|This article is about the television series version of Cat Noir. You may be looking for the Ladybug PV version of Cat Noir, Félix Agreste, or another Cat.|
|“||We can't lose hope. People are relying on us.||”|
—Adrien speaking as Cat Noir, "Mayura"
Adrien Agreste is one of the two main protagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (alongside Marinette Dupain-Cheng). He is a student in Miss Bustier's class at Collège Françoise Dupont in Paris, France. He is also a fashion model for his father's brand. With the Cat Miraculous, when it is inhabited by Plagg, Adrien transforms into the black cat-themed superhero Cat Noir ("Chat Noir" in the French version), gaining the power of destruction to stop Hawk Moth and his akumatized villains. He is the second-in-command of the French Miraculous superhero team.
In "Reflekdoll", Adrien temporarily obtains the Ladybug Miraculous, which, when inhabited by Tikki, will be able to transform him into a ladybug-themed superhero Mister Bug, gaining the power of creation.
In "Desperada", Adrien temporarily obtains the Snake Miraculous, which, when inhabited by Sass, will be able to transform him into a snake-themed superhero Aspik, gaining the ability to go back in time for a Second Chance. Later, he returned the Miraculous after failing for the 25,913th time to save Ladybug from a particular villain.
In "Cat Blanc", in an alternative future, Cat Noir, conflicted between his loyalty towards his father and the girl he loved, is akumatized by Hawk Moth into Cat Blanc, a white cat-themed supervillain with the power of infinite destruction. Later, due to Ladybug fixing her mistake, the alternative future is erased, including Cat Noir's akumatization.
In "Ephemeral", after finding the truth about his parents, Adrien, affected by an akuma, gives the Cat Miraculous to Shadow Moth and is akumatized into Ephemeral, a supervillain who makes time faster or speed up the time it takes for a Miraculous holder to detransform. Later, after Sass uses Second Chance, Ephemeral is erased from the reality.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Family
- 5 Relationships
- 6 History
- 7 Sightings
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Adrien is a handsome and fair-skinned teenage boy with brushed-back blond hair that is swept to the right. He also has emerald-green eyes and has a rosy tint on his cheeks, nose, and the tips of his ears. He is about half a head taller than Marinette Dupain-Cheng.
Adrien wears a white button-down shirt with an upturned collar and sleeves rolled up above his elbow, which he keeps unbuttoned. Underneath, he wears a black shirt with five horizontal stripes around the chest, which are colored, from top to bottom, yellow, brown, bright green, navy blue, and purple. He wears blue jeans and orange sneakers with white laces and a logo of a black butterfly in a circle on the sides. On the ring finger of his right hand, he wears the Cat Miraculous, which is silver when he's not transformed. He sometimes carries the lucky charm bracelet in his pocket.
As Cat Noir
Cat Noir has cat eyes with green sclerae, dark green irises, and slitted pupils. His hair becomes longer and untamed, and it covers his normal ears. Cat Noir wears a textured black skin-tight catsuit with metal details. He wears matching gloves that have claws on the fingertips and boots with a hidden wedge, silver toes, and paw-shaped treads. He has a golden bell on his neck, connected to a zipper on the front of his costume, and a long belt that wraps around his waist and hangs out from the back like a tail. He wears black cat ears and a black mask to cover his face. When transformed, his ring turns black and gains a bright green paw print on its face.
As Mister Bug
As Mister Bug, Adrien's hair is the same as Cat Noir's, covering the Ladybug Miraculous, on his face is a red mask with black spots in a symmetrical design, his eyes are still green, and the waterlines are black.
He wears a black, turtlenecked skin-tight superhero jumpsuit with red accents on his upper torso, extending to his abdomen, thighs, on his forearms ending on a point in the back of his hands, in his shins resembling boots with black soles, all of which are covered in black spots. He has red shoulder pads and armor in his chest which are covered in black spots. The yo-yo, when not in use, is tied on his waist with a black string.
Aspik's eyes have vivid green irises and golden scleras. He wears a green and turquoise skin-tight suit with yellow accents and a skullcap covering his hair. He wields a lyre as his Miraculous tool, which is located on his back when not in use. He wears the Snake Miraculous on his left wrist.
As Snake Noir
As Snake Noir, Cat Noir's suit was resembles as his own suit, and Aspik's suit, and it is black, with turquoise accents, and without Aspik's shoulder pads. He sports Cat Noir's boots, pockets, and his belt, which has a accent colored-tip, and green cat eyes. Alongside the usual black cat ears, his hair is again covered. He wears the Cat and Snake Miraculouses on his right ring finger and wrist.
As Cat Blanc
Cat Blanc looks like Cat Noir, except that his skin is very pale, and is catsuit is completely white, including the bell and the cat ears. His hair is also white, and his eyes are an icy blue instead of their normal green.
Ephemeral has pale, light lilac colored skin and glowing pupil-less brilliant magenta eyes and wears a purple jumpsuit that covers most of his body, except for his eyes and the area of his nose and mouth. The suit possesses shoulder pads, gloves and knee-high boots that are of a darker shade of violet and glowing pink outlines and a black line around the waist. There are sets of three black arrows pointing down on his torso and members and a pointy helmet on his head with the same color of the suit with a black coloration at the front outlined by a glowing pink line and black arrows at the sides. All the arrows of his body starts flickering when he starts accelerating one's time.
Adrien is a dreamer and charismatic but is also often shy, a bit reserved, and considerably innocent and naive — particularly due to his unfamiliarity with much of the world beyond his father's reach. According to Nino, because of this, he resembled a baby bird afraid to come out of his shell. Due to his kind heart, Adrien always tries to see the best in others, willing to give second chances to others that have mean or cruel intentions, like Lila and Chloé, believing that through patience and time, anyone can change. His patience does have limits though, and he ended his friendship with Chloé after she refused to apologize for her actions in "Queen Banana". Despite that, he can be oblivious at times to the darkness or mischief that is in the hearts of others, like his father or his cousin Félix. Even towards himself, as he continuously pinned after Ladybug despite her telling him she's after someone else unaware in the love department it's wrong for him to do that.
Even though he is not very openly emotional to most people, he is friendly, empathetic, understanding, supportive, and encouraging to others in hard times and will defend his friends against those who would do them harm. His will for exposure, change and making friends definitely complements his personality, although it is a bit of a struggle for Adrien due to his busy schedule.
Adrien's shyer and gentler characteristics can be observed in awkward, uncomfortable situations or scenarios with particular people. This was shown when he nervously asked Marinette to sign his copy of Jagged Stone's new album, shyly greeted Ladybug in "Simon Says", posed with Marinette as their alter-egos in Clara Nightingale's music video, was shy about going on a date with Kagami alone in "Frozer", and tried to make Marinette more comfortable around him, but froze up and instead played a joke during "The Puppeteer 2".
While liking to have fun, Adrien is more serious, obedient, somewhat insecure, and less lively due to his strict upbringing. He is sensitive and perceptive; he was the only one who thought it was rude to party when Chloe told everyone she was 'leaving Paris'. He gets his feelings hurt and cries easily-- mention of his mother is enough to make his eyes tear up-- however he is used to disappointment and is able to manage these feelings to avoid attracting akumas. When in public, he usually tries to downplay his feelings on it, like his relationship with his father. He has an easier time letting his feelings show to those whom he is close to. However, Adrien will act on impulse if emotional enough, like lying to Théo Barbot out of jealousy about his relationship with Ladybug and sneaking out into the night while unhappy on Christmas, missing his mother. He feels that his father is overprotective, causing him to occasionally act rebelliously, like going places with his friends or alone without informing his family and taking things that don't belong to him, though the former case was caused by his father's over-protection.
His desire to be loved makes him vulnerable whenever disappointed by those he cares for, as seen when Ladybug didn't show up for their date in "Glaciator". Family-related issues also strike him emotionally, even in the simple situation when his father doesn't show up to spend dinner with him. Or when Mayura's deception leads him into trouble, meaning that he follows his heart at the most inconvenient times.
Adrien usually thinks reasonably and will express distress and frustration when someone is difficult or something is going wrong, especially in Plagg's case. However, according to Gabriel, Adrien is very similar to his mother, describing them as "dramatic" and "headstrong when it comes to other people's safety". He can be rather reckless with or without the mask, insisting on fighting Riposte with a sprained ankle in order to protect his crime-fighting partner. Then, seen again to a more dangerous extent when his ribs were broken as a result of his Cataclysm being used against him. On the verge of dying, he insisted on continuing to fight, showing his will and determination to help even if restrained. On certain occasions, Adrien (as Cat Noir) can be hasty sometimes, evidently when rushing to face certain akumatized villains without a plan. Due to this rashness, he often needs to be restrained or stopped by Ladybug or Master Fu.
At times, Adrien can be persistent and curious about his Miraculous powers or when wanting to figure something out, as seen when he continuously bribed Plagg with cheese until he spilled the truth about what Ladybug was hiding. This trait is highly apparent in his romantic pursuit of her, to the point where both Marinette (referring to Cat Noir) and Kagami believe that he is stubborn. However, like Alya Césaire, he places extreme values on the mutual trust he has with Ladybug, respecting her decision to keep her identity secret and eventually her secrets with the guardian and when Ladybug became one. To where he held a great fear of losing it and disappointing Ladybug to where he tried to hide the truth from her, evident in "Miraculous New York". According to Ladybug, Cat Noir does annoy her a lot, but he has never lied to her. Per her wishes, he is secretive to others about his personal life, such as his love towards her, partially telling his true feelings to her aforementioned friends.
Adrien is also unaware that his mother is still alive but in a comatose state due to the Peacock Miraculous. He believes that his mother is dead, which is why he told his father it was fine with him if his father wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with Nathalie. Showing that has more fortitude than his father as Adrien despite being in the dark accepted her passing and it didn't lead him down a dark path like his father.
Similar to Chloe, it's also understandable as to why Adrien hates secrets because of his father and possibly mother as he had to live his whole life as one big secret as he was home schooled meaning he was unable to interact with anyone else beside Chloe. Extending to the point to where no one else knew the real him, only the image his father made up of him and as a model. When he dons the mask of Cat Noir Adrien is free to express his inner self, but is bound by his secret identity and ends up becoming a liar himself as seen in "Lies". However his understanding is bit more refined than Chloe; as he accepts the secrets of his father and Ladybug and trusts that they have good intentions.
As Cat Noir, Adrien has the freedom to act however he desires outside of his normal life, letting his wilder side come out. More optimistic and open, he says whatever comes to his mind and has a habit of cracking cat-related jokes and puns. As he said in "Plagg", being Cat Noir is the only time Adrien can be himself. Much of his exaggerated personality, especially his flirtatious behavior with Ladybug, stems from entertainment such as anime, television, and movies due to his lack of experience with people his age beyond Chloé. According to Plagg, Adrien often takes after him and is one of his most irresponsible owners in 5000 years, though the latter might have exaggerated since he also considered him the best "Cat Noir". It is rare for Cat Noir to reveal his vulnerable side, but it does come through at times. Examples of this are when he quietly comments that not all parents are loving, tries in vain to tell Ladybug about his love for her before their transformations wore off, and opens up to Marinette about his struggles in the love department.
Since he became Cat Noir, like Marinette, Adrien has grown in confidence and developed characteristically. This is seen when he lashed out at his father and courageously asked Nathalie if he could bring his friends with him to the wax museum. In his attempts to get Ladybug's attention, as well as interacting with certain other people, he acts cocky and brags, liking to boast about himself in a comedic way. In "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette", he was described by Ladybug in the same way. His perspective of people slowly begins to change at first through his fights as Cat Noir; Adrien naively believed that people are only dangerous when akumatized, but in "Oni-Chan" through Lila, he learned that people could become dangerous even without superpowers. Horrified that her hatred of Ladybug is so deep, she was willing to leave the heroine and, by extension, everyone else in great danger just to have her revenge.
However, Cat Noir occasionally shows insecurity when comparing his abilities to Ladybug or their new partners. He displayed his biggest sense of insecurity when he failed to save those he cares about, leading to the fear of losing them seen in "Desperada", when his romantic feelings towards Ladybug caused him to take the snake miraculous despite knowing she also needed him as Cat Noir. As Aspik he tried for months before coming to the realization that he wasn't the right choice. These traits also often spark his instincts to protect Ladybug before himself, sacrificing himself numerous times always with a confidence she'll find a way when he can't. In "Furious Fu", realizing that if Ladybug had given up the Miracle Box and her memories she'd forget about him. Finding the memories they share so precious, refusing to lose her and the duty they share too important to pass onto someone else Cat Noir bravely defied Su-Han. To where he impulsively attacked Scarabella with his Cataclysm fearing that something happened to Ladybug in "Hack-San". During the "New York special", he grew aware of the destructive capabilities of the Black Cat Miraculous as he accidentally struck Uncanny Valley, knowing that if she weren't an android the outcome would've been different, in contrast to how he nearly cataclysmed Stoneheart in Origins. Because of this for a time Adrien felt unworthy of his powers and renounced them showing his growing discipline, restraint and caring side.
Despite all these traits, Adrien's change to his superhero status doesn't diminish his kindness and concern for others, among his other personality traits, such as his reasonable character and reckless behavior. He usually tries to persuade the supervillains to calm down and stop their rampage before fighting them when able to do so. While more prone to goofing off, Cat Noir gets serious when it is a lethal situation. He understands that it takes more than just superpowers to be a hero or useful, using his wits to help Ladybug out of a tight spot even without them. Even understanding that it's a hero's duty to rescue everyone especially those that cause trouble holding onto hope by setting an example for them that it will help others change seen in "Félix". Underneath his hero exterior, Cat Noir never forgets that he and Ladybug are still human with their own problems. He also knows how to cheer up his partner during their hardest times and encourages her to try to fight again. Deeply loyal and determined to help others and save the day, he really cherishes being uninhibited by his civilian life as a superhero. Due to his lifestyle and yet unlike his father he isn't tempted by power because he understands depending on how a person uses it won't get them what they need the most.
Cat Noir is welcoming and friendly when it comes to accepting new additions to the team, having open arms for Lila in "Volpina" and Rena Rouge in "Sapotis". He is also open to accepting help from others like Alix and Nathaniel during battles, as shown during the time he was reversed from "puss to wuss", becoming a complete coward, contrasting to his brave and confident nature. Like Ladybug, he is good at providing advice to others when they need it.  As Cat Noir, Adrien has the people's loyalty, respect, trust, and help when he needs it.
Through spending time with his other allies, Cat Noir, like Ladybug, also values their support and help. Thanks to his time as his alter ego and daringly wanting to see the outside world, Adrien got to experience something his father may have forgotten: The love of others. Starting to feel that Ladybug and others are like his second family. As well as valuing the support, companionship, and help of his friends. Due to Shadow Moth's power and desire ever growing like Ladybug, Cat Noir is thankful for the help of their old and new allies but due to them constantly showing up he feels a little left out and starts to believe that there will be a day when Ladybug won't need him.
While Ladybug was away in "Hack-San", Cat Noir takes over as leader of the team taking after the heroine's cautiousness and seriousness acting like a stern older brother and mentor as he did with Scarabella.
As Mister Bug, Adrien retains most of his personality as Cat Noir, like his hastiness and his confidence in his abilities. However, according to Lady Noire, he has lost some of his sense of humor, getting a taste of Ladybug's careful side and creative thinking.
As Aspik, Adrien retains more of his personality as a civilian rather than as Cat Noir. However, despite being still trustworthy and faithful, he was unfocused as his crush on Ladybug prevented him from doing a good job with fighting Desperada. Desperate to impress her as Adrien, he disregards the villain's movements and keeps using his power to go back in time to try to prevent Ladybug from being captured. Eventually, he comes to the conclusion he cannot be of any help to her as Aspik and returns the Snake Miraculous to Ladybug, understanding that what he was doing brought more harm than good.
As Snake Noir and remembering his time as Aspik, Adrien greatly improved using the power of Second Chance, as he shook off his desire to impress Ladybug. Following Viperion's example, he turned it into calmness, focus, and determination to save his friends.
As Cat Blanc, he retains most of his personality as Cat Noir, but in more of a twisted manner. He used his flirtatious behaviour as a facade to get close to his opponents so he can attack them. His love for Ladybug had become more obsessive and, while still showing to care for her, he still tries to get her Miraculous, even if that means destroying her. His temper becomes even more intense as he tried to destroy the whole galaxy, if not more, in anger for Ladybug not giving him her Miraculous. He also started to resemble his father in the sense that he let his emotions get the better of him. Also similar to Gabriel, Cat Blanc seemed to overlook easier solutions to fixing a problem as he tried to use the Ultimate Power to change everything back, but forgot that Ladybug's powers could fix everything without putting the universe at risk. This is likely because of him slowly losing his mind being alone for weeks, even months, in Paris post accidentally destroying the moon, along with his father, girlfriend and the rest of Paris.
During the episode Ephemeral, his Cat Noir and Adrien traits merge somewhat before becoming Ephemeral.
As Ephemeral, he is shown to be very lethargic, as he is forced by his father, the one who akumatized him, to betray the girl he loves to get her Miraculous. Just like his power is to accelerate time, he wishes nothing but that time passes quickly, not only because he wants his mother to return, but also because he wants Marinette's suffering to end. Despite being completely submissive to his father, Ephemeral is shown to still care for Marinette, as he is shown to react to her, when she calls for him as Shadow Noir takes her Miraculous.
As a civilian
Studious and formerly home-schooled, Adrien is the top student in his class, with his lowest grade being an A- in Math. He is especially good at physics. Having many extra lessons, Adrien can speak fluent Chinese and Japanese and can even understand Morse code. He is also very skilled at playing the piano and enjoys sharing musical joy with others.
Adrien is able to fight on equal grounds with his fencing teacher and fend off most of his students effortlessly, with the exception of Kagami, showing great reflexes and skill for offensive or defensive movements. Other than fencing, Adrien does Karate and Kung Fu, which enables him to fight in hand-to-hand combat and briefly fight his akuma-controlled bodyguard. Furthermore, Adrien takes basketball lessons. He took an interest in video games as well, being able to beat Max Kanté in Ultimate Mecha Strike III and achieve one of the top scores in the entire school (despite being surpassed by Marinette later). It is shown in "Mr. Pigeon" that he can whistle.
Like Marinette, to a possibly lesser extent, Adrien has great stamina and endurance as he was able to outrun a fan mob and was able to handle both the physical and mental strain of wielding two Miraculous together without struggle.
Though often looked down on compared to Ladybug and being more simple, straightforward-minded, Adrien is very intelligent and capable. He is able to look for loopholes in his father's rules, which his friends considered "sneaky". Though restless and reckless, Cat Noir is observant, noticing where the akumas are hidden several times and finding ways to save his Miraculous even when captured. He tricked Ladybug (and indirectly the suspicious Hawk Moth) into believing he wasn't Adrien. He further demonstrated his wits in his use with the Snake Miraculous as Snake Noir. He also suspected that Marinette was Ladybug after discovering that her kwami was in school and considering her regular disappearances (although he was tricked by her in the end).
From his lessons with Master Fu, Adrien has received the same knowledge about the history of the kwamis and the Miraculouses as Marinette, though likely to a lesser extent, as he wasn't prepared to become a guardian.
As Cat Noir
Cat Noir has enhanced physical skills such as superhuman speed, agility, and near-invulnerability. He is fast enough to outrun a pair of panthers, being capable of running at least between 35-50 mph. His increased strength allows him to do things such as being able to over shoulder throw his own bodyguard into an elevator, use his staff as a lever to knock over a city bus, roundhouse kick, punch and stomp vending machines and kitchen appliances with just one strike. His increased stamina, durability, and endurance allow him to survive being smashed into a series of cars, a face-plant into a traffic pole, falling several stories, being flung by Gigantitan, and taking a crash landing through Andre's ice cream stand without being dazed or injured. He has even survived attacks from Ikari Gozen and Bakerix, both of whom are akumatized villains who are strong enough to lift and throw around entire city buses. He also has good hand-to-hand combat skills when needed. Even out of "Aqua Mode," Cat Noir is a good swimmer. He can even handle temperatures as severe as absolute 0.
Like a cat, Cat Noir has enhanced senses such as hearing, smell, night vision, and super stealth, which he sometimes uses to find opponents. Also, like a cat, Cat Noir can use his claws to climb up surfaces or use them to cut through things.
Cat Noir uses his staff efficiently, wielding it as a sword, throwing it with great precision, and having it be deflected back to him. He is able to spin it at high speeds to form a shield or take advantage of its duplication and length-changing features. To travel long distances, he uses his staff and its variety in length to vault over obstacles. In and out of "Aqua Mode", he can also use his staff as a breathing apparatus for those who can't breathe underwater.
His special power, Cataclysm, allows him to negatively affect and essentially destroy anything that he touches with his ring hand. While it is usually used for object destruction, it can be used for a variety of different effects, for example, causing a bus's controls to go haywire and creating a platform in a structure. However, like other superheroes, using Cataclysm drains his Miraculous power, causing him to revert back to Adrien five minutes afterward.
When accessing his aqua powers, Cat Noir has the ability to breathe underwater and enhanced swimming capabilities.
When accessing his ice powers, Cat Noir has the ability to handle extremely low temperatures, as well as move freely and quickly on the ice.
When accessing his space powers, Cat Noir has the ability to breathe in space, and with the help of his jet pack, the ability move freely and quickly while up in the air.
As Mister Bug
He has the same abilities as Ladybug: enhanced skills like speed, agility, and strength, and near invulnerability to physical damage.
Like Ladybug, Mister Bug can wield his yo-yo remarkably well, like using it as a grappling hook, a rope to restrain others, a projectile, and a shield if he spins it fast enough. After an evil akuma is released from its corrupted object, he can open his yo-yo, throw it to grab it, and remove the energy-charged it with, releasing it as a normal butterfly.
Along with his special power, Lucky Charm creates an object that helps him to achieve his objective, and it often is to stop a villain. Though usually confused at first, his cleverness help enables him to perceive where the object can be used to help him achieve his goal. However, the Lucky Charm drains his power and causing him to revert back to Adrien shortly afterward, so he has to use it wisely. Once the villain is dealt with, Mister Bug can throw his Lucky Charm object into the air and use the Miraculous Mister Bug, which will make it revert back to energy and fix all of the damage done since the villain appeared.
Like Viperion, Aspik has much more enhanced skills, such as speed, agility, and strength, and he is almost invulnerable to physical damage. Like a snake, he also has enhanced senses like hearing and smell as well as infrared vision.
His special power, Second Chance, allows him to reverse time and change the outcome of an event, in which the power activates by sliding his finger on his Miraculous.
As Snake Noir
As Cat Blanc
As Cat Blanc, he possesses the power of infinite destruction. He can use a super-enhanced version of the Cataclysm, known as the Mega Cataclysm. He can also release his destructive power at long range, as a blast, or as a ray. He is capable of unleashing destructive energy that could potentially destroy whole galaxies in a single strike, unlike Cat Noir, who can only destroy one thing at a time. He can use his power an infinite number of times without his transformation dropping or his power source exhausting.
As Ephemeral, he has the power to accelerate time for another person. He does this by touching someone, causing an orb of lilac energy to get pulled out of them, and then absorbing it, which causes the arrows on his body to flicker as time starts to accelerate. When this power is used on a Miraculous holder, after they have used their superpower, their detransformation happens much sooner, in a matter of seconds.
= Gender Unknown
- Emilie Agreste mysteriously disappeared before the events of Season 1. In "Style Queen" and "Queen Wasp", it was revealed that she is underneath the Agreste Mansion in the same room seen in "Gorizilla", inside something resembling a coffin, in which she appears to be in a comatose state.
- In “Félix”, it is said that Gabriel did not let Adrien go to Amélie's husband's funeral.
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Stormy Weather":||Appears||14. "Darkblade":||Appears|
|2. "The Evillustrator":||Appears||15. "The Pharaoh":||Appears|
|3. "Lady Wifi":||Appears||16. "Timebreaker":||Appears|
|4. "Princess Fragrance":||Appears||17. "Horrificator":||Appears|
|5. "Dark Cupid":||Appears||18. "The Puppeteer":||Appears|
|6. "Mr. Pigeon":||Appears||19. "The Mime":||Appears|
|7. "Pixelator":||Appears||20. "Guitar Villain":||Appears|
|8. "Copycat":||Appears||21. "Reflekta":||Appears|
|9. "The Bubbler":||Appears||22. "Ladybug & Cat Noir (Origins - Part 1)":||Appears|
|10. "Simon Says":||Appears||23. "Stoneheart (Origins - Part 2)":||Appears|
|11. "Rogercop":||Appears||24. "Antibug":||Appears|
|12. "Gamer":||Appears||25. "Kung Food":||Appears|
|13. "Animan":||Appears||26. "Volpina":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "The Collector":||Appears||14. "Syren":||Appears|
|2. "Prime Queen":||Appears||15. "Zombizou":||Appears|
|3. "Glaciator":||Appears||16. "Captain Hardrock":||Appears|
|4. "Despair Bear":||Appears||17. "Frozer":||Appears|
|5. "Troublemaker":||Appears||18. "Style Queen":||Appears|
|6. "Gigantitan":||Appears||19. "Queen Wasp":||Appears|
|7. "Riposte":||Appears||20. "Reverser":||Appears|
|8. "Befana":||Appears||21. "Anansi":||Appears|
|9. "Frightningale":||Appears||22. "Malediktator":||Appears|
|10. "Gorizilla":||Appears||23. "Sandboy":||Appears|
|11. "Robostus":||Appears||24. "Catalyst":||Appears|
|12. "Sapotis":||Appears||25. "Mayura":||Appears|
|13. "The Dark Owl":||Appears||26. "Santa Claws":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Chameleon":||Appears||14. "Kwamibuster":||Appears|
|2. "Animaestro":||Appears||15. "Feast":||Appears|
|3. "Bakerix":||Appears||16. "Gamer 2.0":||Appears|
|4. "Backwarder":||Appears||17. "Stormy Weather 2":||Appears|
|5. "Reflekdoll":||Appears||18. "Ikari Gozen":||Appears|
|6. "Weredad":||Appears||19. "Timetagger":||Appears|
|7. "Silencer":||Appears||20. "Party Crasher":||Appears|
|8. "Oni-Chan":||Appears||21. "The Puppeteer 2":||Appears|
|9. "Miraculer":||Appears||22. "Cat Blanc":||Appears|
|10. "Oblivio":||Appears||23. "Félix":||Appears|
|11. "Desperada":||Appears||24. "Ladybug":||Appears|
|12. "Christmaster":||Appears||25. "Heart Hunter":||Appears|
|13. "Startrain":||Appears||26. "Miracle Queen":||Appears|
|Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Theme Song:||Appears|
|1. "Truth":||Appears||14. "Sentibubbler":||Appears|
|2. "Lies":||Appears||15. "Glaciator 2":||Appears|
|3. "Gang of Secrets":||Appears||16. "Hack-San":||Appears|
|4. "Mr. Pigeon 72":||Appears||17. "Rocketear":||Appears|
|5. "Psychomedian":||Will Appear||18. "Wishmaker":||Appears|
|6. "Furious Fu":||Appears||19. "Simpleman":||Appears|
|7. "Sole Crusher":||Appears||20. "Qilin":||Will Appear|
|8. "Queen Banana":||Appears||21. "Dearest Family":||Appears|
|9. "Gabriel Agreste":||Appears||22. "Ephemeral":||Appears|
|10. "Mega Leech":||Appears||23. "Kuro Neko":||Will Appear|
|11. "Guiltrip":||Appears||24. "Penalteam":||Will Appear|
|12. "Crocoduel":||Appears||25. "Risk":||Will Appear|
|13. "Optigami":||Appears||26. "Strike Back":||Will Appear|
|"Miraculous New York":||Appears||"Miraculous Shanghai":||Appears|
|"Miraculous Rio":||Will Appear||"Miraculous Africa":||Will Appear|
|"Miraculous London":||Will Appear||"Miraculous Japan":||Will Appear|
|"Miraculous Football Special":||Will Appear||"Ladybug in Halloween":||Will Appear|
|1. "Marinette in Paris":||Appears||19. "Alix":||Appears|
|2. "Marinette and Fashion":||Appears||20. "Sabrina":||Appears|
|3. "Ladybug as seen by Adrien":||Appears||21. "Ivan":||Absent|
|4. "Ladyblog":||Background||22. "Gabriel":||Appears|
|5. "Adrien's Double Life":||Appears||23. "Nathaniel & Marc":||Background|
|6. "Marinette and Alya":||Appears||24. "Marinette as seen by Chloé":||Background|
|7. "Marinette's Double Life":||Appears||25. "Lila":||Appears|
|8. "Cat Noir as seen by Marinette":||Appears||26. "Hawk Moth and the Akumatized Villains":||Appears|
|9. "My Birthday Party":||Appears||27. "Family":||Appears|
|10. "Marinette and Adrien":||Appears||28. "Kagami as seen by Marinette":||Appears|
|11. "Master Fu":||Appears||29. "Kagami as seen by Adrien":||Appears|
|12. "Tikki":||Background||30. "Luka as seen by Marinette":||Appears|
|13. "Plagg":||Appears||31. "New Powers":||Appears|
|14. "Friends":||Appears||32. "New Heroes":||Appears|
|15. "Nino":||Appears||33. "Mayura and the Sentimonsters":||Appears|
|16. "Max":||Appears||34. "Chloé as seen by Marinette":||Background|
|17. "Mylène":||Appears||35. "Nathalie as seen by Gabriel":||Appears|
|18. "Rose":||Appears||36. "Feelings":||Appears|
|Tales from Paris|
|1. "The Notebook":||Appears||3. "Repetition":||Mentioned|
|2. "Inspiration":||Mentioned||4. "Busy Day":||Appears|
|5. "Homework Essay":||Mentioned|
|Miraculous ZAG Chibi|
|1. Rooftop Dinner:||Appears||5. Cutest Cat Fight:||Appears|
|2. Catnip Fragrance:||Appears||6. Fatal Posy:||Appears|
|3. The Chase:||Appears||7. Scarybug:||Appears|
|4. Curiosity Kicked the Cat||Appears||?. NeckRace:||Will Appear|
|"Happy Birthday to You!":||Appears||Miraculous Ladybug OVA:||Will Appear|
|Ladybug & Cat Noir Awakening:||Will Appear|
Comics and books
|"Issue 1":||Appears||"Issue 5":||Appears|
|"Issue 2":||Appears||"Issue 6":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 3":||Appears||"Issue 7":||Will Appear|
|"Issue 4":||Appears||"Issue 8":||Will Appear|
|Other Comics & Books|
|Ladybug Artbook:||Appears||Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug:||Unknown|
|Miraculous (manga):||Absent||Miraculous: Tales of Cat Noir:||Will Appear|
|Tailor-Made Adventures:||Absent||Tales of Miraculous:||Unknown|
|Super Lady Luck:||Absent||Miraculous Mission Ladybug:||Playable|
|Throwdown!:||Appears||Ladybug Contra os Vilões:||Playable|
|Miraculous Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable||Miraculous Crush:||Playable|
|Miraculous: Color by Numbers||Pictured||Miraculous RP: Quests of Ladybug & Cat Noir:||Playable|
|The Mini Menace Ladybug:||Appears||Ladybug PV:||Absent|
|First CGI promotional videos:||Absent||Korean musical:||Appears|
- The character of Adrien was created around 2012.
- The earliest known appearance of Cat Noir was on the fake cover of Issue #12 of The Mini Menace Ladybug.
- In Polish, the pronunciation of Adrien's surname "Agreste" means gooseberry.
- Fans originally called him Félix, after a famous cartoon cat. For some time, this name appeared on the original French version of Zagtoon's official website, but later disappeared with newer, equally reliable sources calling him "Adrien."
- It was later revealed that the Ladybug PV version had, in fact, been called "Félix", and Félix and Adrien are not the same characters. Adrien was made around 2012 to replace Félix.
- As opposed to the show's current conceptualization of the how the Miraculouses work, when PV Félix was Cat Noir, his ring could not come off unless he got a kiss from Ladybug. In addition, while wearing the ring, Félix was cursed to have bad luck.
- Félix's original Cat Noir form was re-used as Adrien's Cat Noir, as featured in Thomas Astruc's animated movie featuring Ladybug and Cat Noir, in "Animaestro".
- Adrien's cousin Félix Graham De Vanily appears to share a similar design to Félix from the PV, as well as his name.
- Adrien's appearance changed immensely from Félix's design (seen in the Ladybug PV) to his own design. Félix's design included more formal clothing with black and gray colors, desaturated green eyes, and a tidier hairstyle. As Cat Noir, Félix's hair is much longer in a shaggy bob style and he wears higher boots. Félix also doesn't have a staff for a weapon.
- Their personalities are also different. Félix is less social, not openly friendly, and unkind to Marinette.
- Unlike Félix, Adrien's ring can come off anytime. This is seen in "Lady Wifi" when he, as Cat Noir, gets locked into a freezer and the impact causes his ring to fall off his finger, which makes him revert back to normal.
- Because Félix was Cat Noir in the Ladybug PV, Adrien was never seen in 2D form until the Miraculous: Tales from Paris webisodes. He will be seen again in 2D in the Miraculous Ladybug OVA, as Adrien is confirmed to still be Cat Noir instead of Félix.
- The French name "Adrien" comes from the Roman cognomen "Hadrianus," which means "from Hadria." In the days of the Roman Empire, Hadria was a town in northern Italy and the namesake of the Adriatic Sea. The Adriatic Sea is known for the dark-colored sand on its beaches, and for this reason, the name is also commonly translated as "dark one."
- His last name, "Agreste," means "rural" in French. It is also the French name for the grayling butterfly. Hence, his full name may be taken as meaning "dark butterfly".
- His name meaning, "dark butterfly", is a reference to his father's alter ego, Hawk Moth, and the dark butterflies (Akumas) he uses to akumatize people.
- Jokingly, Thomas Astruc said that his middle name is "Perfection."
- In "Copycat", Adrien's phone number is shown to be [].
- As he says in "Pixelator", he got to go to his first concert.
- According to Gabriel Agreste's voice actor, Adrien is not allowed to play Pokémon Go.
- The name "Chat Noir" is French for "Black Cat." Some sources have called him "Black Cat" instead of Chat Noir or Cat Noir.
- The reason for that change is that the partners at Disney thought that calling him "Chat Noir", might be confusing for young children, while translating it to "Black Cat" isn't very original.
- In the Korean, Hebrew and Serbian versions, Adrien's superhero name is "Black Cat."
- In the Russian version, Adrien's superhero name is "Super Cat."
- Cat Noir's legacy is as old as ancient China, as revealed in "Volpina".
- His responsibilities as a superhero not only include fighting akumatized villains, but also patrolling among many other things.
- Adrien doesn't appear to have as many issues juggling his normal life with his superhero work as Marinette does. However, he does struggle on occasion, as seen in "Princess Fragrance" when he misses his chemistry class, in "Simon Says" and "Gorizilla", where he had to be in two places at the same time, and in "Backwarder" where he had to hurry back to the train before his father noticed he was gone.
- This might be because Nathalie arranges most of his activities (extra studying, photo shoots, fencing, Chinese and piano lessons, etc), unlike Ladybug who arranges her things alone, but it is still suffocated.
- His father also arranges some of his activites as seen in "Ephemeral" when Gabriel made Adrien represent him at a conference of the 100th collection of Gabriel brand, leading Ladybug to recruit nine superheroes to defeat Moolak which also lead to problems regarding Su-Han.
- Cat Noir has been turned evil several times so far, having fallen under the influence of Dark Cupid's hate arrows, ending up under the control of The Puppeteer, being affected by Princess Fragrance's perfume, becoming controlled by Despair Bear, then being affected by Zombizou's kiss and lastly being affected by Malediktator's declaration bubbles.
- Unlike the others, Malediktator didn't use Cat Noir to fight against Ladybug.
- As both himself and his alter ego Cat Noir, Adrien has been affected the most times by akumatized villains out of the French Miraculous superhero team with a total of 18 times.
- According to Thomas Astruc in a joking matter, Cat Noir's suit is made of "boyfriend material".
- The suit is not made of leather but it is the closest material.
- The ears are made of the same material as the rest of the suit.
- The bell functions as a zipper and was added "because it looks cute."
- The bell on Cat Noir's suit is a reference to a domestic kitten, conveying his inner desire for a loving home.
- In "The Collector" reveals that Cat Noir’s tail is detachable.
- Cat Noir's cat ears and tail are clearly fake. However, they respond to his mood and enhanced senses.
- During "Dark Cupid", when Cat Noir isn't able to confess to Ladybug because their transformations are about to run out, his ears move down.
- In "Animan", his cat ears move when he hears Animan coming.
- In "Anansi", he seems to react with discomfort when the titular villain pulls at his ears, suggesting that while they are fake, they have sensation that he can feel and react to.
- Again in "Troublemaker", where he heard the villain's incoming attack.
- Cat Noir has displayed many feline behaviors; caressing his tail after Ladybug pulled it in "Stormy Weather", Ladybug scratching his chin in "Animan", cleaning himself by licking water off in "Princess Fragrance", purring in "Prime Queen", as well as growling at the villain, Audrey petting and cuddling him, licking his paw and chasing the toilet paper roll and the light of Ladybug's laser pointer, playing with Audrey's necklace and taking naps in "Malediktator". In other episodes he runs on all fours like a cat.
- Being able use his claws to climb up surfaces, unlike a real cat however, he can use them to cut through things.
- In the French version of "Copycat", Cat Noir calls Ladybug "Buginette" (in French, adding "-nette" to the end of a word is a way of showing affection). In the English version, he calls her "Bugaboo."
- In the French and Korean versions of "The Evillustrator", he called Marinette "Princess". In the English version, he calls her "little lady".
- According to Marinette in "Gigantitan", he always leaves his personal items in the car when he's on a photo shoot.
- In "Gorizilla," Adrien's email address is revealed to be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first time he went to the theaters with a friend was with Marinette in "Gorizilla".
- In "Syren", it is revealed that Adrien has Ladybug and Cat Noir figurines.
- He also says he has always wanted a goldfish.
- In "Sandboy", as himself, Adrien's greatest fear is being trapped alone, and as Cat Noir, his greatest fear is Ladybug hating him.
- In "Weredad", Adrien as Cat Noir reveals that this is the first time a girl admits being in love with him.
- Thomas revealed on Twitter that Adrien and Marinette will be seen as a "real couple" at some point in the show.
- In "Gorizilla", she was referred to as Adrien's girlfriend, though in that case, it was due to public misperception.
- During "Oblivio", through their amnesic state Marinette and Adrien briefly become a couple until their memories were restored.
- In "Cat Blanc" they were in a romantic relationship in an alternative future.
- In "Ephemeral" they were in a romantic relationship in an alternative future.
- During a Q&A on January 15, 2019, Jeremy Zag confirmed Ladybug and Cat Noir will reveal their identities and that it is already written.
- Which is done in "Oblivio". Although they were under the case of amnesia from the villain and had forgotten about the reveal once Ladybug restored everything with Miraculous Ladybug.
- Which is also done in "Desperada". However the knowledge was erased due to the power of Second Chance.
- In an alternative future seen in "Cat Blanc", Adrien discovered Marinette's identity and revealed his to her later.
- In "Ephemeral", unknown that Ladybug was forced by Su-Han, Adrien revealed himself willingly and patiently waited for Ladybug to reveal hers.
- Adrien has his own official Instagram account. You can find him under @adrienagrestebrand.
- Manager of the character accounts announced that she no longer works at ZAG. The future of accounts is unknown.
- According to him on his instagram page, he believes that Marinette's bracelet it's really lucky after he wins two fencing matches.
- Adrien mentions when having a break between photoshoots he likes to read classic novels.
- He also mentions in instagram when he was younger he had a fear of thunder.
- He says the park is one of his favorite places to do photoshoots.
- He enjoys doing photoshoots as Cat Noir for civilians as well as hanging out with his other allies.
- Despite disliking being home-schooled Adrien disliked being sick even more.
- Has a desire to live in a small house or like a little cute cottage.
- Also, he mentions that he has always wanted a sibling, and used to be close to his cousin, who he hasn't seen for nearly a year.
- The books that are in his room are purely decoration and Nathalie's favorite.
- He has a new camera.
- Since September 2020, Adrien has now his own Facebook account.
- As Mister Bug, Adrien mentions in "Reflekdoll", that he always wanted to capture an akuma with Ladybug's powers.
- Adrien is the only member of Miss Bustier's class or French Miraculous Superhero Team that wasn't akumatized in the permanent timeline.
- He is the first person to only be akumatized in an alternate reality.
- As of Season 3, Adrien is the second person following Marinette for having the most Miraculous used on one person following the Cat Miraculous, the Ladybug Miraculous and the Snake Miraculous.
- He is also the second person following Marinette for having the most Miraculous transformation and fusion forms with a total of four.
- He is also the second person following Marinette for having the most fusion forms with Snake Noir.
- As of the "Battle of the Miraculous", his current Cat Noir form, his Mister Bug form in "Reflekdoll", his Aspik form in "Desperada" and his Snake Noir form have all been revealed.
- He is also the second person following Marinette for having the most Miraculous transformation and fusion forms with a total of four.
- Mister Bug, Aspik and Snake Noir was first revealed in concept art shown at the 2018 Comic Con Experience panel on December 6, 2018.
- Adrien is the second male to wield the Ladybug Miraculous as Mister Bug succeeding Micazoyolin, contrasting to Marinette, who is the first female to wield the Cat Miraculous as Lady Noire.
- He is also the fourth known person of French origins to wield the Ladybug Miraculous temporarily succeeding Jeanne d'Arc, La Coccinelle and his partner Marinette Dupain-Cheng.
- And yet, continent wise he is the second person of Europe to wield the Cat Miraculous following the Ancient European Cat Miraculous Holder.
- Aspik's name is a version of aspic, the French word for "asp," an archaic name for venomous snakes that inhabited the Nile region that is now believed to refer to the Egyptian cobra.
- Snake Noir's name translates to "Black Snake" which refers to a species of snake that lives in North America.
- In "Cat Blanc" reveals that Adrien has a fifth first name which is Athanase.
- As of "Cat Blanc", Adrien has the most kill counts of all the series, since the titular villain not only cataclysmed and killed Ladybug and Hawk Moth, but the entirety of Earth's inhabitants as a result of his Mega Cataclysm destroying the moon and flooding the entire planet.
- Cat Blanc is also the first akumatized villain (and by extent character) to kill a member of his own family, since it's shown that Hawk Moth/Gabriel Agreste was cataclysmed and Emilie Agreste may have presumably drowned as a result of Paris' flooding after the moon's destruction (or she may have been simply cataclysmed as well).
- According to Thomas' tweet on "Cat Blanc", Adrien also broke the record for the longest time a person has been akumatized with it being over the course of a few months.
- He is the third akumatized villain to kill in the series followed by "Timebreaker" and "Miraculous Shanghai".
- Following Alya Césaire, Nino Lahiffe, Chloé Bourgeois, Nathalie Sancoeur, Luka Couffaine, Max Kanté, Kagami Tsurugi, Alix Kubdel and Lê Chiến Kim, he is the tenth person to become a Miraculous holder and akumatized villain, excluding Gabriel Agreste, who akumatized himself.
- These facts are erased from reality after Ladybug goes back in time to stop her past self from writing her name on the letter that led Adrien to discover her secret identity.
- Adrien was the only member of his family to actually be chosen by a guardian (Master Fu) to wield a Miraculous.
- Adrien was originally supposed to be disabled, and use a crutch. However, the producers and the broadcasters didn't trust themselves to write him well, so the idea was scrapped. It later became Cat Noir's staff.
- Adrien as Cat Noir always comes to the Le Grand Palais Hotel when he's feeling down, as seen in "Lies".
- In "Furious Fu", Master Fu mistakes Cat Noir for a "wingless bat", despite calling him a kitten prior to his deakumatization.
- Cat Blanc made a brief reappearance in Sentibubbler, where he was one of the people terrorizing Marinette in her nightmare.
- In Rocketear, Adrien learned Alya and Nino's secret identities.
- As of it, Adrien's secret identity is the only one not known by a single person. Since Master Fu had his memory erased in Miracle Queen and Su-Han is not able to track him down like he did Marinette, his identity is known to absolutely no person.
- However, Luka is the first person to know Adrien's secret identity in the following episode.
- Except for Bunnyx in "Cat Blanc", when she viewed the past.
- Marinette in "Oblivio" and "Cat Blanc", until her memory was returned to normal and the past was changed.
- Su-Han learns it in "Ephemeral", but due to him causing the events that led to Shadow Moth gaining the Ultimate Power and Sass using his version of Second Chance, Cat Noir's identity was wiped from his memory.
- It's unknown why Adrien was homeschooled for most of his life.
Click here to view the gallery.
- In "Weredad", "Oblivio", "Cat Blanc" and “Ephemeral”.
- In "The Bubbler", it is Adrien's birthday. Later, in "Gorizilla", Gabriel refers to his son as "a 14-year-old boy." According to multiple characters in "Félix", a year has passed from Emilie's "disappearance", and since Emilie "disappeared" before "Origins", less than a year would have passed since his last birthday. This is further supported by some of Thomas Astruc's tweets, in which he states that all events of the show happen in the same school year.
- File:Miraculous Character Heights.png, File:Miraculous Character Heights - Superheroes.png
- Chloé Bourgeois: https://twitter.com/Thomas_Astruc/status/645287923550695424
- Ladybug calls him this in various episodes, including "Mr. Pigeon".
- By Ladybug in "Reverser" and "Miraculous Shanghai, Reverser in "Reverser", Gigantitan in "Gigantitan", Nightmare Ladybug in "Sandboy", Chloé in "The Evillustrator" and "Despair Bear", Bunnyx in "Timetagger", Miraculer in "Miraculer", Princess Fragrance in "Félix".
- By Ladybug in "Lady Wifi".
- By Lady Wifi in "Lady Wifi"
- By Nino in "Animan".
- By Ladybug in "Dark Cupid, Prime Queen, Guitar Villain in "Guitar Villain", Befana in "Befana".
- By Befana in "Befana".
- By Lady Wifi in "Lady Wifi" and Ladybug in "Gigantitan".
- By Rena Rouge in "Sapotis".
- In "Troublemaker" by Ladybug.
- In "Frightningale" by Chloé.
- In "Reverser" by Ladybug.
- In "Anansi" by Nora.
- In "Style Queen" by Style Queen.
- Codename in "Gigantitan"
- In "Mayura" by Scarlet Queen Wasp
- In "Syren"
- by Alya in "Miraculous New York"
- In "Christmaster" by Ladybug.
- By Ladybug in "Silencer"
- In "Timetagger" by Bunnyx and Ladybug.
- By Lady Noire in "Reflekdoll"
- By Reflekta in "Reflekdoll"
- By bus driver in "Feast".
- By Ladybug and himself in "Feast".
- By Ms. Mendeleiev in "Kwamibuster".
- By Ladybug in "Cat Blanc".
- By Wang Fu in "Furious Fu"
- By Kaalki in "Sole Crusher"
- By Chloé Bourgeois in Queen Banana
- By Alya in "Rocketear"
- In "Animaestro"
- In "Prime Queen".
- Mentioned by Adrien in Animaestro
- Report on Thomas Astruc at Japan Weekend: https://twitter.com/Ladybug_Cartoon/status/780062958751809536
- Report on Thomas Astruc at Japan Weekend: https://twitter.com/Ladybug_Cartoon/status/780070765798559745
- LadyBug 'Making of'
- As mentioned in "Pharaoh", "Syren", "Anansi", "Reflekdoll", and "Timetagger".
- This was in "Sapotis", "Queen Wasp", "Gamer 2.0" and "The Puppeteer 2".
- This was shown in "Reflekta", "Gorizilla", "Heroes' Day" and "Feast"
- As seen on his schedule
- Felix seen on Zagtoon's site
- "On Chat Noir Needing a Kiss From Ladybug" (Tumblr). Archived from the original here.
- MIRACULOUS | 🐞 ANIMAESTRO 🐞 | SEASON 3 | Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir - YouTube
- MIPCOM 2013 coverage page 59/142
- This was answered on Tumblr before Thomas deactivated his account, ergo, no link. Admin Princess of Harte asked the question about the bell.