|Major Spoiler Warning|
This page contains major spoilers from an episode(s) that has not aired in the US yet.
Their current purpose is to defeat Hawk Moth and his Akumatized villains and Mayura and her Sentimonsters, to prevent them from taking the Ladybug Miraculous and the Cat Miraculous. The heroes also seek to recover the Butterfly Miraculous and the Peacock Miraculous.
- 1 History
- 2 System
- 3 Secret identities
- 4 Members
- 5 Allies
- 6 Enemies
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
In "Ladybug & Cat Noir", when Master Wang Fu and Wayzz figured out that the Butterfly Miraculous was being used for evil, he decided that he would need help in stopping its user. To find suitable users, he went into the streets and tested people by pretending to be feeble and needing help. Marinette pulled him across the street and out of the way of a rushing vehicle, while Adrien handed him his cane and helped him stand up from the ground, despite the sacrifices both teenagers made to assist him. Afterwards, Wang sneaked the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous in tiny chests into their respective rooms.
Adrien and Marinette opened the chests, unleashing the Miraculouses' kwamis. Tikki and Plagg explained their powers, Hawk Moth's akumatization, and the need to save Paris to Marinette and Adrien respectively. Adrien eagerly accepted the responsibility to become Cat Noir, while Marinette reluctantly transformed into Ladybug. The heroes met up while testing their new abilities, and both figured out how to stop Stoneheart, not without some mistakes and complications along the way. Ladybug gained confidence in herself, while Cat Noir became smitten with her. However, Ladybug forgot to purify the akuma, leading it to multiply and transform many people into frozen copies of Stoneheart. Crestfallen, Marinette decided she wasn't meant to be a superhero, taking off the Ladybug earrings.
Marinette attempted to give the Ladybug Miraculous to Alya at school by sneaking it into her bag in "Stoneheart", but she didn't discover it before rushing off to see the re-akumatized Stoneheart. Trying to get Alya's bag to her, Marinette witnessed Cat Noir being overtaken by the Stoneheart copies and Alya being pinned to a building by a thrown car. Desperate to save them, Marinette put the Ladybug Miraculous on again and transformed into Ladybug. She saved both Alya and Cat Noir, and took responsibility for failing to stop Stoneheart when she was called out by Roger Raincomprix. Cat Noir cheered her up by reminding her that she had saved lives, but before more could be accomplished, an image of Hawk Moth appeared, comprised of akumas. He demanded Ladybug and Cat Noir to give up, but she argued back about his villainous deeds and the heroes' intention to stop him. With Cat Noir's help, Ladybug purified all of the akumas, saved Ivan and Mylène, and returned Paris back to normal with Miraculous Ladybug. Ladybug and Cat Noir split ways, with the latter admitting he can't wait to see her again soon.
After their origins, the duo continued to fight any civilians that Hawk Moth akumatizes into villains by exploiting the negative emotions caused by specific individuals such as Chloé and even themselves accidentally, along with doing heroic acts outside of fighting like protecting the mayor's daughter. While Cat Noir developed romantic feelings for Ladybug, she only saw him as a friend and a partner, due to her having a crush in her civilian life. Some notable events include the temporary death of Cat Noir in "Timebreaker", Marinette almost having conflicts with Cat Noir and finding out about past Ladybug Miraculous holders in "The Pharaoh" indirectly with Alya's help, and meeting Wang Fu as a healer for Tikki without finding out his role with the Miraculouses in "Princess Fragrance". During "Lady Wifi" and "Simon Says" there had been heavy suspicions about their secret identities along with almost losing their Miraculouses, but the team managed to conquer these events.
Things began to change for the team in "Volpina" when Adrien unknowingly found the Miraculous spellbook in a safe in his father's atelier with Plagg's help. He took the book from the safe, and it was eventually stolen by Marinette and Tikki for the latter's concern. Taking the book to Wang Fu's massage shop, Marinette officially met Master Wang Fu, the last guardian of the Miraculouses.
In "The Collector", Marinette and Fu concluded that whoever was in possession of the book had to be Hawk Moth as it was stolen along with the Butterfly and Peacock Miraculouses during the destruction of the temple of the Order of the Guardians.
After wondering if it was Adrien, Marinette suspected Gabriel was the true culprit as he's an eccentric artist who never leaves his home and after learning that he owned the book. However, Gabriel threw them off by akumatizing himself, which the heroes and Wang didn't know was possible. Once she and Cat Noir defeated Gabriel's akumatized form, Marinette returned to book to Gabriel after Wang took pictures of it with his phone in order to rescind Adrien from his grounding. Like the rest of the previous holders, Marinette received a kwagatama from Tikki on her birthday in "Befana", symbolizing their friendship. Sometime afterwards, as mentioned in "Sapotis", Wang Fu teaches Marinette about the other Miraculouses and everything he learned from the spellbook.
In "Robostus", Ladybug and Cat Noir heard Robostus declare that he wanted their Miraculouses to grant his wish of being human, and they later realized that the ability to make a wish is also what Hawk Moth wants. Later, Marinette asked Wang Fu about it, who explained that the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous together (along with a using a special invocation) can grant a person's wish and alter reality. However, in order to keep the universe in balance, there is a price to pay for each wish; for example, if Robostus had wished to be human, someone else would've lost their humanity in turn. With the new knowledge, Marinette determinedly vowed to keep her Miraculous and Cat Noir's Miraculous from ending up in anyone's hands, including Hawk Moth's.
During "The Dark Owl", both heroes continued their duties outside of combat, such as helping the hero fan, Mr. Damocles from falling from a tree. However, in an attempt to make his dream come true Mr. Damocles was eventually akumatized into Dark Owl after he got humiliated. As Dark Owl, he trapped Ladybug and Cat Noir in order to force them to hand over their Miraculouses. Ladybug tricked him by apparently giving their jewels, and as part of this plan, Ladybug and Cat Noir de-transformed while keeping their eyes closed. Tikki and Plagg discovered each other's partner's secret identity, but they kept quiet on their new knowledge.
Sometime later, during "Glaciator", both Marinette and Cat Noir both admit to each other that they have relationship problems. When the two heroes meet again, this time with Marinette as Ladybug, Cat Noir treated her coldly but later forgave her afterwards. Once the mission was over, Ladybug said that she was in love with someone else but she considered him a close friend and a partner. As for Marinette, she discovers that the hero's feelings for her alter ego is very real and yet they remain hopeful of each other's love.
When Ladybug and Cat Noir faced Sapotis, duplicating akumatized villains which caused chaos throughout Paris but were too many for the duo to defeat alone, Ladybug gets the idea from her Lucky Charm object, a teapot, to seek Wang Fu for help. When Wang realizes that she and Cat Noir need the help of another Miraculous holder to succeed, albeit reluctant about any Miraculouses being taken out in fear of them falling into the wrong hands. He gave Marinette permission to choose one, giving it to a trustworthy person, and have the person return it to her after the villain's defeat. After careful consideration, Marinette takes the Fox Miraculous, and as Ladybug, gives it to Alya while making her promise to hand it back to her afterwards. Alya transforms into Rena Rouge, and with her assistance and quick-thinking despite being new at the job, the heroes stopped Sapotis. Although she is initially reluctant to give up the the Fox Miraculous, she returns it to Ladybug. Then, Marinette returns the Miraculous to Wang, who congratulates her for making a wise choice. Meanwhile, Hawk Moth figures out that a guardian has to be in Paris like he predicted because of the Fox Miraculous' appearance.
Unbeknownst to Adrien, by studying Cat Noir's picture, Gabriel believes that his son is Cat Noir in "Gorizilla" and even akumatizes Adrien's bodyguard to investigate. By having Wayhem, a fan, act as his double, Adrien was able to fool him and keep his identity safe.
In "Frightningale" and "Troublemaker", Marinette faced a similar problem when she accepted Clara's offer to play to her alter ego in Clara's video almost revealing herself until Chloé cancelled the shoot and when Troublemaker took one of Ladybug's earrings almost revealing herself to Cat Noir until she retrieved her earring.
During the events of "Syren", Cat Noir and Ladybug were able to use the other transformation abilities of their kwamis through the Miraculous spellbook to access Aqua Mode for the first time. Cat Noir also struggled with Ladybug who was hiding secrets from him, but after Adrien and Wang Fu officially meet he thanks her for keeping her promise. Gabriel also became more determined to find the guardian.
In "Anansi", as the duo fought against the titular villain who kidnapped Alya. They found out that she was too strong for them to handle alone with help from Ladybug's Lucky Charm object, which is a candle. She sought out Master Fu for help while Nino held off Anansi. Arriving at his shop, Marinette explained the situation as before he allowed her Marinette to pick a Miraculous along with a trusted ally. Knowing they needed extra protection, she chose Master Wang's Turtle Miraculous and knew of the right person to give it to. As Ladybug, she gave it to Nino under the condition that it must be returned after Anansi's defeat. After Nino transforms into Carapace, with his Shell-ter power the trio was able to save Alya and defeat Anansi. After the mission, Nino returned the Turtle Miraculous to Ladybug and she returned it to Master Wang. However, Hawk Moth notices that the heroes are increasing in allies but has something more sinister planned for them.
In "Sandboy", The kwamis in the Miracle Box attempt to contact Nooroo on his birthday, but instead contact Hawk Moth, so now he knows the existence of the other kwamis and seeks to enslave them all. More information about the kwamis is revealed. For example, the active kwamis bring gifts of all kinds from their owner's home to share with the inactive kwamis, and that all kwamis are put under a magic spell that prevent them from saying their wielder's real names to other kwamis.
During Fashion Week in "Style Queen", Chloé's mom Audrey Bourgeois makes an appearance for the show meanwhile Gabriel Agreste is below his mansion talking to someone which is revealed to be his wife who has an unspecified condition, and is the reason he wants the Miraculouses in the first place. As the show started, Audrey was akumatized into Style Queen, Hawk Moth's masterpiece. To make matters worse, Adrien becomes the villainess' first victim, leaving Ladybug to fight on her own. When she tells Master Fu what happened, Marinette is greeted by Plagg, who has already told him.
Plagg offered to help her, but he said it was out of the question and allowed Marinette to pick a Miraculous, along with a trusted ally. Returning to the Eiffel Tower, Ladybug finds Alya and offers her the Bee Miraculous, but was attacked before she could use it. She was on her own and cornered until Plagg arrived and saved her with Cataclysm, (which reveals that kwamis can use their owner's abilities) leading to Style Queen's defeat and Hawk Moth losing hope. Meanwhile back at the fashion show, Tikki reminded Marinette of the Bee Miraculous and realized it's missing, but unbeknownst to her it was found by Chloé who opens it and is greeted by Pollen.
During the events of "Queen Wasp", Gabriel loses hope to the point where he relinquishes Nooroo and appears at the fashion show to embrace his son. As the show closed he and Adrien commended Marinette for derby hat design which impressed Audrey that she gave her the opportunity to come to New York. But Chloé was so angry and desperate to prove herself to her mother she unveils the Bee Miraculous and transforms into Queen Bee in front of everyone. Continuing to do so Chloé creates a fake emergency by using her powers to cause a speeding train. After being saved by the duo Ladybug demanded that she return the jewel but things get worse when Hawk Moth is renewed with hope and akumatizes her. The duo was able to deakumatize Chloé, now calm, they told her that the Bee Miraculous must be returned but she begged them for another chance. That's when they explained that everyone makes mistakes and it's important to fix them with that in mind Chloé returned the jewel and apologized to her idols. Meanwhile Marinette turns down Audrey's offer deciding to stay with her friends and family and helps Chloé make things up with her mother.
In "Malediktator", after everyone tells Chloé off about not being a hero she gets so angry and leaves for New York. But when André becomes akumatized into Malediktator a commanding supervillain, Chloé begins to realize her mistake and to make matters worse Cat Noir falls under the villain's control. Knowing she needed help Ladybug sought out Master Fu and chose the Bee Miraculous again this time knowing how to use it. After finding Chloé the heroine helped her come clean with her mistake and encouraged her to fix it now accepting full responsibility Chloé was given the Bee Miraculous. As Queen Bee, Chloé followed Ladybug's lead with her Venom power and Cat Noir's help they were able to stop Malediktator and save the city. This time not disobeying her idols, Chloé returned the Bee Miraculous willingly earning her teammate's recognition.
Ladybug and Cat Noir continued their duties outside of combat in "Frozer". However, they began to question their relationship, thinking they can only be just friends and nothing more, and seek help from Luka and Kagami. When dealing with Frozer in their new Ice Mode, the two went their separate ways but realized they work best as a team bringing their ideas together.
On Heroes' Day in "Catalyst", Hawk Moth commences his biggest plan yet, through the help of Volpina, he makes everyone vulnerable to akumatization, and by turning Nathalie into Catalyst to amplify his powers, Hawk Moth becomes Scarlet Moth. Using his increased powers, he reakumatized almost all the villains the heroes had ever faced, creating an army. Meanwhile Cat Noir and Ladybug summoned their allies to fight him.
In the second part of the season finale, despite Rena Rouge's, Carapace's, and Queen Bee's best efforts, they were akumatized into scarlet versions of themselves and turned against Ladybug and Cat Noir. But with help from the people of Paris, the duo was able to hold them off and square off against Scarlet Moth. By destroying his cane, they were able to deakumatize everyone, including their allies. Backing their archenemy into a corner, they were about to take his Miraculous, until a new Miraculous wielder named Mayura entered the scene, leading to Hawk Moth escaping and the heroes suspecting he has the Peacock Miraculous wielder by his side. Nonetheless, the team rebels in their victory but knows the fight isn't over.
Miraculous Shanghai Special
Ladybug and Cat Noir's heroic world starts getting bigger when it's not only Paris that needs protecting from Hawk Moth but other places. As it turns out that Shanghai also holds a secret too a magical object that is about old as the Miraculouses itself the Prodigious but due to unknown incidents it's power was too dangerous and was sealed away. Just like the Miraculous was protected by the Order of the Guardians this jewel was protected the Renren Guardians those who were taught ancient human values however as time went on most had forgotten them leaving a man named Wu Shifu as the sole guardian. Until one day he heard the cries of a baby girl happy to have an heir Wu Shifu named her Fei and taught her of his legacy making her the next guardian however their days weren't always full of happiness as a greedy man named Cash used dirty tactics to get them off the land which ended in the school's destruction, her adoptive father's disappearance and most importantly the Dragon Cave Key being stolen leaving Fei alone.
As for the French Duo, Spring Break is here but Marinette upon realizing that Adrien was in Shanghai, she followed him while wanting to visit her Great Uncle, Wang Cheng to celebrate his 60th birthday. Upon visiting him Marinette learns more about her family and wishes to explore the city however just as she was about too her things get stolen and with a language barrier was she lost and alone in the city meanwhile, Adrien goes off to explore, reacquaints with Wang Cheng and was surprised that Marinette was here but noticing that she was gone for too long he transformed into Cat Noir to find her. While wandering the streets Marinette gets cornered by people she believed was going to hurt her trying to escape she runs into Fei relieved that someone can understand her, she explains to her "new friend" her situation and the importance of her things sympathizing Fei helps her look for them. At the time, aware that the city was so big, Cat Noir contacts Ladybug to help in his efforts after that the girls manage to find the earrings but Cash wanted a lot of money in return but Fei easily swapped "her friend's" earrings for fake ones however it led them into trouble but they gained help in unexpected places.
Briefly losing Cash's goons, Marinette was brought to Fei's home where she explained her own hardships but just before she could explain the real reason for her friend's "misfortune" Cash beats her to it, leaving Marinette devastated because Fei was desperate for information about her father and seeing that he was still dead-set on their agreement. In the midst of their discussion Fei discovered that he was the one responsible for what happened to her father and refused to let him touch her friend. Unknown to them all Hawk Moth was there, aware of Cash's greed he akumatizes him noticing the creature Marinette not completely sure of Fei's intentions but refusing to leave her at an akumatized villain's mercy she transformed into Ladybug; happy that Cat Noir was already here she explained the situation. Helping Fei, Ladybug discovered that Hawk Moth attempted to steal the Prodigious not knowing what it is except that she couldn't let her enemy have it she fought against him, refusing to let the heroine fight alone Fei uses the jewel's power becoming the new Renren guided by the Renlings during the fight she was observed by the guardian Mei Shi matching almost all the values except the dragon because she was clouded by thoughts of revenge. With Cat Noir's timely arrival, the trio deakumatizes Cash but Hawk Moth refuses to admit defeat and turns his akuma to Mei Shi changing the guardian into one of his most dangerous villains yet that even he couldn't stop. Heartbroken and distraught that her actions Fei believed she wasn't worthy of the Prodigious and leaves the French Duo with no choice Cat Noir decided to his powers on him but it leaves the hero eradicated and Ladybug distraught.
Finding Fei below her and being the bigger hero, Marinette accepts her forgiveness but Fei wasn't so sure she deserved it as she turned away from her father's teachings aware he wouldn't do that and turn it into something good with that in mind she finally understands what Mei Shi meant. And with that insight Fei was able to ascend to the power of the dragon using it to save Marinette and by helping Ladybug dive into the belly of the beast the duo managed to calm the guardian, save the city and with her anger gone, Mei Shi found Fei worthy of the Prodigious. But one test remained facing Cash again she reprimanded him because of his uncontrollable greed she was left homeless but chose to let justice take it's course, reclaiming the dragon cave key the group was surprised to discover that Mei Shi has another purpose watching over the Renren. With Marinette safe and sound they all celebrate Wang Cheng's birthday more so it turns the group of boys weren't trying to hurt her but return her necklace which she graciously thanks as well as accepting Fei as a friend and honorary sister.
The duo continues their fight against Hawk Moth, however, Lila makes her return, and tries to win Adrien's affections, as well at war with Marinette. In "Weredad", when Marinette believes that Cat Noir was going to discover her identity as Ladybug. She tells the hero she loves him however, during a brunch date, he tells Marinette that he has feelings for Ladybug. With that, Marinette was very happy, but her convincing act lead to her father Tom's akumatization, and after a sky high battle, Cat Noir explains that he thought Marinette was one of his fans. When she accepts the hero's feelings for Ladybug, they continue being friends.
And yet, little by little, Gabriel gains more clues to finding the guardian in "Backwarder" when he akumatizes Master Fu's friend Marianne Lenoir. He learns that the guardian has been hiding under a false name, though he doesn’t know what it is.
Against Oblivio the duo had their memories erased and since they used their powers before they got struck, the pair discover each other's identity. Despite their amnesic states, Marinette, Adrien and Tikki (albeit he and Tikki meet for the first time) manage to keep out of the villain's sight and restore their powers. In doing so, they believe that they are more than just a team, and consider each other a couple, starting to develop feelings for the other. However with Oblivio's defeat, they discover that Ladybug's other superpower will put things back to the way they were, including their memories. Realizing that they'll forget being in love, they share a kiss but the moment doesn't go unnoticed by Alya, who took a picture after being deakumatized with Nino.
With their memories restored, and upon seeing the picture, Marinette becomes shocked that she kissed Cat Noir, while Adrien remains hopeful of his love with Ladybug, and yet, Hawk Moth has also discovered about their love for each other.
During "Silencer", Marinette discovers that Luka has developed feelings for her, and like him, Kagami has developed feelings for Adrien in "Oni-Chan". After that, Adrien warned Lila that they would no longer be friends if she harms his loved ones, but unknown to Ladybug and Cat Noir, while seeing Lila's actions, Hawk Moth as Gabriel struck an alliance, seeing her as an good ally.
Rena Rouge, Carapace, and Queen Bee continue to help Ladybug and Cat Noir fight against Hawk Moth and Mayura in "Miraculer". Aware that their enemies know Chloé’s identity, Ladybug has been hesitant on giving the Bee Miraculous to her out of fear of her and her loved ones being in danger. However, Hawk Moth and Mayura know this and use this to their advantage, using Lila Rossi's manipulation. After Miraculer's defeat, Ladybug finally explains to Chloé as to why she's been inactive recently. Chloé, albeit slowly, comes to an understanding and returns the jewel, but remains hopeful they'll call on her again. However, she stops worshiping Ladybug and views her as any other person. Hawk Moth also remains hopeful that they would get Chloé on their side someday.
During Adrien's trip to the Musée Grévin wax museum with his friends in "The Puppeteer 2", he received a mixed up message from Nino; thinking that Marinette hated him. Meanwhile, Marinette had trouble keeping her cool when Alya left her alone, not wanting to lose her friendship, Adrien tried to find a way to make her more comfortable, but he froze. When he heard her say all those things about him, Adrien unfroze, but upset Marinette and apologized. He then asked if she was for real about what she said, but retorted saying she wasn't. Afterwards, having a moment alone, they apologized for what happened and continued to be friends, but Marinette was downhearted when Adrien admits that he had a crush on another girl, but was encouraged by Tikki not to give up on him.
During "Stormy Weather 2", everyone laments on how much they've changed through the powers of the Miraculous jewels and their feelings too.
In "Timetagger", Ladybug and Cat Noir come across a villain from the future named Timetagger but soon received some futuristic help of their own. With Alix's help and by destroying an obelisk in the museum, they discovered a future Miraculous holder, who holds the Rabbit Miraculous, using it to turn into Bunnyx. Even more surprising the future heroine was actually Alix's future self leaving herself ecstatic that she was going to get a Miraculous one day. From her the duo learned that in the future, they are still fighting akumatized villains, who are now controlled by a new Butterfly Miraculous holder as well as assembled a superhero team with Bunnyx has one of it's members with Ladybug's future self as team leader.
During the fight against the titular villain in "Ikari Gozen", Ladybug temporarily lends the Dragon Miraculous to Kagami Tsurugi when she is taken prisoner by her akumatized mother. With it, Kagami becomes Ryuko, and uses her power over certain elements to help Ladybug and Cat Noir defeat Ikari Gozen. However, because Hawk Moth got to know her civilian identity when she was freed, Ladybug, after having the Dragon Miraculous returned from Kagami, tells her she won't be able to give her back the Miraculous because of the risk of putting her love ones in danger. As Marinette and Kagami spend Friendship Day together, Marinette starts to see another side to her due to her mother's strict upbringing, Kagami doesn't have any friends, but has a strong desire to make them. Despite losing the contest, the two have a better understanding of each other.
"Reflekdoll" and the remaining episodes held many surprises for the heroes, starting with the fact that they not only had to fight against Hawk Moth's akumatized villain Reflekta, but also a sentimonster created by his ally Mayura. However, that wasn't their only problem, due to the destruction caused by Reflekdoll, it led to the duo's jewels becoming swapped. Despite walking a mile in each other's shoes as Lady Noir and Mister Bug, they defeated them (unknown that Peacock Miraculous was damaged). Thanks to the experience, Ladybug and Cat Noir have a better understanding of each other.
In "Desperada", two heroes come to the rescue for the price of one, as after seeing the titular villain as a formidable opponent, the Snake Miraculous' power of Second Chance was needed. However, due to Marinette's "troubled heart", as Ladybug, she picked Adrien to wield the jewel, and due to him wanting to impress his crush as Aspik, it led to the heroine being captured several times over, until he informed her of what's been happening for the past few months. When Ladybug had no idea who else could use the Snake Miraculous, that's when Adrien recommended Luka, with him becoming the cool, calm and focused Viperion. By observing Desperada, and using the power of Second Chance to save his allies, the duo followed his lead in defeating her. Even though Adrien didn't make a good impression as Aspik, he decided to stick with what he's good at, being Ladybug's partner as Cat Noir. As for Marinette, one day she'd have to choose between which boy she truly loved.
In "Startrain", due to battling constant villains by Hawk Moth, Adrien and Marinette were exhausted and ready for a vacation (but took the Horse Miraculous along in case trouble came.), trouble came when Max's Mother was accidentally akumatized by a rogue akuma into Startrain, taking everyone on board the train to space. Knowing they'd need extra help, Ladybug gave the Horse Miraculous to Max, who became their new ally Pegasus, and with his powers of teleportation the trio were able to take the train back down to earth.
By the time of "Party Crasher", even Ladybug and Cat Noir's team of five wasn't enough to stop the titular villain and they were all captured. Until Kim is chosen by Master Fu to become the holder of the Monkey Miraculous, known as King Monkey and rescued his teammates.
"Ladybug" turns into one of critical points for the team, through Lila's deception and lies, Marinette ends up getting expelled from school, as well as almost being akumatized into giving Hawk Moth her earrings (but was unknowingly saved by Nathalie). However, knowing that Lila was behind this, Adrien told her of his earlier warning and convinced her to tell another lie that would prove Marinette's innocence, letting her be reinstated in school. Meanwhile, Cat Noir and Ladybug begin to learn more about the Peacock Miraculous understanding that sentimonsters are more than just simply creatures, but that they also have their own will and feelings, especially the elaborate ones like the heroine's sentimonster doppelganger. As well as how cruel the powers of the jewels can be when used for evil, fearing that Mayura's power is more dangerous than Hawk Moth's, and yet, the continued use of the damaged Peacock Miraculous causes Nathalie to get sick, ending her time as Mayura for now.
Plagg's obsession with cheese causes one of the biggest problems for the duo yet in "Kwamibuster". He and Tikki are spotted by Ms. Mendeleiev, who wishes to prove their existence to the world, but it leads to her akumatization as the titular villain. As well as to Ladybug and Cat Noir believing that they may know each other in civilian form. During the confrontation, the heroes lose their kwamis, in order to save Tikki, Marinette pulls off her greatest feat yet, by becoming Multimouse with Mouse Miraculous and fusing the powers of the other Miraculouses. She was able to save her Kwami, and the heroes were able protect their identities. However, upon seeing the power of the kwamis, Hawk Moth's lust and desire for power continued to grow.
In "Feast", Master Fu's mistake is fully revealed when he comes across a sentimonster he created long ago that he thought was gone. When he was very young, he was chosen to join the order, but he had no interest in being a guardian, and was angry that he'd have to give up his normal life. During one of his training sessions, he had to watch a miracle box for twenty four hours with no food. Wang grew hungry and used the Peacock Miraculous to create a companion to get him a snack, but the creature Wang created wasn't only fueled by his hunger, but also his anger at the Miraculous, which resulted in him losing control of the creature and it destroying the temple, swallowing the guardians and the remaining Miraculouses. Wang managed to escape his creation, but in doing so, Wang lost the Peacock and Butterfly Miraculouses and the spellbook.
Knowing that Hawk Moth and his partner Mayura would bring his creation back to life and hunt him or anyone with a Miraculous down, and refusing to let Marinette and Adrien suffer the same fate, he took their jewels and tried to leave Paris, and yet seeing his disciples stand up to the creature even without their powers, showed Wang why he chose them. Seeing their bravery, he followed their example and stood up to his creation at the cost of revealing his identity to Hawk Moth. Knowing what needed to be done, he returned the heroes jewels and by diving into the belly of the beast, they destroyed the creature. With Feast destroyed, the Order of the Guardians was restored, with Wang being eternally grateful towards Ladybug and Cat Noir for freeing him from his burden of the past.
After seeing her actions, Wang calls Marinette a full fledged Ladybug and begins her training to become the new guardian. With his shop no longer safe, Wang decided to keep a low profile, but refused to leave Paris until Hawk Moth was stopped. Assuring Marinette and Adrien that he'd always be there for them when they need him. However, now that Gabriel knew the identity of the Guardian, he started to find a way to put it to use.
"Felix", "Cat Blanc" and the Season finale, involves both loves and losses for everyone. As Adrien and his father celebrate the anniversary of Emilie's "departure", they are greeted by family, Adrien's aunt Amilie, and his cousin Felix. However, due to Felix's mischief, tension is caused between Marinette's friends, who sent a video package but was answered with a nasty note, but the duo the managed to save Felix and make up with Adrien, with him thanking his friends for their support.
The duo and Hawk Moth make their greatest mistakes, for Ladybug, due to not leaving Adrien's room quick enough, she unknowingly led to him figuring out her identity, leading to an alternate future. With Bunnyx's help, Ladybug was led to said future, where she was surprised to find her partner akumatized into Cat Blanc, and wanting her earrings to activate the ultimate wishing power, and that he knew her identity, with Bunnyx viewing the past, she sees that despite the two ending up together, Gabriel threatened to break them up so he could have another villain. Refusing to let Marinette go, and seeing an akuma head towards her, Adrien transformed, revealing himself to his love and unknowingly his greatest enemy.
Wanting to use this to his advantage, Hawk Moth unveiled his identity and purpose to the heroes. Causing his own son's greatest breakdown so close his goal, Gabriel akumatized him, but with Adrien so hurt and confused he caused his own demise as well as everyone on the planet. Meanwhile in the future, Ladybug manages to save her partner and by fixing her mistake she changed the future, before Bunnyx leaves, she revealed that her leader picked her was because she knew how to keep secrets. After facing everything she experienced, Ladybug went off to enjoy a peaceful moment with Cat Noir.
In "Battle of the Miraculous", upon seeing Adrien and Kagami get along so well, Marinette decides to give up her romantic pursuit of him. Leading to her making a broken hearted decision by going to Master Fu as Ladybug, not only by taking the Dragon Miraculous, she unknowingly led Hawk Moth and Mayura right to him, leading to him being captured and them obtaining the miracle box. After the mission, seeing that she put Master Fu in danger, Marinette breaks down in front of Luka about the stress of being her alter ego.
Seeing that Ladybug chose Ryuko over her, and thanks to Hawk Moth's manipulation, Chloe betrayed the team by turning into Miracle Queen, putting their teammates in danger. Thankfully, due to their aqua powers, Ladybug and Cat Noir managed to avoid the wasps. Upon reuniting, the duo discovered that the situation up top, seeing that their enemies had not only their allies, but Master Fu and the miracle box. Ladybug breaks down again in front of Cat Noir about this being her fault, but the hero comforts her, knowing that everyone makes mistakes and that it's important to fix them, making her extremely grateful to have him by her side. With her confidence restored, the duo enacts a plan to save everyone, and with the powers of Dragon Bug and Snake Noir they managed to save their allies and deakumatize Chloe.
Shocked by her actions, Ladybug tried to remind Chloe that Hawk Moth was their enemy, but Chloe retorted that she was fed up with being overlooked by the heroine, despite her attempts to help. Wanting her revenge, Chloe dared to use the remaining jewels against her former idol, but the kwamis refused to help. Still under the power of protection, Wang Fu encouraged his disciples to continue on and passes his role as Guardian to Ladybug, with her now owning the Miracle Box. With the knowledge he planned to take from the former guardian, as well as the box lost, Hawk Moth and Mayura make their escape. After Chloe's failed escape attempt, she told Ladybug off and stated that they are no longer friends. Due to her terrible actions, the heroine takes the Bee Miraculous from Chloe, banishing her from the team.
What the duo also discovers is that, due to Master Fu passing his role to Marinette, the Guardian's Code made it so his memories of the Miraculouses were erased and couldn't be restored. However, it wasn't a total loss for the villains either, due to obtaining Master Fu's tablet of the decoded spell book, Gabriel was able to fix the Peacock Miraculous. Marinette then takes Master Fu to Marianne at the train station, even with his memory erased, he felt like he knew her forever and the two leave Paris together. Meanwhile, Marinette finds a note from her former master about understanding of experiencing loss in life, moving on and with more to come.
Miraculous New York Special
It's American French Week, and that's not only when students from both countries come together but heroes too causing them to learn from each other on both sides of the mask. It starts off, with Marinette trying to give up her romantic pursuit of Adrien and tries to work on being his friend but not wanting him to be alone she convinced Gabriel to let him come to New York with them. And Adrien was eternally grateful towards her describing her as "the girl willing to take a chance" however as their trip continued Marinette's romantic feelings continued to grow to the point of where she tried to convince a dishearten Adrien to stay admitting that she loved him in vain.
As their alteregos the bond between Ladybug and Cat Noir, grew to a point as they begin to discover new powers like the Space Mode. And yet, the ultimate test of trust between them began as she trusted Cat Noir to watch over Paris while she was gone but not wanting to disappoint her or lose her trust the cat hid the truth from her and was in New York too (although Marinette unknowingly took her partner with her). Along the way they meet Majestia, Knightowl, Sparrow and Uncanny Valley and discover that the North American heroes were different from them unlike the Miraculous heroes, who were more secretive and independent; North American ones, were more open and protective over the younger heroes. As the four young heroes came together during a fight against Technolizer, Ladybug was angry at Cat Noir that he left Paris unguarded to the point she expressed her disappointment to him. Leading to a terrible mistake as well as them learning a big lesson, with great power comes great responsibility and consequences if said power is used recklessly. The terrible mistake was when Cat Noir accidentally used his Cataclysm on Uncanny Valley destroying her horrifying everyone despite Ladybug fixing her and the city the duo was harshly scalded by Knightowl warning them if the conditions had been different then the outcome would have been worse. Then, things went from bad to worse when Ladybug and Cat Noir had discovered the state Paris was in, aware that the damage had been there for too long and with the villain gone Ladybug couldn't use her powers to fix anything.
With that being the last straw and seeing his partner so upset, Cat Noir felt unworthy of his powers and renounced his ring leaving Ladybug alone and heartbroken because she had come so close to him believing that she couldn't be herself without him. Meanwhile for American heroes, they learned for the younger generation of heroes to grow one needs to take chances and make their own way as Jessica aka Sparrow fiercely wanted her independence and admired the Miraculous duo for it. However it caused her and Aeon aka Uncanny Valley to be disobedient towards their superiors and temporarily grounding from the team. But not for long, Jessica and Aeon soon discover that Hawk Moth was in New York and responsible for everything happening in the city and by using the Eagle Miraculous along with Techno-Pirate turning into Miracolizer, they both misused the power of Liiri to cause the adult heroes to run wild.
Understanding that they would need their help, Uncanny left to find the french duo; due to her being an AI she figured out Ladybug's identity as Marinette, upon receiving Cat Noir's ring she also discovered that the hero was Adrien. She tried to convince him to return to New York, but it wasn't until he heard his partner's message that he does, returning to a grateful Ladybug as they embraced each other Cat Noir apologized for his mistake of not being honest with her. Together with Sparrow and Uncanny along with a creative thinking, they managed to get retrieve the Eagle Miraculous from the titular villain and with Sparrow now known as the Eagle, they returned the adult heroes to normal defeating Miracolizer and saving the city. With the mission over, Jessica tried to return the jewel but Ladybug allowed her to keep it knowing she'll use it well being reunited with their mothers, Jess expected a scalding but received praise from Knightowl and Majestia about proving their meddle turning from a fledglings to a full grown eagles. As well as thanked Ladybug and Cat Noir for inspiring for their daughters, understanding that the French duo were secretive about their identities Uncanny saw it necessary to erase the data from her memory but not before Ladybug thanked her for bringing them back together.
Meanwhile, Hawk Moth didn't see this escapade as a defeat but relished in the fact that there were other lost Miraculous and that he'd find them all no matter how long it took. Back in Paris, people were working hard to clean up the damage as well as missed their local heroes and yet they didn't take it too hard because they heard of the duo's adventure in New York and to their amazement were thanked by the American heroes with an ice statue of the four young heroes to honor their bravery and courage. With their trip nearing the end, Marinette would have another day to sort out her feelings and along her friends gave Adrien one final surprise making him smile.
Then sometime after Ladybug and Cat Noir had returned home, Eagle and Uncanny during a nightly patrol were approached by an unnamed guardian who demanded the Eagle Miraculous. And yet, she proposed a better idea convincing the guardian to stay in New York and create a new generation of heroes.
At an unknown time after the events of "The Collector", in the second issue, Wang Fu explained the origins of the kwamis and the Miraculouses to Marinette. Later that day, she and Cat Noir were summoned to New York City through a portal by Doorman. As detailed in the third issue, various superheroes requested their help in fighting a huge threat, the Trash Krakken. While reluctant with their leader Victory's plan, which involved catastrophic destruction followed by the Miraculous Ladybug fixing all of the damage, Ladybug and Cat Noir agreed to help. However, theorizing that a stuffed animal called Mr. Squid could be related to the monster, Ladybug decided to directly face the monster against orders, Cat Noir loyally following her. Knightowl, Sparrow, and Majestia, with persuasion, were willing to temporarily try the plan to snatch Mr. Squid from the Trash Krakken's body in the fourth issue. While Sparrow was caught in the Trash Krakken's body, Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Knightowl successfully took the toy. The Trash Krakken reverted back into a human man, and the toy was purified with Ladybug's yo-yo. With New York City saved, the duo and the other superheroes confirmed their alliance, and the duo returned to Paris through another portal.
Whenever they realize there are villain attacks happening, Marinette and Adrien transform with their kwamis and Miraculouses into their superhero personas. Both have enhanced physical abilities, such as strength, durability, and agility. While both are skilled fighters in their own rights, they have their unique knowledge and skills: Ladybug is very clever and quick at thinking up plans, able to figure out how to use her Lucky Charm object to benefit her situation. For his part, Cat Noir is skilled in fencing and understanding various languages, along with having calm observations and reactions in serious situations. Ladybug is the only hero able to purify akumas, but outside of occasions where Ladybug or Cat Noir have to battle villains on their own, they usually work best as a team by utilizing their strengths together.
After Wang Fu translates some of the spellbook, Ladybug and Cat Noir gain new superpowers related to particular situations, like ice-skating and underwater modes in dealing with particular villains.
For times where they need more support and assistance for defeating a villain, they have part-time superhero team members. One of them is Rena Rouge, who proved to have remarkable resourcefulness and cunning thinking. Then there is Carapace, who proved to have considerably combat skills and exceptional bravery. Another one is Queen Bee, who isn't impressed by people in power and, despite her obnoxious personality, has proven that she can be a very good teammate. Viperion who gives his teammates another chance, Pegasus who is fast and King Monkey who is a quick learner and brave.
Ryuko who has power over the elements and is an amazing sword fighter. In the future the heroes will also receive help from Bunnyx, a hero whose Miraculous power is to travel through time. She is called as a last resort, when all the other superheroes of the team fail to defeat the villain, as meddling with time is dangerous. With the newest addition Eagle, trained by Knightowl and understands that freedom comes with a price.
The two main members of the team, Ladybug and Cat Noir, aka Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste, agreed from the outset to keep their respective civilian identities secret, even from each other, since if one of them were to discover the other's secret identity, he or she should give up their own Miraculous to avoid endangering their partner.
Even the temporary Miraculous heroes they call for help try to respect this rule, with only Ladybug and (usually) Cat Noir as the only heroes in the team who know their secret identities.
However, there have been a few exceptions:
- Since "Queen Wasp", Queen Bee, aka Chloé Bourgeois, is the only hero whose civilian identity is in the public domain, having transformed in front of the cameras to show everyone (but specifically her mother) her value. Despite the recklessness of her actions, Ladybug, who was in a desperate moment and despite understandable doubts, chose to give her a second chance, and since then Queen Bee has helped the team for some important missions, only to be suspended by Ladybug due to her public civilian identity.
- In "Catalyst", Rena Rouge and Carapace, aka Alya Césaire and Nino Lahiffe, get to know each other's secret identities. While at first Alya had suspicions about Nino, the latter had no suspicion about the former, but in the Heroes' Day, Ladybug, who was in an emergency situation and didn't have a good justification in mind to separate the couple, was forced to ask both temporary heroes on the spot for help, revealing to each other the other's secret identity. Since then, she has made the two heroes swear to not reveal each other's civilian identities to anyone.
- In "Desperada", after a failed attempt to woo Ladybug with the Snake Miraculous, Adrien suggests that Luka Couffaine wields it. Since nobody besides Wang was aware that Cat Noir and Adrien are the same person, from Ladybug's and Luka's points of view, Adrien is just another temporary Miraculous holder, but who is aware that Luka is the new holder of the Snake Miraculous.
- In "Startrain", when Ladybug chose to give the Horse Miraculous to Max Kanté, besides her and Cat Noir, even Markov, Max's robot, was present at that time; it is very likely that Markov will keep the secret to protect Max.
- In "Ikari Gozen", Hawk Moth learns that Kagami Tsurugi is Ryuko after she is able to free herself from her akumatized mother's prison. Because of that, Ladybug tells her she may not give her back the Miraculous as it may put Kagami's loved ones in danger. Despite that, in "Heart Hunter", Ladybug asked again for her help, to secretly prevent her from dating Adrien at that time.
- In "Kwamibuster", when Plagg's gluttony nearly gets Ladybug's secret identity exposed to Cat Noir, Marinette takes up the Mouse Miraculous as Multimouse to defeat Kwamibuster. Afterwards, she deliberately outs herself as Multimouse to Cat Noir and uses the Fox Miraculous to trick him into thinking she and Ladybug are two separate individuals.
- In "Miraculous New York", due to Uncanny Valley being a robot, she was immune to the magical nature of Ladybug's and Cat Noir's suits that made their civilian identities unrecognizable from humans observers allowing to find them in civilian form. And yet, after defeating an akumatized Techno-Pirate and understanding the French Duo's need for secrecy after their encounter she deleted the knowledge from her memory to protect them.
Ladybug, who is usually the one who recruits new heroes, knows all their civilian identities, as well as Master Wang Fu. Instead, while Cat Noir unquestionably knows the civilian identities of Queen Bee, Bunnyx, Ryuko, Viperion and Pegasus, and even though several important pieces of information have been revealed to him after having officially met Master Fu, it's still ambiguous if he knows the secret identities of Rena Rouge, Carapace and King Monkey, since Ladybug often sends him to re-recruit Queen Bee, who does not have a secret identity.
The situation, however, changed dramatically in "Miracle Queen"; the titular villain, aka Chloé, who allied herself with Hawk Moth and Mayura, took control over all Paris and commanded all the Miraculous holders to come to her, allowing Hawk Moth, Mayura and Chloé to learn the secret identities of Rena Rouge, Pegasus, Viperion, King Monkey, Carapace and Ryuko (Ladybug and Cat Noir escaped being affected by her powers, while Alix Kubdel, future Rabbit Miraculous holder, has not used yet her Miraculous in the present).
In order to save the other Miraculouses, and prevent Hawk Moth from extracting valuable information from him, Master Fu definitively renounced his position as Guardian and a Miraculous holder, and officially made Ladybug the new Guardian, at the expense, however, of his own memories of everything concerning the Miraculouses, including the secret identities of the heroes.
Later, because of Chloé's despicable actions, Ladybug seized the Bee Miraculous from her and definitively ousted her from the team.
Unnamed lightning power
|Tigresse Pourpre||Unknown||Unknown Superpower|
|Coq Courage||Unknown||Unknown Superpower|
- United Heroez — A team of American superheroes, operating in mainly New York City. Two itteration of the team is show: One in the "Miraculous Adventures" comic series, and the other in the "Miraculous New York" special.
- Majestia — In the special, she first met Ladybug and Cat Noir after the battle against Techlonizer. While grateful for Ladybug fixing the damaged from the fight, she was heartbroken due the the condition of her 'daughter', and sided with Knightowl regarding the two using their miraculouses while in the city. After defeating Techlonizer, she along with Knightowl recognized the French heroes as their equal, and admit that times are changing and they should as well. In the comic, she explained to the duo that she and the other superheroes in New York need their help in order to defeat the Trash Krakken.
- Doorman — In the special, he acts as a support during the battle against Techlonizer, guiding the civilians away to safety. His powers were later used by ladybug and Cat Noir to reach Miracolizer, and free the rest of the United Heroez from the villain spell. In the comic, he creates a portal in order to bring Ladybug and Cat Noir over from Paris to New York and back.
- Knightowl — In both the special and the comic, Knightowl is initially judgmental and critical towards Ladybug and Cat Noir, but after seeing their work, grow to respect their heroism. In the special, due to the damages and their reckless behavior during the battle against Techlonizer, she demands Ladybug and Cat Noir hand over their miraculouses. After the United Heroez were released from Miracolizer spell, she help detain Techlonizer long enough for Cat Noir to brake his akumatized cuffs. In the comic, She and Sparrow follow Ladybug and Cat Noir to directly battle the trash kraken.
- Sparrow/Eagle — Sparrow gets along very well with Ladybug and Cat Noir. In the Special, she identify and inspired by the French teens to try and fight Techlonizer without the adults. She is later granted the Eagle Miraculous, showing the trust Ladybug have in her, and start going by the name "Eagle". In the comic, the character gender is unknown, but they supported Ladybug and Cat Noir suggestion on how to defeat the Trash Krakken since the beginning.
- Liiri — Only appear in the special. The kwami of Freedom. Liiri was retrieved from Miracolizer and helps Jessica Keynes transform into Eagle.
- Uncanny Valley — In the special, she is an AI robot created by Majestia to whom she has a mother/daughter relationship with her and is close friends with Sparrow. She has a key role in reuniting the heroes during the climactic battle against Miraclonizer, and has proven herself to be a trusting ally by protecting Ladybug and Cat Noir's secret identities to the point where Marineete trusted her with delivering the Cat Miraculous to Cat Noir. In the comic, she is a background character, and her connection and relationship with Majestia is either not mentioned or non existing.
- Camilla Hombee/Victory — The President of the United States of America and a superheroine. In the comic, she wants Ladybug to use Lucky Charm to clean up a huge catastrophic attack against the Trash Krakken, which Ladybug isn't keen about. After the monster was defeated, Victory agreed to send information about the research of the strange substance.
- Fei Wu/Ladydragon — The holder and protector of the Prodigious and a superhero in Shanghai.
- Miss Bustier's class — Students taught by Miss Bustier in the same class as Marinette and Adrien at Collège Françoise Dupont. Some of the students have helped the heroes in a few instances, like singing "Smelly Wolf" to defeat the titular villain of "Horrificator" and joining up with Cat Noir to save Ladybug and fight the titular villain of "Reflekta". Some even faced against a villain head on to show their support like the majority of the girls against the titular villain in "Gigantitan", or when Max Kanté turned against his then akumatized friend Markov. When Ladybug and Cat Noir where unable to fight the titular villain of "Reverser", Alix Kubdel and Nathaniel Kurtzberg assisted them in defeating him.
- Alya Césaire — A teenage girl and the creator of Ladyblog, often following akumas incidents across the city throughout the series. Being a huge fan of Ladybug and Cat Noir, she helps the heroes whenever they need, like help defeat Stoneheart in "Ladybug & Cat Noir". One of her greatest dreams is to someday find out their secret identities.
- Nino Lahiffe — A teenager, who is an "Anansi", is determined to fight against Anansi to free Alya, and when he sees what Ladybug needs help he offered his help and Ladybug gives him the Staff of Cat Noir and begins to fight against Anansi, to avoid her from taking the Cat Miraculous.
- Nadja Chamack and Alec Cataldi — Employees at TVi and KIDZ+, the former being a news reporter and the latter usually being a television show host. Ladybug and Cat Noir contact them if they need to inform them of danger, like when Ladybug calls them to warn them about Guitar Villain's quest to get revenge on XY in "Guitar Villain".
- Markov — A sentient robot created by Max. He helped the team to open the highly technological gates of Startrain in order to capture the villain in the episode of the same name.
- Wayhem — A fan of Adrien. When Adrien was targeted by titular villain of "Gorizilla" Wayhem stood in his way multiple times.
- Paris Rebellion — A large group of civilians gathered to fight Hawk Moth and his akumatized army during "Mayura". The group assistance varied from building a road block, and fighting the villains directly. They consist, among others, of Nora Césaire, Marlena Césaire, Anarka Couffaine, Luka Couffaine, Gina Dupain, Manon Chamack, Marc Anciel, Tom Dupain, Sabine Cheng, and August's mother.
- Philippe — An ice skating competitor and teacher at Paris' Ice rink. As a former akumatized villain, he was a foe for the superheroes, but while in control, he is their enthusiastic supporter, providing them a safe place to hide Santa Claus when he was pursued by Christmaster, and fighting against the villain toy army during "Christmaster".
- Santa Claus — A manifestation of the folklore figure, brought to life by the magic of Christmaster, in the episode of the same name, and targeted by the villain for his toys. Unwilling to break his holiday rules, he sought the help and protection of the superheros, and helped them fight their toy counterparts.
- Su-Han — a monk from the Order of the Guardians and Wang Fu's master. He came to Paris to retrieve the Chinese Miracle Box, but after seeing the team in action, he decided to stay and assist them.
- Aside from the kwamis of the superheroes, and Nooroo and Duusu who are captured by Hawk Moth, the kwamis in the Miracle Box are trying to help the team and save Nooroo, as shown in "Sandboy". The same team-up happened at Marinette's side to save Tikki and Plagg in Kwamibuster. As of the "The Battle of the Miraculous", Marinette became the new guardian of the Chinese Miracle Box, and the kwamis are now in her care.
- Master Wang Fu/Jade Turtle — The former Turtle Miraculous holder and the Great Guardian of the Miraculouses. He founds the duo team when he realizes he can't defeat Hawk Moth on his own. Tikki officially introduces him to Marinette when she takes the Miraculous book to him in Volpina, helping the team through information about their powers and whereabouts of their enemies. In "Heart Hunter", he is discovered by Hawk Moth and Mayura and transforms into Jade Turtle to fight them, but ends up being captured by them. In "Miracle Queen", Master Fu relinquishes his role as Guardian to Marinette, causing him to lose all of his memories about the Miraculouses.
- Chloé Bourgeois — The teenage daughter of Parisian Mayor André Bourgeois. She usually gets saved by the heroes because of the multiple akumatizations she caused, but has helped them on occasion such as informing them about Vanisher's akumatized object in "Antibug" and assisting Ladybug in stopping the titular villain of "Despair Bear". After the events of "The Battle of the Miraculous"she now rejects Ladybug.
- Ladybug Sentimonster - In "Ladybug", she initially worked with Mayura to trap Cat Noir and briefly fought against the duo, until her real counterpart set her free. Grateful, she agreed to help them retrieve the Peacock Miraculous, but Mayura destroyed her.
- Volpina — An akumatized villain who tricked Ladybug and Cat Noir into thinking she was the real Fox Miraculous holder and a superhero. With the use of her illusions, she made it look like she saved Paris from a meteorite and requested their help in stopping Hawk Moth, who appeared to be teleporting throughout Paris' rooftops. Cat Noir accepts her warmly, but Ladybug was suspicious and jealous of her. Once Volpina revealed herself to be an enemy accidentally, Ladybug and Cat Noir turned against her to revert her back into Lila.
- Hawk Moth/Shadow Moth — A mysterious supervillain and the Butterfly Miraculous holder bent on getting the Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous with his akumatized villains, in order to get ultimate power for his dearest, wish coming true. While having mutual suspicions about each other, the team rarely meet him in person. After repairing a damaged Peacock Miraculous, he fused it with the Butterfly Miraculous and temporarily becomes Shadow Moth.
- Nooroo — Nooroo is not willingly an enemy but helps Gabriel Agreste transform into Hawk Moth. Nooroo is the kwami of Transmission.
- Akumatized villains — Ordinary civilians who are turned into supervillains by Hawk Moth's akumas when they have negative emotions. With different desires and different powers, each villain does whatever they desire and pay Hawk Moth back by working to retrieve Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculouses, with the exception of Robustus who betrayed him for wanting a reality-bending wish himself. Some villains have personal goals related to the team, including Copycat, Antibug, Volpina, and Prime Queen. After the villains' defeats though, the team doesn't hold anything against the victims, even calming down from the stress of being a victim.
- Mayura — Hawk Moth's ally, who physically encountered the team in "Miraculer" for first time. Her actions not only prevented them from bringing Hawk Moth to justice, but caused some of the team's most powerful opponents.
- Duusu — Duusu is not willingly an enemy but help Nathalie Sancoeur transform into Mayura. Duusu is the kwami of Emotion.
- Sentimonsters — Creatures created by Mayura's amoks from people's negative emotions. With different powers, each sentimonster is controlled by Mayura to do her bidding, usually help Hawk Moth and the akumatized villains to fight the superheroes. While most Sentimonsters are beings with no sentient behavior, some are in fact sentient beings that can be turned against its creator if they lose control over it, although they are always able to destroy them.
- Trash Krakken — A monster that causes chaos in New York City. Ladybug and Cat Noir team up with other superheroes to stop him, eventually discover that he actually is an ordinary man mysteriously transformed in a similar fashion to akumatization which is still unknown.
- Lila Rossi — A teenage girl and an Italian exchange student. She despises Ladybug after she exposed her lies to people she tried to impress. After she is de-akumatized from being Volpina, Lila refuses accept Ladybug's apology and declares that they will never be friends. She later willingly allows Hawk Moth to akumatize her in order to get her revenge and indirectly helps him to get many people akumatized through her actions in her class.
- Chloé Bourgeois - A French teenage girl and a former admirer and ally of Ladybug. After Ladybug refused to give her the Bee Miraculous over and over again, Chloé betrays her and joins Hawk Moth, who gives her the Bee Miraculous, along with the Miracle Box he had taken from Wang Fu, all while akumatizing her into Miracle Queen. When she is deakumatized, Chloé tries to use all the other Miraculouses, but her lack of knowledge prevents her from doing it. When Ladybug becomes the new Guardian of the Miracle Box, she is able to recover it and the Miraculouses from Chloé who then declares to Ladybug she's no longer her fan.
- In early development, Ladybug and Cat Noir were going to be in a team with other types of superheroes called the Quantic Kids. However, the concept was scrapped, and Ladybug and Cat Noir were kept as a duo.
- However, Ladybug and Cat Noir work with the canon version of a character from the Quantic Kids, Sparrow, alongside other heroes in Miraculous Adventures
- The Ladybug Miraculous and Cat Miraculous are the most powerful Miraculouses while being opposites of each other, the former having the power of creation and the latter having the power of destruction. They also compliment each other though, forming something much more powerful.
- According to Victory, Ladybug and Cat Noir are the first superheroes that Paris has had in a long time.
- Various people have done things to show recognition and appreciation towards Ladybug and Cat Noir:
- A statue of Ladybug and Cat Noir, designed by Théo Barbot, is put into the Place des Vosges and revealed in a ceremony in "Copycat".
- Nathaniel draws a comic book in his sketchbook about Ladybug in "The Evillustrator".
- In "Pixelator", at his concert, Jagged Stone dedicates a song to Ladybug, noting her as the girl who saved his life.
- In "Lady Wifi" and "Antibug", Chloé cosplays as Ladybug with Sabrina as Cat Noir.
- Life-sized cardboard stand-ups of Ladybug and Cat Noir are used with a donation box in the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie in "Santa Claws".
- In "Prime Queen", Nadja notes on Face to Face that many people believe that Ladybug and Cat Noir are a romantic couple. On a later episode of Nadja's series, Alya clarifies for everyone that they aren't together "yet".
- Mr. Damocles is inspired by Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Knightowl to become a superhero himself as The Owl in "The Dark Owl".
- Alya keeps action figures of Ladybug and Cat Noir in her room as shown in "The Dark Owl".
- Clara Nightingale is inspired by Ladybug and Cat Noir to make her hit song Miraculous in "Frightningale".
- Adrien also keeps a pair of Ladybug and Cat Noir action figures in "Syren".
- In "Reverser", Marc writes stories about Ladybug.
- During the Season 2 finale "Heroes' Day", the people of Paris include parade floats of the heroes.
- In "Animaestro", Thomas Astruc creates a movie about Cat Noir and Ladybug.
- In "Gamer 2.0", Manon has Cat Noir and Ladybug toy dolls and Max Kante creates a video game called Miraculous All Star Brawl of the Akumatized Villains.
- In "The Puppeteer 2", the Musée Grévin wax museum has wax statues of Ladybug and Cat Noir.
- In "Miraculous New York", the adult heroes dedicate an ice statue of them along with Uncanny and Eagle.
- Ladybug in "Chameleon" and Queen Bee in "Miraculer" were the first two team members to resist being akumatized.
- Unlike Chloé, Marinette drove the akuma off before it affected an object of hers while Chloé did it after.
- Cat Noir holds the record for being affected by an akumatized villain with a total of eighteen times.
- Meanwhile Ladybug holds the record where her powers had been used against her with a total of six times.
- As of "Ladybug", Adrien is the only member of the French Miraculous superhero team that hasn't been akumatized yet (both completely or partially) in the permanent timeline.
- And yet, Adrien is the first person to only be akumatized in an alternate reality.
- According to Thomas' tweet on "Cat Blanc", Adrien also broke the record for the longest time a person has been akumatized with it being over the course of a few months.
- As of "Cat Blanc", Marinette is the only member of the team who hasn't been seen in her akumatized form.
- Out of all the team members Ladybug, King Monkey, and Ryuko are the only ones related to their Miraculous predecessors origin wise.
- Ryuko and Eagle are the only members who aren't native to France.
- Ryuko is the second member to have her identity revealed to Hawk Moth following Chloé.
- Cat Noir, Ryuko, Viperion and Lady Noir are the only ones whose eyes change upon transforming.
- As of "Miracle Queen" and "Miraculous New York", Hawk Moth, Mayura, and Chloé learn the identities of all of Ladybug and Cat Noir's allies expect for Bunnyx and Eagle.
- However, Chloé has been akumatized, so it is unknown if she remembers their identities.
- Despite the fact that Nino didn't transform into Carapace, because the Turtle Miraculous was with Wang Fu, Hawk Moth may have deduced his superhero identity.
- Due to Alix not receiving the Rabbit Miraculous yet, she the only member of the team that didn't transform as her current self.
- Also, because of the Rabbit Miraculous' power, she will be the only known member of French Miraculous superhero team to know the identities of Ladybug and Cat Noir.
- As of her future alter ego is she technically the oldest member of the team.
- She technically set the record for the longest time a Miraculous holder can be transformed for a total of 5,000 years.
- Due to Second Chance's time based powers, Viperion is the only member of the team that can use his powers multiple times before detransforming.
- Max and Jessica are the only members of the team that doesn't give themselves a superhero name, instead was called Pegasus by Ladybug and with Eagle being called that by her mother.
- Pegasus is the only member of the French Miraculous Superhero Team that doesn't wear a mask when he transforms, considering that the Horse Miraculous takes the form of glasses.
- King Monkey was the only other hero who wasn't chosen by Ladybug instead by Master Fu.
- Ladybug and Cat Noir are the only members of the team to use power up potions and fusion forms.
- Eagle is the only Miraculous holder to be apart of both teams.
- She is only member to have any type of hero training before using a Miraculous.
- According to Su-Han in "Furious Fu", the Miraculouses were never meant to be used by children or teenagers making Ladybug and Cat Noir (also by extension their team while excluding Bunnyx) are the youngest owners in Miraculous history.