valuing their support and help, however, Ladybug is saddened that she has to suspend those who do a great job but at the cost of having their identities revealed to Hawk Moth like Chloé and Kagami. But she does it in a caring and considerate way letting them know she does it to protect them and their loved ones.
As Lady Noir, Marinette retains most of personality as Ladybug like her cautiousness and creativity. As well as gaining her partner's sense of humor, cunning and charm with him believing that she's the one wearing the clown suit.
As a civilianFor a list of things made by Marinette, see the List of Marinette's creations.
Marinette has talent in fashion design as she is able to sketch ideas in a notebook after getting inspired by certain surroundings or topics, and sewing by hand or with a machine. Using computer software to create graphic designs is also an ability she possesses for creating things, such as albums covers. She wears her own creations like her little purse and also makes things for others, such as the bakery's logo, Adrien's scarf and Jagged Stone's glasses. Her skills in this field are exceptional for an amateur, such as when her pigeon-styled derby hat that she made was good enough to be recognized by the famous professional designer, Gabriel Agreste, despite the fact that she had never made one before. As mentioned in the webisode "Marinette and Fashion", she wants to be a fashion designer and have her own brand one day.
Marinette is also very skilled at video games, easily beating Max at Ultimate Mecha Strike III and getting the highest score in the entire school. Marinette has high stamina, endurance, and agility, even in her civilian form, as displayed in "Timebreaker". Marinette can also run long distances without stopping, as seen in several episodes. Marinette is naturally flexible, being even more flexible as Ladybug because of her enhanced physical abilities.[] She is also quite good at ice-skating. She is also quite stealthy, as she frequently sneaks up on Adrien and other people without being noticed.
Marinette is also very clever and uses her wit and resourcefulness to solve problems in many difficult situations shown in several episodes.
As complemented by Adrien in "Despair Bear ", Marinette is an excellent dancer and baker. In "Riposte ", Marinette has good reflexes, being on par with Adrien despite fencing for the first time. In "Syren", she makes "magicroons" for Tikki containing all the power ups from Miraculous spellbook. Also in “Bakerix”, she knows both approaches, modern and traditional, on baking, as well as how to handle cooking facilities.
Ladybug has much more enhanced skills; speed, agility, and strength that she is almost invulnerable to physical damage. She has remarkable talent with wielding her yo-yo, like using it as a grappling hook, a rope to restrain others, a projectile, and even a shield if she spins it fast enough. After an evil akuma is released from its corrupted object, she can open her yo-yo, throw it to grab it, and remove the energy-charged it with, releasing it as a normal butterfly. She is skilled in hand to hand combat when fighting villains or Cat Noir when he ends up being controlled by one. Similar to a real ladybug, she can climb up surfaces without her yo-yo since in "Stormy Weather", "Zombizou" and "Frightningale". Her yo-yo can also work as a breathing apparatus for those who can't breathe underwater like herself in "Reverser". Even out of "Aqua Mode", Marinette is a good swimmer.
Her special power, Lucky Charm, helps her by summoning an object that she uses to achieve her objective, it often being to stop a villain. Though usually confused at first, her creativity and cleverness help enable her to perceive where the object can be used to help her achieve her goal, thinking up ideas and plans on her own.  However, Lucky Charm drains her power and reverts her back to Marinette shortly afterward, so she has to use it wisely. Once the villain is dealt with, Ladybug can throw her Lucky Charm object into the air and use the Miraculous Ladybug, which will make it revert back to energy and fix all of the damage done since the villain was created.
When accessing her aqua powers, Ladybug has the ability to breathe underwater and enhanced swimming capabilities.
When accessing her ice powers, Ladybug has the ability to move freely and quickly on the ice with her ice skates.
As Lady Noir
She has the same abilities as her partner Cat Noir, such as more enhanced skills; like speed, agility, and strength that she is almost invulnerable to physical damage. Enhanced senses such as hearing, smell, night vision, and super stealth like a cat.
Along with her special power, Cataclysm, that allows her to negatively affect anything that she touches with her ring hand. While it is usually used to destroy objects, used for a variety of different effects, like causing a bus' controls to go haywire or creating a platform in a structure. However, using Cataclysm drains her Miraculous' power, causing her to revert back to Marinette typically five minutes afterwards, so she has to use it wisely.Like Cat Noir she too can use her staff efficiently, wielding it as a sword, throwing it with great precision and having it be deflected back to him, being able to spin it at high speeds to form a shield, and taking advantage of its duplication and length-changing features. To travel long distances, she uses her staff and its variety in length to vault over obstacles. Her staff can also work as a breathing apparatus for those who can't breathe underwater like herself.
= Gender Unknown
- The lineage of Sabine Cheng's parents and uncle is uncertain.
- In China, wives do not usually take on their husband's surname, keeping their own. Children usually take the father's surname.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Bubbler":||Appears||14. "Princess Fragrance":||Appears|
|2. "Mr. Pigeon":||Appears||15. "Ladybug & Cat Noir":||Appears|
|3. "Stormy Weather":||Appears||16. "Stoneheart":||Appears|
|4. "Timebreaker":||Appears||17. "Animan":||Appears|
|5. "Copycat":||Appears||18. "Simon Says":||Appears|
|6. "The Pharaoh":||Appears||19. "Pixelator":||Appears|
|7. "Lady Wifi":||Appears||20. "Guitar Villain":||Appears|
|8. "The Evillustrator":||Appears||21. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|9. "Rogercop":||Appears||22. "Gamer":||Appears|
|10. "Dark Cupid":||Appears||23. "Reflekta":||Appears|
|11. "Horrificator":||Appears||24. "The Puppeteer":||Appears|
|12. "Darkblade":||Appears||25. "Antibug":||Appears|
|13. "The Mime":||Appears||26. "Volpina":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Santa Claws":||Appears||14. "Frightningale":||Appears|
|2. "The Collector":||Appears||15. "Syren":||Appears|
|3. "Prime Queen":||Appears||16. "Zombizou":||Appears|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Appears||17. "Frozer":||Appears|
|5. "Riposte":||Appears||18. "Style Queen":||Appears|
|6. "Befana":||Appears||19. "Troublemaker":||Appears|
|7. "Robostus":||Appears||20. "Queen Wasp":||Appears|
|8. "The Dark Owl":||Appears||21. "Reverser":||Appears|
|9. "Gigantitan":||Appears||22. "Anansi":||Appears|
|10. "Glaciator":||Appears||23. "Malediktator":||Appears|
|11. "Sapotis":||Appears||24. "Sandboy":||Appears|
|12. "Gorizilla":||Appears||25. "Catalyst":||Appears|
|13. "Captain Hardrock":||Appears||26. "Mayura":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Chameleon":||Appears||?. "Reflekdoll":||Appears|
|2. "Animaestro":||Appears||?. "Desperada":||Appears|
|3. "Bakerix":||Appears||?. "Startrain":||Will Appear|
|4. "Backwarder":||Appears||?. "Kwamibuster":||Will Appear|
|5. "Gamer 2.0":||Appears||?. "Feast":||Will Appear|
|6. "Weredad":||Appears||?. "Stormy Weather 2":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Appears||?. "Timetagger":||Appears|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Appears||?. "Ikari Gozen":||Appears|
|9. "Miraculer":||Appears||?. "Cat Blanc":||Will Appear|
|10. "Oblivio":||Appears||?. "Félix":||Will Appear|
|11. "Party Crasher":||Appears||?. "Ladybug":||Appears|
|12. "Christmaster":||Appears||25. "Loveater":||Will Appear|
|13. "The Puppeteer 2":||Appears||26. "Miracle Queen":||Will Appear|
|1. "Marinette in Paris":||Appears||15. "Nino":||Appears|
|2. "Marinette and Fashion":||Appears||16. "Max":||Appears|
|3. "Ladybug as seen by Adrien":||Appears||17. "Mylène":||Appears|
|4. "Ladyblog":||Appears||18. "Rose":||Appears|
|5. "Adrien's Double Life":||Appears||19. "Alix":||Appears|
|6. "Marinette and Alya":||Appears||20. "Sabrina":||Appears|
|7. "Marinette's Double Life":||Appears||21. "Ivan":||Appears|
|8. "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette":||Appears||22. "Marinette as seen by Chloé":||Appears|
|9. "My Birthday Party":||Appears||23. "Lila":||Appears|
|10. "Marinette and Adrien":||Appears||? "Chloé as seen by Marinette":||Will Appear|
|11. "Master Fu":||Appears||? "Gabriel":||Will Appear|
|12. "Tikki":||Appears||? "Nathaniel & Marc":||Will Appear|
|13. "Plagg":||Appears||? "Kagami as seen by Marinette":||Unknown|
|Tales from Paris|
|1. "The Notebook":||Appears||4. "Busy Day":||Appears|
|2. "Inspiration":||Appears||5. "Homework Essay":||Appears|
|Miraculous ZAG Chibi|
|1. Rooftop Dinner:||Appears||5. Cutest Cat Fight:||Appears|
|2. Catnip Fragrance:||Appears||6. Fatal Posy:||Appears|
|3. The Chase:||Appears||7. Scarybug:||Appears|
|4. Curiosity Kicked the Cat||Appears||?. NeckRace:||Will Appear|
|"Happy Birthday to You!":||Appears||Miraculous Ladybug OVA:||Will Appear|
|Miraculous film:||Will Appear|
Books and comics
|"Issue 1":||Appears||"Issue 5":||Appears|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 3":||Appears||"Issue 7":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 4":||Appears||"Issue 8":||Will Appear|
|Other Comics & Books|
|Ladybug Artbook:||Appears||Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug:||Will Appear|
|Miraculous: Tales of Cat Noir:||Unknown||Tales of Miraculous:||Unknown|
|Miraculous (manga):||Will Appear|
|Super Lady Luck:||Appears||Miraculous Mission Ladybug:||Playable|
|Throwdown!:||Appears||Ladybug Contra os Vilões:||Playable|
|Miraculous Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable|
|The Mini Menace Ladybug:||Appears||Ladybug PV:||Appears|
|First CGI promotional videos:||Appears||Korean musical:||Appears|
- The name Marinette has many meanings depending on the different languages:
- In Hebrew, it means "The one who rises" or "brings up"
- In French, it means "the good of people"
- In the English version, the pronunciation of the name Marinette with "mar" as in "marinade" is used, and in French, and other countries, the pronunciation with "mar" as in "marred" is used.
- Marinette's surnames Dupain & Cheng each have meanings to it.
- The French surname Dupain means "of the bread" or "bread" (a reference to her father's job as a baker).
- The Chinese surname Cheng means 成 "completed, finished, succeeded" (成 ) or "sincere, honest, true" (诚).
- However, 'Cheng' in Chinese when used as a surname is usually written as 陈.
- In "Guitar Villain", it could be possible that Marinette is ambidextrous:
- In "Dark Cupid", Alya Césaire mentions that Ladybugs are known to be symbols of good luck, especially in regards to love.
- Thomas Astruc created Ladybug around 2005 when he was exchanging drawings on post-it notes with another worker and made one with the superheroine.
- In the fake comic book covers of The Mini Menace Ladybug, Marinette's name was Marietta.
- Marinette's design has changed over time from the original Ladybug PV version.
- Her anime design included jean shorts,
- As Ladybug, she had a red-orange face mask without black spots and two long red-orange ribbons attached to each pigtail. She also had longer hair and lacked freckles.
- In the PV, Marinette's earrings were always red with five spots, no matter if she was Ladybug or Marinette. She only wore them as a civilian when needing to transform, not having them in public.
- PV Ladybug's costume differs from the CGI Ladybug as well, with PV Ladybug's spots being found only on her torso (her legs and feet were completely red) and wearing a ladybug-themed bag instead of having the yo-yo. PV Ladybug's hair and hair ribbons are also significantly longer than the current version of Ladybug, and she has an ahoge, which means "foolish hair" in Japanese.
- The yo-yo didn't exist; PV Ladybug fought using hand-to-hand combat.
- PV Ladybug was less shy around her crush, as she's able to be very close to Félix Agreste without panicking or being nervous. She even asks him out while slightly blushing and looking right at him, although Félix coldly refuses.
- Marinette's CGI design seems to have gone through a change as well. Earlier footage and images of Marinette included dark blueish-black hair, red tips of hair at the end of her pigtails, and gray eyes.
- In a placeholder animation, Ladybug was seen wielding a sword. Whether or not this was to be used as a new weapon or a Lucky Charm object is unknown.
- During the earlier stages of development, Ladybug wasn't allowed to abuse her powers of good luck, or else something bad would happen to her. As of now, it is unknown if Ladybug still has this issue, since, as seen in "The Bubbler", all that happens when she selfishly uses Lucky Charm is that she runs out of power and loses her transformation.
- Both prototype versions of Marinette have her mask be the last piece of her costume to materialize during her transformation. In the final cartoon, her mask is instead the first piece to materialize.
- Her responsibilities as a superhero not only include fighting akumatized villains but also patrolling and many other things.
- In "Stormy Weather", Marinette's infatuation with Adrien is revealed to even include plans for a family. The names of their supposed children are Hugo, Emma, and Louis—all traditional French names. Aside from these, she also appears fond of dogs and especially hamsters.
- She briefly considers a black cat as well, but she rejects the idea.
- Although not having any romantic feelings towards Cat Noir, in the webisode "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette", Marinette reveals that she's aware he may have a crush on her and she admits she might have given him a chance if Adrien hadn't been around.
- In "Mr. Pigeon", Marinette's secret place of inspiration is the Trocadéro.
- In the Korean and French dubs of "The Pharaoh", Alya says that Ladybug might be a 9th grader, while in the English dub of the episode she says she might be a 10th grader.
- In "The Pharaoh", it is revealed that Ladybug's legacy is over 5,000 years old.
- Marinette is right-handed, but this changes depending on animation errors.
- Marinette is naturally flexible, being even more flexible as Ladybug because of her enhanced physical abilities.
- Marinette has stolen both Adrien's and Alya's phones during the series. Ironically, however, both thefts were unintentional and involved her trying to hide a fact from the respective owners.
- She has also stolen and returned Chloé's phone.
- Marinette sleeps with her pigtails on as seen in the opening of "The Bubbler" and the ending of "The Pharaoh".
- In "Troublemaker", her identity was nearly revealed in front of Cat Noir by the titular character.
- More of Marinette's Chinese heritage will be seen in the future.
- Thomas revealed on Twitter that Marinette and Adrien will be seen as a "real couple" at some point in the show.
- In "Gorizilla", she was referred to as Adrien's girlfriend, though in that case, it was due to public misperception.
- During "Oblivio", through their amnesic state Marinette and Adrien briefly become a couple until their memories were restored.
- In "The Puppeteer", it's revealed that Marinette can whistle.
- A fan asked Thomas why he gave Marinette ballet shoes, to which he jokingly responded with: "Because with ski boots, you end up with stinking feet, and in addition it scratches the floor."
- Thomas confirmed that at some point in the future, Marinette will be seen with her hair down.
- The way she throws her yo-yo in some episodes is similar to a baseball pitcher.
- Marinette's hair color is a homage to old comic books that would use blue highlights on black hair.
- In "Gorizilla", Marinette reveals she hates horror movies.
- Thomas noted that Marinette would be hard to akumatize, as she is an optimistic person.
- She was almost akumatized in "Zombizou", but her negative emotions faded away before the akuma could infect an object of hers.
- This is seen again in "Chameleon".
- However, in "Ladybug (episode)" she got akumatized, but then it was cancelled due to Nathalie's sickness from Peacock Miraculous.
- In "Reverser", Marinette attends art club along with Rose Lavillant, Alix Kubdel, Juleka Couffaine, Nathaniel Kurtzberg and Marc Anciel.
- In "Sandboy", Marinette's greatest fears is Adrien being in love with Chloé and losing her powers as Ladybug, rendering her as a useless superhero, thus, being unable to save the day.
- In the webisode "Marinette in Paris", Marinette says that her favorite monument is the Eiffel Tower.
- Marinette has her own official Instagram account. You can find her under the username, @marinettedesigned.
- In one of her Instagram pictures according to Marinette, she drew her first fashion design ever when she was 5 or 6 years old.
- In another one she mentions that she use to have a fear of getting lost in the Metro when she was younger.
- She used to do dance lessons with her father.
- In another picture Marinette mentions that she occasional takes part in taste testing her father's recipes.
- She also created her signature flower design years ago.
- She also the Eiffel Tower as her source of inspiration when drawing new designs.
- During a Q & A on January 15, 2019, Jeremy Zag confirmed Ladybug and Cat Noir will reveal their identities and that it is already written.
- This is done in "Oblivio", however, they were under the case of amnesia from the villain and had forgotten about the reveal once Ladybug restored everything with Miraculous Ladybug.
- According to Santa Claus in "Christmaster", as her alter ego Ladybug, Marinette is the most well-behaved kid in the world.
- In "Backwarder", Marinette was chosen by Master Wang Fu to become the next guardian of the Miracle Box if something happens to him.
- Following Plagg and Kagami, Marinette in "The Puppeteer 2", is the only other person that knows that Adrien has a crush on another girl. But like Kagami she is unaware that Adrien is in love with Ladybug, who is her alter ego.
- As of recent Season 3 spoilers, Marinette holds the record for the most miraculous used on one person following the Ladybug Miraculous, the Cat Miraculous, the Dragon Miraculous, the Mouse Miraculous and the Fox Miraculous.
- She holds the record for the most fusion forms with Dragon Bug, and Multimouse with Fox Miraculous.
- However, except for her current Ladybug form and her Lady Noir form in "Reflekdoll," all of her other forms have yet to appear.
- As mentioned in "Ikari Gozen," Marinette's Chinese Zodiac sign is a Snake.
- With Marinette's Chinese Zodiac sign as the snake, while Kagami says that she is a dragon. This could mean that Kagami is a year older than Marinette and Adrien. The most recent years of the snake are 2001 and 2013, while the recent years of the dragon have been 2000 and 2012; hinting that Marinette was born in 2001.
- With that and her birthday in October her astrological sign is either a Libra or Scorpio. Because in "Ladybug", a flashback of "Befana" is seen and Adrien mentions of the Fashion Week show in "Style Queen" and "Queen Wasp" meaning that they came before her birthday.
- This may also be a nod to the fact, that both of her love interests (Luka Couffaine and Adrien Agreste) will wield/wielded the Snake Miraculous which is revealed in "Desperada".
- In "Reflekdoll", Marinette is working on a website to show off her designs.
- She is the final person in Miss Bustier's class and the final member of the French Miraculous Superhero team to get akumatized. Her akumatization was also the first one (along with Sabine's) to not be fully completed.
- Lady Noir was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018.
- She is the first known female character to wield the Cat Miraculous.
- Lady Noir's name translates to "Black Lady".
- The black part of her name is a reference to the black suit of the Cat Miraculous and not her heritage.
Click here to view the gallery.