|“||Where there's a supervillain, there's always a superhero close behind! No way I'm missing this!||”|
—Alya, "Ladybug & Cat Noir"
Alya Césaire is a supporting character in Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir. She is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont and Marinette Dupain-Cheng's best friend. She is also the only admin of the Ladyblog and head of the school blog.
In "Lady Wifi", after Alya gets suspended from school because of Chloé Bourgeois, she gets akumatized by Hawk Moth and becomes Lady Wifi, a supervillain whose powers come from her smartphone and its Wi-Fi signal.
In "Sapotis", after her younger twin sisters are akumatized into titular villain, Alya receives the Fox Miraculous from Ladybug. When the Miraculous is inhabited by Trixx, Alya becomes Rena Rouge, a fox-themed superhero who helps Ladybug and Cat Noir "during particularly difficult missions" in the second season and beyond.
In "Félix", after being fooled by Félix to think that Adrien didn't appreciate his friends, she is re-Akumatized into Lady Wifi, and, along with Reflekta and Princess Fragrance, the three supervillains form the The Punishers Trio, a group of supervillains who want to get revenge on Adrien, later Félix.
In "Gang of Secrets", after Marinette keeps hiding secrets from her and the group, Alya is re-akumatized by Shadow Moth into Lady Wifi along with Reflekta, Princess Fragrance, Timebreaker, and Horrificator. The five supervillains all form the Gang of Secrets, a group of supervillains who want to reveal Marinette's secrets. And from this episode onwards, she is aware that Marinette is Ladybug.
As of "Optigami" she is now a permanent holder of the Fox Miraculous. She also becomes Marinette's presumptive successor for the ownership of the Miracle Box.
During the events of "Sentibubbler", she created an illusion of Ladybug, which claimed that Alya would no longer use the Fox Miraculous, allowing Alya and her family to be freed from any future threats from Shadow Moth. This forces Alya to only use her Miraculous behind the scenes, at least until Shadow Moth is defeated.
As of "Rocketear", after putting herself in a position where her hero persona could no longer be seen in public and where she could only assist her allies from the shadows, her costume changes and she decides that she is now known as Rena Furtive.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Family
- 5 Relationships
- 6 History
- 7 Sightings
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Alya is a Martiniquan Creole-French girl with a curvaceous body. She has heart-shaped lips, grayish gold eyes, and a mole above her forehead. Her hair is wavy and reddish-brown ombre, growing slightly past her shoulders and having brilliant tangelo tips.
She wears black horn-rimmed glasses, with a white spot on each side. Her outfit consists of a white tank top underneath a short-sleeved plaid shirt with white, beige, orange, and purple stripes; light blue jeans, and white sneakers with black tops. She wears brilliant crimson lipstick.
As Rena Rouge
When transformed, Rena Rouge's hair turns longer, becomes a three-tone ombré, having the roots turn reddish-brown/brilliant vermilion, mixing to orange with the tips being white, and she wears her hair back into a high ponytail with an orange headband. Her body appears slimmer than her civilian form. The top layer of Rena Rouge's jumpsuit, akin to an orange swan necked-overcoat with a black part on her neck, white front and black arms and, gloves up to the middle of her upper arms. The overcoat layer attaches down the vertical front center with a zipper, and the Fox Miraculous becomes the zipper. The overcoat also has a long fox tail-like coattail that ends a bit below her knees at a sharp white tip. The bottom layer of her suit is orange with a white center on the front of the body and black legs starting at a point in the middle of her upper legs. She also wears black boots with orange soles and black fox paw print markings. Rena Rouge wears an orange mask with a white bottom half and a black mark above each eye that resembles eyebrows. Two fake orange fox ears with white insides, black tips, and black edges are attached to the top of her head. She attaches her flute diagonally on her back when it's not being used.
As Rena Furtive
Rena Furtive has the same appearance as Rena Rouge except for having blue hair with her outfit having a blue camouflage print design, along with pale, light grayish cornflower blue eyes.
As ScarabellaAs Scarabella, Alya wears a turtlenecked brilliant red zip-up tailcoat with black polka dots. Underneath, she wears a black skin-tight superhero jumpsuit with brilliant red accents giving the appearance of elbow-lenght fingerless gloves, short shorts, and thigh-high boots with black spots and soles. On her face, she wears a brilliant red mask that has five black polka dots in a symmetrical design with black marks around her eyes, and on her head she has a brilliant red bandana with black spots. Her yo-yo can be found around her hips and at the center when not in use.
As Lady Wifi
Lady Wifi has a very deep violet butterfly-shaped mask on her face, and her eyes are moderate cerise. The top of her hair turns a slightly darker shade, and she wears a very dark purple supervillain jumpsuit, her lower arms, and legs white with three stripes that are white above each. On her chest is a glowing light brilliant rose Wi-Fi symbol, and a thin white line goes around her waist, with the line creating a semicircle above a short vertical white line in the front, resembling a power button.
As Rena Rage
In "Mayura", Rena Rage has the same appearance as her superhero counterpart except for being red all over without the pattern she has on her superhero counterpart, and her flute being black, owing to her having been taken over by a Scarlet Akuma. Her appearance resulting from a regular Akuma is unknown.
Oblivio is a purple face-less silhouette that has a laser cannon in its left hand and wears a gray glove on its right hand.
Alya is rather energetic, passionate, and funny, confident, adventurous, yet down to earth. Alya's foresight has come in handy many times. After Marinette thinks she accidentally lost a video of Ladybug on Alya's cellphone, she explains that she had already posted the video on her blog, mindful that something might go wrong when she showed her clumsy friend the video. When it comes to anything involving Ladybug and Cat Noir, she easily becomes very excited and has a single goal of updating her blog as soon as possible, such as when she is kidnapped by the Pharaoh to be a sacrifice yet still records herself and live streams the video on her blog. Sometimes, she goes too far, such as spying on Chloé's locker in an attempt to find out if she is Ladybug, which results in her getting punished by Mr. Damocles.
Alya doesn't like being undermined or doubted by others, especially when it comes to her work. If someone points out something wrong to her, she is too stubborn to admit they are right. Through her research is generally right when she takes her time, Alya tends to jump to conclusions, like quickly suspecting Chloé of being Ladybug after seeing the girl with her own Ladybug suit and toy yo-yo and mistaking them for the real ones. She also has a habit of never checking her sources or doing ethical investigating of her blog posts, while demanding others to provide proof for their claims, even though she doesn't do that herself often.
Her reporter's edge seems to have calm down a bit thanks to her alter ego as Rena Rouge being aware that there are lines when it comes to exposing secrets learning that despite not being told everything as friends there was still trust between them.
Alya is extremely loyal, supportive, helpful, and sometimes pushy, such as when she goes out of her way to encourage and (sometimes literally) push Marinette into spending time with Adrien. She is also very stubborn when it comes to doing things her way, such as the photo shoot of Marinette's fashion line. Another side to her is that she can be a bit demanding at times just as keeping Nino in line about revealing Marinette's crush on Adrien. Alya has a dramatic side to her personality, such as when she pretends to be a unicorn with Manon and later makes an excuse to Adrien's photographer, who asks her to be a support model for Adrien, so Marinette can do the modeling instead. Having to babysit her younger siblings at home, she is great with kids, though sometimes she pushes her responsibility of watching them on Marinette so she can go on dates with Nino.
As described by Cat Noir in "The Pharaoh", Alya is a "brave chick", unafraid to get close to villains in her pursuit of the truth, tending to forget her safety at times and, needing rescue by the very superheroes she is filming. As Ladybug, Marinette calls Alya bossy, feisty, and bold. Her bravery and determination have helped both civilians and superheroes, such as when she makes a plan with her classmates to save Marinette and sacrifices herself in the process or rides a bike to distract Gigantitan from harming Ladybug, showing a more compassionate side towards her beloved ones in danger and great skills in leadership.
Alya holds great admiration and respect for the two superheroes, especially Ladybug, wishing to know anything and everything about her. Much more, she wildly dreams of knowing Ladybug's identity, not once thinking about the consequences of posting the information on her blog, as Marinette pointed out to her in several episodes. However, she would respect her desire to keep it secret. Alya wishes to work alongside her and that dream coming true when the superheroine chooses her to wield the Fox Miraculous and asks for her help in defeating Sapotis. She greatly values the trust Ladybug has in her, making her someone of her word above her burning desire to continue helping her teammates and returns her Miraculous back.
During a trip to the Wax Museum, Alya showed concern seeing a statue of her akumatized alter ego feeling remorseful about her actions. Her willingness to learn from her mistakes is shown once again in "Optigami". Despite respecting Ladybug as the guardian and as her best friend, she impulsively took the Turtle Miraculous when it was not required in Ladybug's plan. Just as easily as she fell for Lila's deception in the past, Alya ends up being fooled by Hawk Moth's tricks showing she has a lot to learn. When Ladybug quickly exposes the identity of Sentinino, Alya becomes devastated at the realization that her impulsiveness almost turned catastrophic. This event prompts her to self-reflect, ultimately learning from her mistake which earns Ladybug's decision of turning her into a permanent miraculous holder.
As Rena Rouge, Alya retains most of her personality traits such as her undying loyalty, trustworthiness, and curiosity. She is supportive of her allies, whom she gets very excited about working with, causing her to be a bit of a scatterbrain. A fast learner, she takes quickly to her abilities.
As Lady Wifi, her desire for answers increases considerably. Despising Ladybug's secrecy, she will stop at nothing to find out her secret identity, even if it means exposing a horrible person underneath, such as when she believes that Chloé is Ladybug. Her speediness to update onlookers remains the same, but her methods for finding info become sneakier than her normal self. Aside from that, she is also vengeful towards people that wronged her such as Mr. Damocles whom she paused after exposing his secret of suspending Alya.
As Rena Rage, her personality as Rena Rouge seems to inverse, making her cruel and aggressive.
As Oblivio, she wants nothing more than to erase the memories of everyone in Paris.
As a civilian
Alya is very tech-savvy, keeping up the school blog and Ladyblog with ease, uploading videos and streaming live recordings. She records with her cellphone and knows how to download videos from it. Judging from her Instagram photos, she is also quick with a camera, taking many photos of Ladybug and Marinette without being noticed until the heroine spotted her first.
She also can use applications to see more aspects of pictures than can be seen at first sight. In "Startrain", she started a blog about astronomy.
Aside from that skill, Alya is a very good writer, composing several articles for her blogs and penning the script for Nino's film in "Horrificator". Observant and a quick thinker, Alya has figured out a lot of things about Ladybug, Cat Noir, their Miraculouses, and the villains they fight from watching them. Even before becoming a regular superhero, she knew about their time limit and the Akuma-corrupted objects. She quickly deduced that the kwamis are the power source of their powers. While not knowing that her best friend is Ladybug, Alya guessed correctly the identities of Carapace and Cat Noir, though is apparently not sure about the latter.
Likewise, Alya excels at presenting herself in her videos, explaining situations when needed and usually keeping her cool if the situation gets dangerous, as with the Pharaoh. Alya quickly developed great acrobatic skills even in her civilian form, showing great synchronization with Nino while doing this. Alya showed the same coordination skills at dancing with him  and she also is good at rapping.She is learning how to cook from her mother.
Alya also possesses a very strong willpower. During "Mayura (Heroes' Day - Part 2)", she, as Rena Rouge, is shown to try to resist the power of Dark Cupid's hate arrows, despite eventually ending up being consumed by hate. In "Gang of Secrets", after some incentive by Ladybug, who reminded her of her identity as a superhero, she was able to free herself from Shadow Moth's control and deakumatize herself, a feat no person has ever managed to perform.
Similar to Marinette, Alya is shown to be very clever using her illusions to outsmart Shadow Moth into believing she'll never receive the Fox Miraculous again and save her loved ones.
She is shown to have a good memory as she was able to perfectly remember word for word of her conversation with Cat Noir the previous night in "Rocketear".
As Rena Rouge
Rena Rouge has enhanced skills, such as speed, strength, and resistance. Her most prominent physical skill is agility, jumping to heights that Ladybug and Cat Noir cannot. Like a fox, she also has enhanced senses such as hearing, smell, and night vision.
During "Sentibubbler", like a fox and similar to Cat Noir she has shown to be stealthy as she snuck into another part of her house without the titular sentimonster hearing or seeing her.
Her special power, Mirage, is executed by playing her flute to produce an orange ball of energy at the far end of it. Wherever she throws the ball of energy, it creates a hyper-realistic illusion. However, the illusion disappears if it is touched. Although Mirage is handy to use, Rena Rouge must use it wisely, as she can only use it once before reverting to her civilian form five minutes after using it.
She has the same abilities as Ladybug: enhanced skills like speed, agility, and strength, and near invulnerability to physical damage.
Like Ladybug, Scarabella can wield her yo-yo remarkably well, like using it as a grappling hook, a rope to restrain others, a projectile, and a shield if she spins it fast enough. Her mastery over the yo-yo is so remarkable that she was able to capture Cat Noir, a much experienced superhero, with it. After an evil akuma is released from its corrupted object, she can open his yo-yo, throw it to grab it, and remove the energy-charged it with, releasing it as a normal butterfly.Along with her special power, Lucky Charm creates an object that helps her to achieve her objective, and it often is to stop a villain. Though struggling at first, her cleverness help enables her to perceive where the object can be used to help her achieve her goal. Once the villain is dealt with, Scarabella can throw her Lucky Charm object into the air and use the Miraculous Scarabella, which will make it revert back to energy and fix all of the damage done since the villain appeared.
As Lady Wifi
A Wi-Fi signal gives Lady Wifi power, but if the signal is too weak or nonexistent, she loses her abilities. She uses her cellphone, which is the Akumatized object, as her weapon. Swiping her phone, she can shoot out glowing pink icons, to wit:
- The pause and stop icons, which can freeze people.
- The padlock icon, which can lock doors, and bind body parts to a surface.
- The camera icon, which she uses to film and broadcast videos that she can project in the sky and on all available screens.
- The fast forward icon, which acts like a hoverboard as a mode of transportation. This is first shown in "The Puppeteer".
Lady Wifi is also able to dispel any of the currently in-use icons by crossing them off using her cellphone. Additionally, Lady Wifi can teleport herself using cell phones and antennas.
In "Félix", Alya's tablet becomes Lady Wifi's new weapon and, because of her satellite connection, her previous weakness regarding the existence of Wi-Fi signal is removed.
Even without her phone abilities, Lady Wifi is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, easily being able to pin Cat Noir down on the ground. She is also shown to be remarkably strong, easily lifting an entire wooden chest and throwing it across the room at Ladybug.
As Rena Rage
She retains the same ability as Rena Rouge, as well as the same weapon.
Oblivio has super strength and wields a laser cannon that can fire a blast of purple energy that causes whoever it hits to lose their memories. Oblivio is invulnerable to physical attacks, which phase right through.
= Gender Unknown
- All of the Césaires' first names are based on famous jazz singers.
- Marlena is the only member of the Césaire family so far not to be Akumatized.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Stormy Weather":||Appears||14. "Darkblade":||Appears|
|2. "The Evillustrator":||Appears||15. "The Pharaoh":||Appears|
|3. "Lady Wifi":||Appears||16. "Timebreaker":||Appears|
|4. "Princess Fragrance":||Appears||17. "Horrificator":||Appears|
|5. "Dark Cupid":||Appears||18. "The Puppeteer":||Appears|
|6. "Mr. Pigeon":||Appears||19. "The Mime":||Appears|
|7. "Pixelator":||Appears||20. "Guitar Villain":||Appears|
|8. "Copycat":||Appears||21. "Reflekta":||Appears|
|9. "The Bubbler":||Appears||22. "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)":||Appears|
|10. "Simon Says":||Appears||23. "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)":||Appears|
|11. "Rogercop":||Appears||24. "Antibug":||Appears|
|12. "Gamer":||Appears||25. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|13. "Animan":||Appears||26. "Volpina":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Collector":||Appears||14. "Syren":||Appears|
|2. "Prime Queen":||Appears||15. "Zombizou":||Appears|
|3. "Glaciator":||Appears||16. "Captain Hardrock":||Appears|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Appears||17. "Frozer":||Appears|
|5. "Troublemaker":||Background||18. "Style Queen":||Appears|
|6. "Gigantitan":||Appears||19. "Queen Wasp":||Appears|
|7. "Riposte":||Absent||20. "Reverser":||Absent|
|8. "Befana":||Appears||21. "Anansi":||Appears|
|9. "Frightningale":||Appears||22. "Malediktator":||Appears|
|10. "Gorizilla":||Appears||23. "Sandboy":||Absent|
|11. "Robostus":||Appears||24. "Catalyst":||Appears|
|12. "Sapotis":||Appears||25. "Mayura":||Appears|
|13. "The Dark Owl":||Appears||26. "Santa Claws":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Chameleon":||Appears||14. "Kwamibuster":||Appears|
|2. "Animaestro":||Background||15. "Feast":||Appears|
|3. "Bakerix":||Appears||16. "Gamer 2.0":||Appears|
|4. "Backwarder":||Appears||17. "Stormy Weather 2":||Appears|
|5. "Reflekdoll":||Appears||18. "Ikari Gozen":||Appears|
|6. "Weredad":||Mentioned||19. "Timetagger":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Pictured||20. "Party Crasher":||Appears|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Appears||21. "The Puppeteer 2":||Appears|
|9. "Miraculer":||Appears||22. "Cat Blanc":||Appears|
|10. "Oblivio":||Appears||23. "Félix":||Appears|
|11. "Desperada":||Appears||24. "Ladybug":||Appears|
|12. "Christmaster":||Appears||25. "Heart Hunter":||Absent|
|13. "Startrain":||Appears||26. "Miracle Queen":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Truth":||Appears||14. "Sentibubbler":||Appears|
|2. "Lies":||Appears||15. "Glaciator 2":||Will Appear|
|3. "Gang of Secrets":||Appears||16. "Hack-San":||Appears|
|4. "Mr. Pigeon 72":||Appears||17. "Rocketear":||Appears|
|5. "Psychomedian":||Unknown||18. "Wishmaker":||Appears|
|6. "Furious Fu":||Pictured||19. "Simpleman":||Appears|
|7. "Sole Crusher":||Appears||20. "Qilin":||Unknown|
|8. "Queen Banana":||Appears||21. "Dearest Family":||Will Appear|
|9. "Gabriel Agreste":||Unknown||22. "Ephemeral":||Unknown|
|10. "Mega Leech":||Appears||23. "Kuro Neko":||Unknown|
|11. "Guiltrip":||Appears||24. "Penalteam":||Unknown|
|12. "Crocoduel":||Appears||25. "Risk":||Unknown|
|13. "Optigami":||Appears||26. "Strike Back":||Unknown|
|"Miraculous New York":||Appears||"Miraculous Shanghai":||Appears|
|"Miraculous Rio":||Unknown||"Miraculous Africa":||Unknown|
|"Miraculous London":||Unknown||"Miraculous Japan":||Unknown|
|"Miraculous Football Special":||Unknown||"Ladybug in Halloween":||Unknown|
|1. "Marinette in Paris":||Background||19. "Alix":||Appears|
|2. "Marinette and Fashion":||Appears||20. "Sabrina":||Appears|
|3. "Ladybug as seen by Adrien":||Background||21. "Ivan":||Background|
|4. "Ladyblog":||Appears||22. "Gabriel":||Background|
|5. "Adrien's Double Life":||Appears||23. "Nathaniel & Marc":||Absent|
|6. "Marinette and Alya":||Appears||24. "Marinette as seen by Chloé":||Background|
|7. "Marinette's Double Life":||Appears||25. "Lila":||Appears|
|8. "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette":||Background||26. "Hawk Moth and the Akumatized Villains":||Appears|
|9. "My Birthday Party":||Appears||27. "Family":||Appears|
|10. "Marinette and Adrien":||Appears||28. "Kagami as seen by Marinette":||Pictured|
|11. "Master Fu":||Absent||29. "Kagami as seen by Adrien":||Absent|
|12. "Tikki":||Appears||30. "Luka as seen by Marinette":||Asent|
|13. "Plagg":||Absent||31. "New Powers":||Absent|
|14. "Friends":||Appears||32. "New Heroes":||Appears|
|15. "Nino":||Appears||33. "Mayura and the Sentimonsters":||Appears|
|16. "Max":||Appears||34. "Chloé as seen by Marinette":||Absent|
|17. "Mylène":||Appears||35. "Nathalie as seen by Gabriel":||Absent|
|18. "Rose":||Appears||36. "Feelings":||Absent|
|Tales from Paris|
|1. "The Notebook":||Appears||4. "Busy Day":||Appears|
|2. "Inspiration":||Absent||5. "Homework Essay":||Absent|
|"Happy Birthday to You!":||Background||Miraculous Ladybug OVA:||Unknown|
|Ladybug & Cat Noir Awakening:||Unknown|
Comics and books
|"Issue 1":||Appears||"Issue 5":||Appears|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Unknown|
|"Issue 3":||Absent||"Issue 7":||Unknown|
|"Issue 4":||Absent||"Issue 8":||Unknown|
|Other Comics & Books|
|Ladybug Artbook:||Appears||Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug:||Unknown|
|Miraculous (manga):||Absent||Miraculous: Tales of Cat Noir:||Unknown|
|Tailor-Made Adventures:||Absent||Tales of Miraculous:||Unknown|
|Super Lady Luck:||Absent||Miraculous Mission Ladybug:||Absent|
|Throwdown!:||Absent||Ladybug Contra os Vilões:||Appears|
|Miraculous Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable||Miraculous Crush:||Playable|
|Miraculous: Color by Numbers||Pictured||Miraculous RP: Quests of Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable|
|The Mini Menace Ladybug:||Absent||Ladybug PV:||Absent|
|First CGI promotional videos:||Absent||Korean musical:||Appears|
- Captain Bug
- Wonder Bug
- Super Bug
- The Bug
- Justice Spots
- Alya's name is derived from the late R&B singer Aaliyah, just as the rest of her family's names are references to jazz singers.
- In Slavonic, "Alya" means "beautiful" or "scarlet", possibly a reference to her red-brown hair. In Arabic, "Alya" means "sky," "heaven", or "loftiness".
- Her surname, Césaire, pronounced SEH-ZAR, is a name variation of "Caesar", which translates to "hairy", akin to her large wavy hair.
- In the Croatian dub, her name is changed to Ajla Sezar.
- In "Truth", it is revealed that Alya is a fan of the longest running sci-fi TV series, Doctor Who, since her bedroom door is painted to be in the exact likeness of the front doors of the TARDIS.
- Alya is one of the few characters to have more than one akumatized identity along with Nino Lahiffe and Chloé Bourgeois.
- Unlike in the final product, Alya knew that Marinette was Ladybug in the early concept of the show.
- As of "Gang of Secrets", Alya is one of the few people that know Ladybug's identity along with an adult version of Alix Kubdel, Su-Han and the Chinese Miracle Box's kwamis.
- She is also one of the two members in the current French Miraculous superhero team to know Ladybug's true identity, following Luka, who discovered in the episode Wishmaker, however, he is the only member of the French Miraculous superhero team to know both Ladybug and Cat Noir's secret identity.
- In "Gang of Secrets", Alya becomes the first person to be able to free herself from the power of Akumatization.
- In older concept art, Alya didn't wear glasses but instead wore sunglasses on top of her head.
- Alya is the most recurring supporting character of the series, appearing in nearly every episode, alongside the main cast of Marinette, Adrien, Hawk Moth, Tikki, and Plagg.
- Likewise, Lady Wifi made the most on-screen reappearances out of any other akumatized villain in the series.
- Lady Wifi appears another time in "Gamer 2.0" for Gamer 2.0's powers.
- A wax statue of Lady Wifi appears in the Musée Grévin in "The Puppeteer 2".
- As of "Gang of Secrets", Lady Wifi is the fourth akumatized villain to disobey Hawk Moth, now Shadow Moth, following Gigantitan, Robustus and YanLuoShi.
- Additionally, she is the first akumatized villain to resist him.
- Her family comes from Martinique, which is possibly a reference to Aimé Césaire.
- News of Alya appearing as a superhero in an upcoming season was first released at Anime Expo 2016 during the Miraculous Ladybug panel.
- Rena Rouge's identity was later revealed to be Alya at the Miraculous panel at New York Comic Con 2016.
- It was confirmed again at the panel at San Diego Comic Con 2016, along with revealing her debut to be in Season 2.
- Her superhero name was revealed at a TFOU press conference on August 31, 2017.
- The final concept design of Rena Rouge was revealed at the New York Toy Fair 2017 as a preview for a fashion doll and action doll of her.
- Alya's role as the future holder of the Fox Miraculous was foreshadowed in the second opening, in which she was shown with a fox emoji.
- Alya is the first superhero to integrate Ladybug and Cat Noir's team, excluding themselves.
- Alya is the first person to become an akumatized villain and a Miraculous holder, excluding Gabriel Agreste, who akumatized himself.
- Alya's superhero name, Rena Rouge, is a play on "Renard Rouge", which means Red Fox in french.
- Alternatively, "rena" could also be referring to the word for "fox" in Haitian-Creole.
- In the Italian dub, she is called Volpe Rossa, which also means "Red Fox".
- In the European Portuguese dub, her name was changed to Fox Rouge. This was most likely done to avoid confusion the meaning of the word "rena" in Portuguese, which means reindeer.
- As revealed in "Syren", she still gets called on by Ladybug to be Rena Rouge from time to time, but she always gives back the Fox Miraculous when she is done.
- This changes in Optigami, when Marinette decides to make Alya the permanent holder of the Fox Miraculous.
- This makes her the third person to have a permanent hold on a Miraculous from the Chinese Miracle Box, after Marinette and Adrien.
- Similar to Cat Noir, Rena Rouge's ears and tail are fake, but it is unknown if they respond to her mood and emotions, or if they can enhance senses.
- Since her ears are fake they could be a pair of clip on ears.
- Ladybug presents the Bee Miraculous to Alya in "Style Queen" but she is turned into a glitter statue before she can accept it.
- Lady Wifi is the first villain who manages to remove a Miraculous from one of the heroes without making it disappear, as Cat Noir drops his ring when she throws him into a freezer. However, she is unaware of the success as she focuses on Ladybug at the time.
- When Alya and Nino become Oblivio, their supervillain name is a pun on the word oblivion, which means, "the state of being unaware or unconscious of what is happening".
- As mentioned in "Startrain", besides the Ladyblog; Alya has also worked on other blogs.
- Alya has her own official Instagram account. You can find her under the username @alya.ladyblogger.
- Due to her dad's job at the zoo, on occasion, he lets Alya and her friends or family in after hours.
- Since September 2020, Alya has now her own Facebook account.
- As seen in "Mr. Pigeon 72", Alya has been akumatized in Lady Wifi four times. ("Lady Wifi", The Puppeteer","Félix", "Gang of Secrets").
- With her akumatization into Rena Rage in Mayura and in Oblivio, Alya has been akumatized six times in total.
- With her six akumatizations, Alya comes in third place, along with Juleka, Rose, Roger, Philippe, Lila and Jagged, for having been akumatized several times behind Mr. Ramier and Chloé.
- However, unlike the others, Alya, Lila and Chloé haven't been re-akumatized into the same villain every time.
- As seen in "Mayura", Rena Rouge is the second person who isn't Ladybug or Cat Noir to break an akumatized object, following Queen Bee in "Mayura".
- In "Hack-San" she use the Ladybug Miraculous, becoming Scarabella. She is the third person to use it, after Marinette in "Stormy Weather" and Adrien in "Reflekdoll".
- Overall she is the fifth person of french origins to use the Ladybug Miraculous following Jeanne d'Arc, La Coconielle, Marinette and Adrien.
- Her theme song during transformation is shown to be a mix between Pigella's and Ladybug's.
- In "Rocketear", Rena Rouge's costume adapts to her new undercover role, becoming Rena Furtive.
- Her suit in this form is light blue with camouflage patterns. This resembles an arctic fox, which is all white in the winter to camouflage itself in snow.
- She is also the first known Miraculous holder whose costume adapts to their new role.
- "Scarabella" is a portmanteau of the words, "scarab", a species from the scarab beetle, and "ella" which in various contexts means girl.
- Scarabs used to be considered a sacred animal by the ancient Egyptians, being a symbol of rebirth and used as a good luck charm.
Click here to view the gallery.
- Codename in "Gigantitan"
- In "Sapotis" by Cat Noir
- By Ladybug in "Syren" and Carapace in "Mayura"
- In "Mayura" by Queen Bee
- In "Ladybug" by Marinette.
- In "Gang of Secrets" by Ladybug.
- File:Miraculous Character Heights.png, File:Miraculous Character Heights - Superheroes.png
- https://pandasuite.com/viewer/2.0.2/59a6c26e48abe6f53a002dc9?t=1 (direct video source here)
- seen in "The Pharaoh".
- seen in "Sapotis".
- seen in "Miraculer".
- seen in "Anansi".
- seen in "Timetagger".
- Thomas Astruc via Twitter 29 March 2017