|This article is about the superhero. You may be looking for the employee at Le Grand Paris.|
|“||Superpowers should never be used for personal gain, only for the greater good! Besides, even if I got inside, I wouldn't be able to open the safe, because its key is in Paris, inside the Eiffel Tower!||”|
—Dean Gate, "Miraculous New York"
In the comic book, Doorman is tall and muscular with tan skin, brown hair brushed upwards, and light brown eyes.
In the special, he is a tall, thin man with a bald head, he wears circular glasses, a white shirt with a green sweater, a green and white striped tie, and brown pants.
In the comic, he wears a blue mask over his eyes. His superhero suit is blue with a yellow collar and sleeves, long sleeves, and an image of a light blue door with a yellow doorknob on his chest. Additionally, he has a dark blue cape.
In the special, he wears glasses with pink lenses, a white shirt, pink tie, white gloves, and a dark purple coat and pants with pink accents on the collar, arms up to his shoulders, hands and leg holes, and a stripe down the buttons of his coat.
He is mostly informative, friendly and helpful along with a strong sense of morality when using his powers.
When under the effects of Liberation, he becomes extremely curious and selfish.
Doorman can turn any door into a portal connecting any two locations, such as from Paris to New York. The exit portal appears in a door at the desired location and portal remains for as long as the door stays open. Once the door is closed, the portal closes as well and he can then use that same door to open another portal to an entirely different location.
|"Miraculous New York":||Appears||"Miraculous Shanghai":||Absent|
|"Miraculous Rio":||Unknown||"Miraculous Africa":||Unknown|
|"Miraculous London":||Unknown||"Miraculous Japan":||Unknown|
|"Miraculous Football Special":||Unknown||"Ladybug in Halloween":||Unknown|
Comics and books
|"Issue 1":||Absent||"Issue 5":||Unknown|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Unknown|
|"Issue 3":||Appears||"Issue 7":||Unknown|
|"Issue 4":||Appears||"Issue 8":||Unknown|
- Doorman's comic book outfit is reminiscent of Superman and other superheroes with similar designs from the Golden Age of Comic Books.
- Additionally, another character named Doorman, who also has the power to create and open portals, exists in Marvel Comics.
- He is a reference to Craig Pelton who's the dean of Greendale Community College from Community.
- In the United States, deans are mostly prevalent in tertiary education (American colleges and universities) than in secondary education (American middle and high schools). Though, deans are also common in private college-preparatory schools. Because Gate works at a public high school and he's referred to as a "teacher" by Alya Césaire, it's unlikely that he's an actual dean at Armstrong High School.
- He bears resemblance to the doorman of Le Grand Paris.
- In the third issue of Miraculous Adventures, Doorman is with the group of superheroes that Ladybug and Cat Noir have to temporarily leave to detransform, but when the duo return, he isn't with the group anymore, despite the rest of the superheroes still being there.
- In the French dub, Dean is revealed to be a teacher at Armstrong High School which is something that's never mentioned in the English dub.
- On Jessica's contact list, Dean Gate is labeled as "Prof. Gate" on Jessica's contact list. However, while the "professor" title normally applies to those who teach American tertiary schools, this is not an error. New York has a very different education system compared to the other states where it allows teachers to be a "professor" or "doctor" at secondary schools. Some teachers can even prefer being called by their "professor" title instead of the "Mr., Ms., or Mrs." title.
Click here to view the gallery.