|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for André Bourgeois or Audrey Bourgeois.|
|“||Experiencing loss is a part of life; some people lose their first love... Some lose the harmony in their relationship... Some people lose hope... Others lose patience... While others lose their soul... Some lose their certainties... And some have nothing to lose...||”|
—Marinette Dupain-Cheng, "Heart Hunter"
"Heart Hunter" is the twenty-fifth episode of Season 3 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir, and it is the first part of "The Battle of the Miraculous". Its US premiere was on February 1, 2020 on Netflix.
The Bourgeois couple gets akumatized; Ladybug and Cat Noir faces the Bourgeois couple; Now Hearthunter, a Cerberus with two heads constanly fighting each other, they devour all the love in Paris. Ladybug seeks the help of Master Fu.
The episode begins with Marinette narrating about how everybody experiences different kinds of losses.
As Marinette leaves to deliver some macarons to her parents at the The Grand Paris, she runs into Luka outside. Luka tells her that he's finally found the tune that matches Marinette. He plays it for her and then gives her a ride to Le Grand Paris on his bike.
At The Grand Paris, Andre and Audrey Bourgeois are celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary. Gabriel presents them,via Nathalie, with The Gabriel Couple Cloak he designed himself as a gift for them. The couple put it on and begin to bicker.
Marinette enters the hotel to deliver the macarons to her parents who are catering the celebration. She passes by Adrien, Kagami, Tomoe, and the Gorilla and promptly trips. Kagami and Adrien rush to help her out. After the three of them deliver the macarons, Sabine asks Marinette to take the empty trays; Tom asks her to bring them some drink umbrellas; and Adrien asks if he and Kagami can help her.
As Marinette sets about her tasks, Adrien and Kagami have a mock fencing battle in the kitchen. Tomoe realizes that the children have been gone for a long time and sends the Gorilla to find them. He enters the kitchen; Adrien and Kagami hide; and Marinette innocently asks if he's looking for something. As Marinette starts to head back out to her parents, Adrien and Kagami convince her to escape with them. The three of them escape to the roof as Nathalie is sabotaging Chloe's bee signal. When the Gorilla comes up to the roof, Adrien grabs both of the girls' hands and jumps into the pool, which has been converted into a ball pit, with them. The three of them have fun in in the ball pit. Amidst the fun, Marinette's hair comes out, and Adrien comments that it's the first time he's seen her with her hair down.
Nathalie sneaks to the stairwell and calls Gabriel, telling him phase two is complete. Hawk Moth sends an akuma to the Bourgeois couple.
Adrien starts playing piano on the roof. Marinette proceeds to put her hair back into pigtails when Kagami and Adrien tell her she looks beautiful with her hair down. The Gorilla comes back up to the roof, and Marinette uses her hair elastic to distract him. They then flee the hotel. As the flee, the akuma finds Andre and Audrey, which transforms them both into Heart Hunter, two headed monster who devours love. Chloe runs to the roof to activate her bee signal. After watching her leave, Nathalie transforms into Mayura. She hides on the roof and watches as Chloe discovers her sabotaged bee signal.
After running out of the hotel, Marinette, Adrien, and Kagami happen upon Andre's ice cream care and decide to get some ice cream. Andre proposes three options for the trio and then asks which ice cream combination they will be getting. Adrien and Kagami defer to Marinette's judgment who asks Andre if she can find a blend for the three of them. Andre says that while he can, too many flavors may throw off the balance of the ice cream. Marinette eventually decides on the first combination and leaves Kagami and Adrien to eat their ice cream together.
As Marinette walks back to the hotel, she breaks down in sobs and becomes heartbroken that now the one whom she loved has been loved by another. While heading back to the hotel, she sees Heart Hunter and transforms into Ladybug. Hawk Moth and Mayura watch the battle from a rooftop, hoping Ladybug will seek the Guardian. Ladybug summons her lucky charm and receives a carousel token, telling her to go to the merry-go-round. When she arrives, she sees Master Fu and then notices that Mayura has followed her. She takes off trying to ditch Mayura. When she thinks she has, she returns to the merry-go-round. Master Fu points out that she didn't transform back, but she assures him that she wasn't followed. She takes the Dragon Miraculous. After she leaves, Hawk Moth confronts Fu.
Ladybug gives the Miraculous to Kagami, who laments that she is afraid to hurt Marinette, who is the only friend she has. She is afraid to hurt her if she'll ever pursue Adrien. Ladybug realizes she feels sorry, disappointingly tells that making choices are hard, as Kagami says that they have a job to do as the girls then transform.
Back in Place Des Vostages, Hawk Moth throws Fu to the ground, takes miracle box and asks Fu who Ladybug and Cat Noir are and he'll leave him alone, but Fu refuses and old man transforms into Jade Turtle (despite Wayzz's reluctance and objections to his master due to his old age) and fights Hawk Moth. He actives his Shell-ter, and Hawk Moth and Mayura double team him, causing his shell-ter to crack.
Chloé, seeing that Ladybug already has an ally, becomes upset over the decision. She insists that she needs to save Heart Hunter, because they are her parents.
While Ladybug, Cat Noir and Ryuko fight Heart Hunter, Chloé becomes furious and throws her bee signal off of the roof, losing her hope. Hawk Moth comes and tries to convince Chloé to join him. Chloé is reluctant at first, because he is the one who akumatized her parents. Hawk Moth asks what Ladybug has done for her, since Chloé was the one who trusted Ladybug the most as a fan. Chloé finally agrees, but demands that Hawk Moth deakumatizes her parents first. Hawk Moth accepts these conditions.
Ladybug summons her lucky charm. As she comes up with her plan, Hawk Moth deakumatizes Heart Hunter. Ladybug and Cat Noir save André and Audrey, and Ladybug uses her Miraculous Ladybug to restore the city. Ladybug, Cat Noir and Ryuko are confused with Heart Hunter becomes deakumatized itself. Hawk Moth akumatizes Queen Bee. Kagami gives her back the miraculous. Marinette goes to find Fu to give him back the miraculous, but to her shock, Fu's gone, she becomes worried, but Tikki tells her not to worry, because Master Fu is a very wise, he can be anywhere.
Meanwhile, Adrien finds Kagami and asks what happened. Kagami says that Ladybug took her away because the villain was going after people who were in love. The two begin to kiss.
Back with distraught, Marinette leaves the park. Luka finds her and asks if she is okay. Marinette breaks down crying, explaining that she is "tired of putting up a front all the time". Luka sympathetically walks over and comforts heartbroken Marinette.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Kagami Tsurugi/Ryuko
- Wang Fu/Jade Turtle
- Chloé Bourgeois/Queen Bee/Miracle Queen
- Gabriel Agreste/Hawk Moth
- Nathalie Sancoeur/Mayura
- Audrey Bourgeois/Heart Hunter
- André Bourgeois/Heart Hunter
- Marianne Lenoir (pictured)
- Théo Barbot (background)
- Unnamed maid (background)
- Emilie Agreste
- Luka Couffaine
- Armand D'Argencourt (pictured)
- Tom Dupain
- Alec Cataldi
- Adrien's bodyguard
- Mr. Damocles
- Jagged Stone
- Penny Rolling
- Bob Roth
- Prince Ali's chaperone
- Sabine Cheng
- Tomoe Tsurugi
- Mr. Banana (background)
- Roger Raincomprix
- This episode was originally titled as "Loveater (Battle of the Miraculous - Part 1)" before changing to the current episode's title.
- This is the first time Wang Fu transforms into Jade Turtle.
- Excluding the New York special, this is the last episode (chronologically) that we hear the Ladybug transformation theme that has been used since "Stormy Weather". With a new theme first being used in "Truth".
- This is the second time Marinette is seen with her hair down, following "Cat Blanc".
- However, this is the first time in the current timeline.
- This is the third time the Bourgeois couple are akumatized. However, unlike their previous akumatizations in "Style Queen", "Malediktator", and "Mayura" they get a new villain identity, Heart Hunter.
- Coincidentally, each of these episodes is part of a special.
- This is the fourth time more than one person is akumatized at the same time with the same akuma, following "Sapotis","Oblivio", and "Félix".
- This is the third time two people are akumatized at the same time with the same akuma, following "Sapotis", and "Oblivio".
- This is the first time at least one of the people who are akumatized with the same akuma is not part of the Césaire family.
- This is the fourth time Chloé gets akumatized, following "Antibug", "Queen Wasp" and "Mayura".
- However, unlike her previous akumatizations, Chloé doesn't get akumatized into Antibug or Queen Wasp, but instead into a new villain, Miracle Queen.
- This is the third time that Chloé is akumatized with the activated Bee Miraculous.
- The mistake Marinette makes is that she went to see Master Fu while in costume, allowing Hawk Moth to discover his whereabouts and gaining the Miracle Box.
- She also chooses the Dragon Miraculous to give to Kagami instead of the Bee Miraculous to be given to Chloé for personal reasons, even without Nathalie having to sabotage Chloé's Bee Signal, destroying her trust in Ladybug.
- Ironically, if Marinette had detransformed, then Hawk Moth would've likely discovered her identity leading to both her and Master Fu being in serious trouble.
- This is the second time Hawk Moth removes an akumatized villain's akuma himself, after "Catalyst".
- This episode reveals that Miraculous tools can be akumatized, with Queen Bee's Spinning Top becoming Miracle Queen's akumatized object.
- In "Mayura", it was proven that Miraculous tools could be amokized, as the titular villain actually used the remains of Hawk Moth's cane to form the giant butterfly sentimonster.
- As of this episode, Chloé Bourgeois is now an ally of Hawk Moth and is enemies with Ladybug and Cat Noir willingly.
- As of this episode, Pollen becomes the third kwami being used for evil by her holder without an akuma, following Nooroo and Duusu.
- This is one of the episodes in which Cataclysm was never used.
- However, Ladybug wanted Cat Noir to Cataclysm the street lamp, but since Hawk Moth de-akumatized Heart Hunter, it was never needed.
- This is the second time Hawk Moth doesn't utilize a light mask when akumatizing a villain, following "Cat Blanc", and "Ladybug".
- This is the second time Marinette kissed Luka, following "Frozer".
- The pictures of Ladybug Adrien looks through on his phone are from "Stormy Weather", "Darkblade" and "Copycat".
- This is the third time a visual representation of Marinette's thought process and her strategic planning is shown despite her not being transformed.
- This episode is currently the first one to be the first episode in a two-parter and have an endcard.
- Ladybug tells Cat Noir she can't be in love with him, referencing "Cat Blanc" in which she learnt that their love would lead to the end of the world.
- Hawk Moth's transformation music is changed once again, being different from every previous one.
- Mayura's transformation theme is changed back to the original theme from "Reflekdoll".
- When Cat Noir says that it hurts that Ladybug isn't give him a chance without knowing it he's actually doing the same thing to her by not giving "the guy" she loves a chance to be with her.
- In a few shots, some of the feathers of the Hand Fan are light green.
- When Kagami gives back the Dragon Miraculous to Ladybug, she's wearing her Friendship Day pin on her jacket which she didn't wear for the episode, showing this scene was re-used from "Ikari Gozen".
- The episode uses the old and incorrect title "Loveeater (Battle of the Miraculous - Part 1)" on Netflix.
Click here to view the gallery.