|This article is about a past Ladybug during the Mexican colonial period. You may be looking for Micazoyolin, an Aztec warrior, or another Ladybug.|
La Mariquita is a woman with medium height. She has dark brown skin with black hair wrapped in a bun and green eyes.
As La Mariquita
She wears a red dress with black spots and black lace. She has two rose-shaped accessories, one in her hair, and the other in the upper center of her dress below her neck. La Mariquita also wears knee-high black boots with brown shoelaces and red arm gloves with black spots and black lace. On her face is a red mask with five black spots that are in a symmetrical design.
If this past Ladybug Miraculous holder had the same powers as the current Ladybug, she had enhanced abilities and the superpowers Lucky Charm and Miraculous Ladybug. She also had the yo-yo for a weapon.
- According to Feri González, La Mariquita was born a mestiza (one of her parents was indigenous Mexican while the other was Spaniard) during the times of the Spaniard rule in Mexico.
- She also fought in the Mexican War of Independence.
- She is the second known person of Mexican origin to wield the Ladybug Miraculous, succeeding Micazoyolin.
- Thomas Astruc revealed the character on a tweet he posted for Feri's birthday.
- La Mariquita means "The Ladybug" in Spanish.
- Before the destruction of the Order of the Guardians she was the last of Ladybugs before Marinette.
- Curiously, much like La Mariquita, Marinette is also a mestiza, with her father having Gallic origins and her mother having Chinese origins.
- Since La Mariquita is considered an adult that means she older than 15 which also means that she already had her quinceañera.
- Her superhero name is a reference to the spanish song La Mariquita.