|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
Marinette is stressed because she has a lot of work to do: study for her history test, design Kitty Section shirts, and make a poster for Jagged Stone. Her father invites her to play Ultimate Mecha Strike with him, and although Marinette really wants to, she turns him down since she has so much to do. Dejected, Tom asks Sabine why Marinette must grow up so fast, to which Sabine replies by saying that it’s a part of life. The two decide to play Ultimate Mecha Strike together.
The next day, after finishing her history test, Marinette overhears Max talk about a new video game he designed and invites several of his classmates to test the game with him, though they each turn him down due to various reasons. Marinette is intrigued by the game but, knowing that she still has a ton of other stuff to take care of, she stops Max before he can even ask her, stating that she must resist the temptation before futilely trying to explain why she can’t play with him. Chloé tells Max that the reason no one wants to play his video game is because everyone has a much more interesting life than him — even Marinette. Marinette says that she wasn’t just making excuses not to play with Max but has to take off before she can explain herself. Opening his locker, Max finds Markov and asks him if he’d like to play his new video game, but Markov turns him down since he’s communicating with artificial intelligences to find a solution to global warming. Upset that no one wants to play with him, Max is akumatized by Hawk Moth into Gamer 2.0, who zaps previously akumatized villains into his life-sized video game dimension. While fencing, Adrien notices Kagami and his fencing teacher disappear, so he runs into a bathroom stall and transforms into Cat Noir.
Just as Marinette finishes designing the new Kitty Section T-shirts, all her friends disappear. Gamer 2.0 then comes onto the screen and announces to Ladybug and Cat Noir that all the people who they’d previously saved are trapped in his game and in order to save them again, they must play. Marinette transforms into Ladybug and meets with Cat Noir. Gamer 2.0 then provides each of them with their own pyra-pod. Cat Noir wonders if it’s a trap, but Ladybug assures him that he just wants to play. The two put on their earpieces to keep in touch and enter the pyra-pods, where they are flown into Gamer 2.0’s video game dimension.
- Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug
- Adrien Agreste/Cat Noir
- Hawk Moth
- Max Kanté/Gamer 2.0
- Jagged Stone (mentioned/pictured)
- Jean Duparc (background)
- Manon Chamack/Puppeteer
- Nadja Chamack/Prime Queen
- Tom Dupain/Weredad
- Sabine Cheng
- Nino Lahiffe/Bubbler
- Alya Césaire/Lady Wifi
- Caline Bustier/Zombizou
- Ivan Bruel/Stoneheart
- Nathaniel Kurtzberg/Evillustrator
- Lê Chiến Kim/Dark Cupid
- Rose Lavillant/Princess Fragrance
- Juleka Couffaine/Reflekta
- Lila Rossi/Volpina
- Ondine (mentioned)
- Alix Kubdel/Timebreaker
- Marc Anciel/Reverser
- Mylène Haprèle/Horrificator
- Chloé Bourgeois/Antibug
- Sabrina Raincomprix/Vanisher
- Mr. Damocles/Dark Owl
- Roger Raincomprix/Rogercop
- Adrien's bodyguard/Gorizilla
- Xavier Ramier/Mr. Pigeon
- Fred Haprèle/Mime
- Kagami Tsurugi/Riposte
- Armand D'Argencourt/Darkblade
- Stormy Weather
- Kung Food
- Style Queen
- Santa Claws
- Despair Bear
- Mrs. Michelle
- Prince Ali (mentioned)
- This is the third time Max gets akumatized into Gamer, following “Gamer” and "Catalyst".
- This episode shows the most akumatized villains at one time, though only Max was actually akumatized.
- This episode also currently holds the record for most akumatized villains shown in one episode, with 43.
- This episode shows Ladybug "wearing" the Cat Miraculous, but her costume didn't change at all due to the ring being part of the game
- While she did use Cataclysm, she did not use the Ultimate Power gained when possessing both the Cat and Ladybug Miraculous. Which is understandable because Ladybug doesn't know the incantation to activate said power, nor would it have worked due to the ring being part of the game.
- As she possesses Volpina's flute, she's able to use the Mirage power (possessed by both Volpina and Rena Rouge) to make copies of herself.
- Also, this is the first time Ladybug uses either Cataclysm and Mirage.
- This episode features Desperada's appearance and her akumatized object before her actual debut.
- It also shows Weredad before his official episode debut, though this episode was released after "Weredad" internationally.
- This episode features what appears to be a red laser beam whose akumatized villain of origin has not yet been confirmed.
- Animan, Guitar Villain, Magician of Misfortune, Simon Says, The Collector, Robostus, Captain Hardrock, Syren, Frozer, Queen Wasp, Malediktator, Catalyst, Rena Rage, Shell Shock, Chameleon, Animaestro, Backwarder, Silencer and Christmaster are all akumatized villains who did not appear on the characters selection screen or in the final stages of the game.
- Queen Wasp, Rena Rage, Shell Shock, Chameleon, Oblivio appear as the victims alternative akumatized form.
- Despite Markov disappearing, Robostus did not appear in the selection screen.
- Despite Mark Anciel disappearing, Reverser did not appear in the selection screen. However, Gamer is able to take his form.
- Despite appearing on the selection screen, Bubbler does not make a physical appearance for the entire episode.
- This is the second time Ladybug and Cat Noir have used their ear communicators, with the previous time being "The Dark Owl".
- This is one of the few times Ladybug uses the Miraculous Ladybug (superpower) before purifying the akuma.
- It's revealed that Sabine knows how to play Robo Mecha Strike III.
- Despite losing the battles of Befana vs Dark Owl and Copycat vs Puppeteer, Ladybug was shown to have access to their power sources in the final stage, with the exception of Copycat.
- Antibug's mask is missing when she’s in the arena.
- Weredad's hair is miscolored white in the selection screen.
- Zombizou's hair is miscolored white.
- Lady Wifi's bangs are miscolored red before the fight between Timebreaker begins.
- Despite Cat Noir choosing the character of Anansi, Ladybug's face is shown as the 1st Player's picture on the screen.
- After losing the battle of Mr. Pigeon vs Dark Cupid, Dark Cupid doesn't have his wings and the brooch is still on his chest.
- When timebreaker in the arena, she doesn't have her both eyes.
Click here to view the gallery.