So in season two, references from season one will be made.
The whole 'she's just a friend' bologna (come on Adrien, only people who are in denial say that, just ask her out already, yeesh), Jagged Stone's Eiffel Tower glasses that Mari made him in Pixelator, and the charm that Mari gave Adrien in Gamer. (Thomas Astruc said that the charm would make a comeback and it never did in season one, so.....)
I'm sorry, but before I can continue I have to throw a mini rant first. I'm really excited about the charm! Wouldn't it be beyond adorable if he wears it when he learns to bake cookies with Mari and her family?! I wonder if he keeps it with him, like in his pocket maybe? I hope that when they become a couple he wears it like, all. The. Time. Maybe it could bring them closer to a reveal. Like if he has it as Cat for some reason, and LB sees. I'm just so psyched about the charm making a comeback! So many possibilities! Okay, end of rant now.
Here are some references that I personally would like to see made.
1. The kiss in Dark Cupid. SOMEONE has to tell him. Catboy cannot be kept ignorant any longer. It was his first kiss, Ladybug, he has a right to know! This is an outrage, an abomination! I mean it. This has to happen or my head will explode, gosh darn it.
2. Ladybug nearly giving up her Miraculous to a maniac who would then give them to an even bigger maniac, revealing her identity to her partner, said maniacs, and Paris, and plummeting to her morbid demise to keep 'Adrien' from being dropped off the Eiffel Tower in Volpina. Seriously, she should have just screamed ''I'm in love with Adrien Agreste'' she was being so obvious. Adrien has got to be at least a LITTLE curious about this.
3. Cat knowing that the Adrien that Volpina had was an illusion despite the fact that Adrien was no where to be found, and all evidence was against him. Mari has similarly got to be curious about that.
4. The scarf that Mari made Adrien in The Bubbler. I WANT HIM TO FIND OUT SOMEHOW THAT SHE MADE IT FOR HIM. Maybe she signed it somewhere. She signs her designs, right? Although.... she does have a habit of forgetting to sign stuff when it comes to her 'sweet Adrien'..... Crap Mari, why?
5. The valentine that Mari sent Adrien in Dark Cupid and the CD that she signed for him in Guitar Villain. I NEED him to compare the IDENTICAL handwriting on both. Because it's the same. And he might find this at least SLIGHTLY suspicious. Slightly off topic, wouldn't it be awesome if he as Cat for some reason mentions the valentine to LB and she just sits there like ''......whaaaaa???''
So that about sums up my list of season one references. If anyone can think of anything else that they would like to see referenced in season two, please comment!
P.S. We also get to find out what happened between Alya and Nino while they were locked in that cage in Animan! XD